9 seated or 45 seated S&G's

• jonnyjm
      jonnyjm
      Bronze
      Which would you say are more profitable in terms of time?

9 seated S&G's dont take aslong as 45 seated S&G's so you can play more 9 seated S&G's in the same amount of time as you can play fewer 45 seated S&G's.

But the prize pools are bigger in the 45 seated S&G's. But the top 33% get payed in 9 seated and if you played 45 seated the top 16% (approx) get payed.

What are your thoughts?
  • 9 replies
    • dadude77
      dadude77
      Bronze
      I think it depends on the person. I'd say if you have the roll for it, try at least 100 of each (preferably more) and see how you do! :)
    • jonnyjm
      jonnyjm
      Bronze
      Originally posted by dadude77
      I think it depends on the person. I'd say if you have the roll for it, try at least 100 of each (preferably more) and see how you do! :)
      I do have the roll.

I ask because i moved from over fully from cash games, i seem to play alot better these days in S&Gs than Cash games and was wondering about peoples expirence and sarmple of 45 and 9 seated.

I'm currently grinding out a 1k sarmple size of 9 seated.

I know a good ROI is around 20% but iv never been sure what type of S&G this was aimed at (ie: 9-18-27-45-90 or 180 seated)
    • dadude77
      dadude77
      Bronze
      Ok i did this for awhile, grinded them out, If you could do 1k of each, should be good to compare. I go more for the longer ones, although maybe a little less profitable, I find much more enjoyable, which I think is important! :)
    • dadude77
      dadude77
      Bronze
      If you're new to SnG's, take a look at this thread
    • viewer88
      viewer88
      Bronze
      9seaters are shorter, but you can play more 45seaters at the same time because you wil encounter less shorthanded situations.

btw I think 45seaters are more profitable, but you need patience and alot of time for each session.
    • viewer88
      viewer88
      Bronze
      9seaters are shorter, but you can play more 45seaters at the same time because you wil encounter less shorthanded situations.

btw I think 45seaters are more profitable, but you need patience and alot of time for each session.
    • Adzi
      Adzi
      Bronze
      I've started with 45's inspired by "boku challenge" and have really great results. It's small samplesize (~400 SNG's) but I'm satisfied.

I plan on grinding them during summer. Don't have much time right now

Edit:
      I usually play sessions with sets of 14-17 SNG's. When I finish the last one, I start a new set of 14-17, and never open more tables until I'm done with the last one of that set.

I'll try and see how will I run when playing just 10 SNG's at same time, so I could focus more on the bubble
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Adzi
      I've started with 45's inspired by "boku challenge" and have really great results. It's small samplesize (~400 SNG's) but I'm satisfied.

Edit:
      I usually play sessions with sets of 14-17 SNG's. When I finish the last one, I start a new set of 14-17, and never open more tables until I'm done with the last one of that set.

I'll try and see how will I run when playing just 10 SNG's at same time, so I could focus more on the bubble
      And which BRM?
    • Adzi
      Adzi
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Originally posted by Adzi

Edit:

And which BRM?
      I started with 100BI. I still play $3,25 even though I have more than 100 BIs for the next level.

When I will have more time to play, I'll move up