This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

9 seated or 45 seated S&G's

• jonnyjm
      jonnyjm
      Silver
      Which would you say are more profitable in terms of time?

9 seated S&G's dont take aslong as 45 seated S&G's so you can play more 9 seated S&G's in the same amount of time as you can play fewer 45 seated S&G's.

But the prize pools are bigger in the 45 seated S&G's. But the top 33% get payed in 9 seated and if you played 45 seated the top 16% (approx) get payed.

What are your thoughts?
  • 9 replies
    • dadude77
      dadude77
      Bronze
      I think it depends on the person. I'd say if you have the roll for it, try at least 100 of each (preferably more) and see how you do! :)
    • jonnyjm
      jonnyjm
      Silver
      Originally posted by dadude77
      I think it depends on the person. I'd say if you have the roll for it, try at least 100 of each (preferably more) and see how you do! :)
      I do have the roll.

I ask because i moved from over fully from cash games, i seem to play alot better these days in S&Gs than Cash games and was wondering about peoples expirence and sarmple of 45 and 9 seated.

I'm currently grinding out a 1k sarmple size of 9 seated.

I know a good ROI is around 20% but iv never been sure what type of S&G this was aimed at (ie: 9-18-27-45-90 or 180 seated)
    • dadude77
      dadude77
      Bronze
      Ok i did this for awhile, grinded them out, If you could do 1k of each, should be good to compare. I go more for the longer ones, although maybe a little less profitable, I find much more enjoyable, which I think is important! :)
    • dadude77
      dadude77
      Bronze
      If you're new to SnG's, take a look at this thread
    • viewer88
      viewer88
      Bronze
      9seaters are shorter, but you can play more 45seaters at the same time because you wil encounter less shorthanded situations.

btw I think 45seaters are more profitable, but you need patience and alot of time for each session.
    • viewer88
      viewer88
      Bronze
      9seaters are shorter, but you can play more 45seaters at the same time because you wil encounter less shorthanded situations.

btw I think 45seaters are more profitable, but you need patience and alot of time for each session.
    • Adzi
      Adzi
      Silver
      I've started with 45's inspired by "boku challenge" and have really great results. It's small samplesize (~400 SNG's) but I'm satisfied.

I plan on grinding them during summer. Don't have much time right now

Edit:
      I usually play sessions with sets of 14-17 SNG's. When I finish the last one, I start a new set of 14-17, and never open more tables until I'm done with the last one of that set.

I'll try and see how will I run when playing just 10 SNG's at same time, so I could focus more on the bubble
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Adzi
      I've started with 45's inspired by "boku challenge" and have really great results. It's small samplesize (~400 SNG's) but I'm satisfied.

Edit:
      I usually play sessions with sets of 14-17 SNG's. When I finish the last one, I start a new set of 14-17, and never open more tables until I'm done with the last one of that set.

I'll try and see how will I run when playing just 10 SNG's at same time, so I could focus more on the bubble
      And which BRM?
    • Adzi
      Adzi
      Silver
      Originally posted by veriz
      Originally posted by Adzi

Edit:

And which BRM?
      I started with 100BI. I still play $3,25 even though I have more than 100 BIs for the next level.

When I will have more time to play, I'll move up