This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Nl10Sh Kk vs tag

• silent21
      silent21
      Global
      Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (6 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Hero (SB) ($18.03)
      BB ($23.98)
      UTG ($2.63)
      MP ($7.08)
      CO ($9.85) 17/16 1.4 af over 200 hands, solid tag
      Button ($7.40)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K, K
      1 fold, MP calls $0.10, CO bets $0.45, 1 fold, Hero raises to $1.50, 2 folds, CO calls $1.05

Flop: ($3.20) 7, 8, K (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks

Turn: ($3.20) 9 (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.50, CO calls $2.50

River: ($8.20) J (2 players)
      Hero bets $14.03 (All-In), CO calls $5.85 (All-In)

Total pot: $19.90 | Rake: $1.32

i was somehow sure villain had AA or AK. AK calling IP is not a bad play and AA trapping IP vs me [15/11] wont be a bad play also and this is the reason i shoved river.

he showed 5d6d :(

my particular question is:

is there a way to avoid going broke here ?

- on flop i cbet and he calls and then is 9. what to do as the flop is big already

- on the flop i decide to slowplay, he checks and then turn is 9. what i do?
      b/c turn, b/f river ?
      if i cbet villain will always call me and then on the turn there is 9
  • 4 replies
    • maya1984
      maya1984
      Bronze
      When you c-bet here, you do it for value and protection.
      There isn't a better move other then c-betting the flop if he has a SD.
      In 65% he won't hit his draw.
      You flopped the nuts, a set of kings and you want to slow it down cause he might have a SD? ?( There is really no sense in it.

I'm betting 2.5$ on the flop and shoving the turn, even if he has a straight we have 10 outs.
      It's was a bad play but you should learn from it. good luck!
    • silent21
      silent21
      Global
      Hello Maya,

u dont understand my question clearly or it is possible that i didnt explain myself ok.

i dont care what villain have basically but is there is a way not to go broke on a board K789....

and of course i am always betting big when i am afraid of fd/sd just in this case i thought such cards are not in the range of this villain
    • maya1984
      maya1984
      Bronze
      Originally posted by silent21
      is there is a way not to go broke on a board K789....
      With him having 100BB, no. :)

Originally posted by silent21
      and of course i am always betting big when i am afraid of fd/sd just in this case i thought such cards are not in the range of this villain
      Does his range might include two face clubs ? It's a wet board, you really need to bet here.
      He can also call you here with TT,JJ and QQ. Really betting here is the the best option.
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      Cbet flop!!! Then you can shove turn and be happy with it. You have freaking top set in a 3bet pot man :tongue:

As to your question.. no there is absolutely no way of getting away from it