Making a player note to overcome tilt

• nafar84
      nafar84
      Bronze
      I discovered a new technique to quickly get over a big pot you just lost that you should really have won. Just create a player note on the donk in question describing all your feelings towards him... like "hates money" or "called my 3bet OOP with 78o, donk/called flop shove with 2nd pair" or "deserves to be fed to the lions". Works wonders :)
  • 10 replies
    • luitzen
      luitzen
      Bronze
      I'm definitely going to try that:P
    • slikec
      slikec
      Global
      What makes me fell better is that i know next time he will lose and also i kinda bare ugly suckouts easier when i already had nice positive session- like yesterday i played 2,3hours NL10 SH BSS won 52$ all in EV should be 78$-lost two ugly all ins in last half and hour- TT vs 97 on 259flop hitted 7 on turn and another maniak bluff reraised me all in on turn and cought his guinshot on river(we were here 150BB deep wasnt nice ;( ;( ).

For me positive session already make me fell better. I start tilting when i lost and already lost 3stacks similar stuff same session. Than i tilt away 2 additional stacks usually before i just shut down client or cool down :D Luckly that happens max. 2 times per month ;)
    • AussieIan
      AussieIan
      Bronze
      if they're really bad, add them to your buddy list....then you can always find them when they're around and take their money, because luck is temporary
    • Mstlc
      Mstlc
      Bronze
      Originally posted by nafar84
      I discovered a new technique to quickly get over a big pot you just lost that you should really have won. Just create a player note like "hates money" "deserves to be fed to the lions"
      :tongue:

There must be some truth to this technique cause I remember going really mental about reoccurring suckouts or really ugly slowplays until I started making notes :)
    • pedromostarda
      pedromostarda
      Bronze
      That's pretty smart. I'll try it next time I lose a big pot.

Also, lmao @ should be fed to lions.

A question. OOP means out of position?
    • swissmoumout
      swissmoumout
      Bronze
      Originally posted by pedromostarda

A question. OOP means out of position?
      yep.

@topic: Try keeping that habit even when you're not tilting, it helps too ;)
    • pedromostarda
      pedromostarda
      Bronze
      Thanks man.
    • STR82ACE
      STR82ACE
      Bronze
      I make notes on them as well, but recently, I much rather have THEM make a note on me, and usually an incorrect one at that.

Ususally starts with them sucking out, and then bragging about it. I'll taunt them abit, make it look like they made the right move, maybe even vent a rage on them a bit. They'll usually say 'added you as a buddy for next time', and I know I got them. When they come looking for me next time, I'm ready for them.

One guy last week, after a set over set beat he gave me on the turn, came looking for me for 3 days, and I ended up felting him four times.

I just LOVE baiting the fish :D
    • dazito
      dazito
      Bronze
      Originally posted by nafar84
      I discovered a new technique to quickly get over a big pot you just lost that you should really have won. Just create a player note on the donk in question describing all your feelings towards him... like "hates money" or "called my 3bet OOP with 78o, donk/called flop shove with 2nd pair" or "deserves to be fed to the lions". Works wonders
      lol

i just did that and it kinda work.
      thanks man.

i guess there will be a rush of ppl doint that soon. eheh
    • StusMagic
      StusMagic
      Bronze
      hh i do same thing and when you meet him again you know that he sucked out you coz you put something like retard,idiot behind note :D