Earp's ÜberMicro Blog -> 10 days Diamond party challenge

• erptech
      erptech
      Platinum
      Hi all,

I'd like to welcome you to my first ever blog, and just to say right away its going to be ultra short one, limited to only 10 days.
      In that period I will attempt to accumulate 7500 strategy points which are needed to achieve diamond status, and I will be able to attend ps.com diamond party in Hamburg. :s_cool:

Couple of reasons for this blog:

- tilt control and analysis
      - keeping you guys updated
      - gathering info and applicants for the potential trip to Hamburg (I say potential, but its happening for sure ;) )

For this purpose I chose Pacific Poker, because every $ raked gives me 4 strategy points, and their rake is one of the biggest in the industry afaik, so when I calculate everything I'll need to make about 200$ daily(hopefully 250 so i can finish in 7 days) in rake and hopefully win some money too.
      Losing money is also possible, but let's pretend its not.

Also, one big factor is that I only have 1000$ at my disposal, atm, and for this purpose; which should barely suffice for grinding NL50. Also I managed to whine out some 200$ reload bonus ($2k release requirement).

With that said, its time to get to work.
      I will update daily. Wish me luck.

Earp signing out. :s_evil:
  • 34 replies
    • Jackalof
      Jackalof
      Bronze
      Good luck fishing in the Pacific waters! :P

• Berkstajger
      Berkstajger
      Bronze
      Pacific is having some problems lately: Pacific Not Updating?

Better get informed if the updating is going to be fixed somewhat soon, cause in the worst case you may just as well end up with a huge amount of rake not getting updated on PS...
    • erptech
      erptech
      Platinum
      Well, I'm sure they will update it by the end of month...
    • TheLastNail
      TheLastNail
      Black
      Geeez.. u really left it for the 12th hour? :D well, yep, u wont be missing some motivation now ;) gl! c u in the car! :D

btw: I am not able to practice the riding skills bcs parents went for vacation for a week and I also woulnt have time, bcs am wayyyy behind my month schedule, so just grinding these days + gf i guess :P so we must start looking for other drivers I guess :D
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      who will be driving through slovenia?
    • erptech
      erptech
      Platinum
      Okay, I will count today as day 0, since I only played couple of hours.

Started off pretty bad, managed to lose 4 stacks on NL50 in 400 hands, but thats probably bcs I was finetuning HM and getting used to that super fancy software again. But in the end I managed to get it back, and also I played a 55$ MTT where I cashed 140$.

Played 4 hrs of cash NL50, 4 tables:

- 1600 hands
      - $100 raked
      - br @ $1059
      - bonus released 7%

------------------------------------------------------

Jackalof Good luck fishing in the Pacific waters!

ty man, which one is me on that picture? :D

TheLastNail Geeez.. u really left it for the 12th hour? well, yep, u wont be missing some motivation now ! c u in the car!

Haa, yea, its not fun if it is easy ;)
      Real men do it like this. (and probably lose their bankroll due to overgrinding) :s_cry:

Primzi who will be driving through slovenia?

no idea, whoever wants... :) you?
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Good luck fishing those Pacific Waters Earp ;D I have good confidence in you crushing the players there - while reaching your goal of Diamond ;)

I'll have the beers in Hamburg pre-chilled :D
    • erptech
      erptech
      Platinum
      BIG problem! According to Holdem Manager I paid $100 in rake yesterday but today, I contacted the support and they only registered $75...
      So I guess I'll have to put my goals 33% higher
    • erptech
      erptech
      Platinum
      Played only 1400 hands today, I had some stuff to attend to.

Unfortunately, it was a breakeven cash session again, and I also played $55 MTT, where I busted quite early...

so here's how I stand :

BR @ 988
      bonus releasing @ 18%
      rake paid $100
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      if anyone is driving through slovenia and needs a diamond guest i'll volunteer :) .
    • TheLastNail
      TheLastNail
      Black
      Originally posted by Primzi
      if anyone is driving through slovenia and needs a diamond guest i'll volunteer :) .
      surely, come with us! u can drive also? :) u re sure that u won't make it to diamond yourself?

u can go as my guest if u d like to..

Eptech go, go, go!!! we need u! :heart:
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TheLastNail
      Originally posted by Primzi
      surely, come with us! u can drive also? :) u re sure that u won't make it to diamond yourself?

u can go as my guest if u d like to..

