[NL20-NL50] NL20 SH AJ trips IP

• Dragar
      Known players:   

0.1/0.2 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with A:spade: , J:diamond:
      MP2 raises to $0.70, MP3 folds, Hero calls $0.70, BU folds, SB raises to $1.20, BB folds, MP2 calls $0.50, Hero calls $0.50.

Flop: ($3.80) 4:heart: , J:club: , J:heart: (3 players)
      SB bets $1.90, MP2 folds, Hero raises to $5.00, SB folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $7.60

Flat call and raise turn?
  • 3 replies
    • thebigheizung85
      yeah, i would prefer to flat call and raise the turn (or bet if checked to)... especially if you float from time to time your opponent might be used to this kind of play and you might get him to think you don't really have the jack...

of course you defend against a flush draw and 2-outers (pocket pairs) but these are very not likely enough... and since the bet could also be just a continuation bet i would flat call and hope villain bets again
    • veriz

Preflop: Once again, I don't like Calling with such hand. I'd rather prefer to raise or just fold.

As played
      Flop: You could just Call and hoping him to barrel the turn again but it's risky because when flush comes out it will be a bit harder to play your hand. So actually both plays are okey. He could easily have an OP here what will pay you off with his hand.

Best regards,
    • Kaitz20
      I´d also prefer 3-bet pf as strong hand as yours.
      I´d likely call his small lead, because don´t think he is that strong there and you´re hu, so you don´t really have to worry a lot of things. He shoudl bet pot with flushdraw.