[NL2-NL10] NL4 FR SSS AQo

• BurlacuCG
      BurlacuCG
      Bronze
      $0.02/$0.04 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)

Known players:
      UTG1:
      $6.62
      UTG2(Hero):
      $1.80
      MP1:
      $2.11
      MP2:
      $4.39
      MP3:
      $3.86
      CO:
      $2.90
      BU:
      $9.77
      SB:
      $4.69
      BB:
      $1.84
      UTG:
      $6.40

Preflop: Hero is UTG2 with Q, A.
      2 folds, Hero calls $0.04, MP1 calls $0.04, 5 folds, BB checks.

Flop: ($0.14) Q, Q, T (3 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.10, MP1 calls $0.10, BB calls $0.10.

Turn: ($0.44) 2 (3 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.42, MP1 folds, BB calls $0.42.

River: ($1.28) 4 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.61, BB raises to $1.22, Hero calls $0.63(All-In), BB calls $0.02.

Final Pot: $3.76.

Results follow (highlight to see):

Hero shows three of a kind, queens (Qd Ah)
      BB shows a full-house, queens full of twos (2s Qs)
      BB wins with a full-house, queens full of twos (2s Qs).

I thought he had a Q with a weaker kicker and after I saw 2 & 4 I thought I had him beat. My mistake was not raising pre-flop and should I have played check/fold on the turn/river ?
  • 3 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      I thought he had a Q with a weaker kicker and after I saw 2 & 4 I thought I had him beat. My mistake was not raising pre-flop and should I have played check/fold on the turn/river ?
      Check/fold? With trips and ace kicker? I think not :s_o: Good betting line on flop and turn with two clubs on the board. Theres no way you can fold this hand on any street.

Nice hand, well played apart from PF call. Fold or raise.

Btw, What is the min buy in for these limits? Not sure if this qualifies as SSS here since you have 40+ BB
    • BurlacuCG
      BurlacuCG
      Bronze
      2$ is the minimum buy-in 0.02$ SB & 0.04$ BB. It was a very tight table and for some reason I called instead of folding/raising. Thanks for the reply much appreciated.
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Hi BurlacuCG,

one thing you should know is that short stack strategy can only be applied to tables where you can buy in with 20 big blinds, because if you have significantly bigger stack you cannot stick to the strategy. So, you can play SSS with 15-25 big blinds as described in the articles, otherwise it's better to just buy in with full stack and play big stack strategy or move to another limit/platform where you can buy in with 20BB.

According to strategy, AQo is a fold from early position, so you should have just folded preflop.

As played, you hit nut trips on the flop and you should protect, because the board is draw heavy, therefore just bet full potsize. On the turn there are still 2 other opponents and board still draw heavy, so bet potsize again and on the river your remaining stack would be smaller than the pot if you bet potsize twice, so you should just shove the river.

Btw, loosing against a full house is just a cooler, you simply cannot fold trips with top kicker.

...and please remove the results when you post hands, because it can affect opinion of the people who discuss your hands.

If you might have any additional question feel free to click "Advise the judge to have another look" button.

Regards,
      burek2000