Eptech go, go, go!!! we need u! :heart:
      unfortunately i can't drive and i couldn't reach diamond if i played within my BRM :( . i'd love to be your guest though, it should be fun meeting all of the english community :) .
    • erptech
      erptech
      Platinum
      OK, another not-so-productive-day-in-terms-of-rakemaking.
      I had some bank/papers stuff to do again, its for my new car that I ordered, and which will hopefully arrive until the diamond party.
      So now I finally gathered all the documents and I just wait.
      And play poker. Finally.

Here's da update -

played hands - 1265
      won money : $27.15
      rake : thats a mistery obv , but I can only guess something like $70-ish

and atm I'm playing that same tourney from yesterday, the $55 one...

68 players remaining, my position is 13th atm.
      40 is ITM, with $130 to be lowest prize.
      But I'm going for teh final table ;)

my br is @ $944 ,but tourney is yet to be cashed :f_p:
      edit: oh yea and bonus is @ 30%
      edit2: shipped $130 in the MTT; BR @ 1070

@ Primzi - welcome to our fellowship ;)
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      As much as I'd love to go, I think erptech deserves to go there more than I do (as well as he has a car), which means I'll be happy if you go instead of me as Thelastnail's guest :) . Sometimes the Slovenians can be nice to croatians too, can't they :) ?
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      Hello!

As much as I'd love to go, I think erptech deserves to go there more than I do (as well as he has a car), which means I'll be happy if you go instead of me as Thelastnail's guest :) . Sometimes us Slovenians can be nice to Croatians too, can't we :) ?

Regards,

Primzi
    • TheLastNail
      TheLastNail
      Black
      No, no, Erptech will do it, bcs he wants to take his cousin! Right, Erpy? :) so Prizmi, u can go as my guest ;)
    • erptech
      erptech
      Platinum
      Sooo...

Long time no see :P

What can I say. Friday, saturday, and too much alcohol.

Didn't play much , and there wasn't anything important to say.
      If I would have to explain what I did over last 3 days, I could say it in one sentence. Played 2 hrs daily on average, took a shot on NL100, lost 6 buyins and had to deposit more money.
      Yea thats right, I'm down $600, due to crap like this:

$0.5/$1 No Limit Holdem
      5 players
      Converted at weaktight.com

Stacks:
      UTG ($99.00)
      CO ($68.17)
      BTN ($66.92)
      SB ($99.00)
      Hero (BB) ($95.15)

Pre-flop: ($1.50, 5 players) Hero is BB 5 5
      3 folds, SB raises to $3, Hero calls $2

Flop: 6 K 5 ($6, 2 players)
      SB bets $4, Hero raises to $10, SB calls $6

Turn: J ($26, 2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $15.35, SB raises to $86, Hero calls $66.80

River: J ($194.15, 2 players)

Final Pot: $194.15
      SB shows: J K
      Hero shows: 5 5

SB wins $190.15 ( won +$91.15 )
      Hero lost -$95.15

However, all is not lost, bcs my remaining bankroll became available for deposit in the meanwhile, and now is on my acc in Pacific, the last $1800. (Well maybe not last, but hey... I always like to have something in the socks reserves :f_biggrin: )
      I expect to release additional $200 from the bonus by the end of evening.

Now, my plan is to play NL50, maybe some super juicy NL100 table when I find one, and not to TILT when the splendid Pacific Poker software decides I had enough of play. 5 times in 15 minutes. :s_confused:
      OK guys back to mission, I think I only need 5k or so more strategy points, so over next 5 days I'm gonna be really busy. :s_confused:
    • erptech
      erptech
      Platinum
      Update for yesterday and today (today is not over yet but i'm on a break);

played sad 2400 hands, winnings are $114 + released $200 from bonus

so that makes my BR to be $2250 ( -~$350 overall )

I sucked out twice today, managed to catch a 2 outer both times, and it somehow made me feel great.

Rake according to HM is $180 but I wouldn't bet my wife and house on that.

So far I think I managed to rake in something near $700, which is not so great and the chances of reaching the $2k until the end of the month are now really slim, however I still intend to play, and increase the number of hands if possible.

In the meanwhile I watched some vids about making notes and I'm taking NL100 more seriously now, and I can see some improvement.

If I by any wonder reach 3k bankroll mark by any time, I'll start multitable heavily (8 tables) NL100 until I drop back to 2.5k or reach the targeted amount.

K, I'm going back to Pacific waters now.... :f_grin:
    • erptech
      erptech
      Platinum
      today i had a really nice day

I'm playing NL100 now, and with some luck if this upswing continues I'll reach $3k, which would definitely get me back in the race for diamond...

BR @ 2650