This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] AJo SB - 2nd pair

• TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $22.00
      BB:
      $33.23
      UTG1:
      $50.29

0.1/0.2 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with A:diamond: , J:heart:
      UTG1 calls $0.20, 6 folds, Hero calls $0.10, BB checks.

Flop: ($0.60) J:spade: , 3:club: , K:diamond: (3 players)
      Hero bets $0.40, BB calls $0.40, UTG1 folds.

Turn: ($1.40) 4:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BB checks.

River: ($1.40) 7:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets $1.20, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $2.60

Call river?
  • 7 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello,

Preflop: Raise it up. :)

As played
      Nice hand, well played. Nah he will very often hold a better hand there.

Best regards,
      Rensu
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello,

Preflop: Raise it up. :)

As played
      Nice hand, well played. Nah he will very often hold a better hand there.

Best regards,
      Rensu
      +1
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      I know I should raise up pf, but how do you play this hand oop vs a guy like utg1 who calls every time you cbet and bets every time you check? I find it impossible to know what he has.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TheBrood
      I know I should raise up pf, but how do you play this hand oop vs a guy like utg1 who calls every time you cbet and bets every time you check? I find it impossible to know what he has.
      He didn´t really bet turn, when you checked to him
      But I´d prefer then just bet/bet/bet for value if he is callign station a lot of tp hands. And just c/f hands that I miss.
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Kaitz20
      But I´d prefer then just bet/bet/bet for value if he is callign station a lot of tp hands. And just c/f hands that I miss.
      Im talking about if I raise pf, UTG1 calls, if I cbet, he calls. If I check he bets, etc. How do you play vs these LAG players when you miss? Thats why I dont raise pf. Also i will be oop postflop.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Im talking about if I raise pf, UTG1 calls, if I cbet, he calls. If I check he bets, etc. How do you play vs these LAG players when you miss? Thats why I dont raise pf. Also i will be oop postflop.
      Told you already, bet your good hands for value, c/f when you miss.
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      Told you already, bet your good hands for value, c/f when you miss.
      These guys will pick up the pot whenever I miss, which is like 2/3 of the time. Also they might stack me if I hit something and they hit 2pair+.

But I suppose it balances out if they call me down with worse hand than TPGK

I see regulars just call pf and stack em postflop when they hit.