just change to full tilt... anything i should know?

    • rraiden80
      rraiden80
      Bronze
      Joined: 03.01.2009 Posts: 1,549
      Hi guys,
      I just change from Titan to Full Tilt Poker
      Is there anything, like maybe free promotions, free entry to tournaments etc that i should be aware of? As a new player and depositor of course.
      Thanks you!
  • 25 replies
    • Paskkal29
      Paskkal29
      Bronze
      Joined: 30.09.2007 Posts: 99
      Yea,go for PokerStars insted :f_biggrin:
    • TornAces
      TornAces
      Global
      Joined: 19.05.2009 Posts: 39
      i second tht notion
    • rraiden80
      rraiden80
      Bronze
      Joined: 03.01.2009 Posts: 1,549
      guys, this is not helping...
      but thanks anyway. and, just cause is 2 of u, are there real motives?

      still i wanna find out about Full Tilt
      thanks
    • TheBu11d0g
      TheBu11d0g
      Bronze
      Joined: 25.07.2008 Posts: 2,019
      Hello rraiden80,

      As for promotions on Full Tilt you have the Iron Man promotion, as well as regular freerolls.

      You can find out all about their latest promotions by visting the News and Promos page on their website.

      Kind Regards,
      -Steve
    • Paskkal29
      Paskkal29
      Bronze
      Joined: 30.09.2007 Posts: 99
      Dont say i didnt warn you. :f_mad:
    • TornAces
      TornAces
      Global
      Joined: 19.05.2009 Posts: 39
      Dont get me wrong, FT is an excellent site.
      There are plenty of tourneys and bonuses to get involved in.... Just remember this... FT is deffo a dog eat dog world and a LOT of the players on there will have BIGGER teeth than you !!!! :D
    • rraiden80
      rraiden80
      Bronze
      Joined: 03.01.2009 Posts: 1,549
      Originally posted by TornAces
      Dont get me wrong, FT is an excellent site.
      There are plenty of tourneys and bonuses to get involved in.... Just remember this... FT is deffo a dog eat dog world and a LOT of the players on there will have BIGGER teeth than you !!!! :D
      Thank you for this imput
      I have a questions: isnt a dog eat dog everywhere?
      I saw u play on FTP and if i remember, u were saying u made 1000$ or so out of 50$. Where did u make them?
      Dont get me wrong, i belive what you are saying, but i still have to live it.
      After all, you can improve if u play with the best, right?
      Cheers
    • TornAces
      TornAces
      Global
      Joined: 19.05.2009 Posts: 39
      I recieved my starting capital from this site just under a week ago and registered with cakepoker. I have current got a BR of $1280.80 but this was purely because it was not my money and I pushed my luck and that was the ONLY reason for this. I will now stick with BRM and start with $50.00 from my equated BR and play it like it was my initial "gift".

      Now I have played on FT, Mansion, Pokerstars, Cake, Titan, Ladbrokes and most recently Uncoverpoker as my friend, who owns a poker club, has an affiliation with them and I get 40% rakeback.
      Of ALL the sites I have played FT is the hardest, by hardest I mean there are many, many players who can spot someone who is new or less experienced than them, blend in and strike !!

      I obviously do not know your level of knowledge and would obviously say that you should do what you feel comfortable doing but do listen to this and please do not take it the wrong way... If you are inexperienced, or maybe a beginner or someone who has just been on a break.... Choose either pokerstars or cake....

      IF you aint a brilliant swimmer you dont jump head first into deep water :s_o:
    • TornAces
      TornAces
      Global
      Joined: 19.05.2009 Posts: 39
      By the way, I do play on FT but only sometimes... under the name THELASTNAIL :D

      I have just switched my BR to uncover tho so may not venture there for a while, unless its for banter on the playmoney tables :rolleyes:
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Joined: 06.10.2008 Posts: 7,359
      Hi rraiden80/everyone,

      I just wanted to say that everyone likes different sites for different reasons.

      I actually like Full Tilt, its been my main site for several months now. I first started many years ago on an ipoker skin and moved to Titan a while back, but Full Tilt is much better suited to my style of play with really great promotions, tournaments etc.

      Yes, the standard of play is perhaps a lot better than on some fishier sites, but it depends what you are after. I'm not necessarily motivated by money pursay, I enjoy playing poker and being challenged by other good players etc.
      There are plenty of fish wherever you go to be honest & still loads on Full Tilt for the taking.

      Just wanted to say, each to their own, different people have different views and it's perhaps not until you've tried several platforms yourself that you will slowly realise which is the best one favoured by you.

      Oh and just keep an eye on "your promotions" page as they are often doing stuff that can help your BR etc. ;)

      Good luck & enjoy your poker,


      Bart
    • rraiden80
      rraiden80
      Bronze
      Joined: 03.01.2009 Posts: 1,549
      Originally posted by TornAces
      By the way, I do play on FT but only sometimes... under the name THELASTNAIL :D

      I have just switched my BR to uncover tho so may not venture there for a while, unless its for banter on the playmoney tables :rolleyes:
      We might play, who knows...i'm Alehin
      Thanks for your advices, i'll keep them in mind... ;)
    • rraiden80
      rraiden80
      Bronze
      Joined: 03.01.2009 Posts: 1,549
      Originally posted by EagleStar88
      Hi rraiden80/everyone,

      I just wanted to say that everyone likes different sites for different reasons.

      I actually like Full Tilt, its been my main site for several months now. I first started many years ago on an ipoker skin and moved to Titan a while back, but Full Tilt is much better suited to my style of play with really great promotions, tournaments etc.

      Yes, the standard of play is perhaps a lot better than on some fishier sites, but it depends what you are after. I'm not necessarily motivated by money pursay, I enjoy playing poker and being challenged by other good players etc.
      There are plenty of fish wherever you go to be honest & still loads on Full Tilt for the taking.

      Just wanted to say, each to their own, different people have different views and it's perhaps not until you've tried several platforms yourself that you will slowly realise which is the best one favoured by you.

      Oh and just keep an eye on "your promotions" page as they are often doing stuff that can help your BR etc. ;)

      Good luck & enjoy your poker,


      Bart
      Thanks man.
      I also belive i have to try to see how it goes.
      I played yesterday and did quite well, for the begining. So, lets see today.
      Cheers
    • SheepMoose
      SheepMoose
      Bronze
      Joined: 15.01.2009 Posts: 854
      Full tilt have a thing called happy hour, where you can earn double/triple the FTP points for an hour or more.
    • TornAces
      TornAces
      Global
      Joined: 19.05.2009 Posts: 39
      good luck with your game rraiden :)
    • Dykiller
      Dykiller
      Bronze
      Joined: 19.02.2008 Posts: 167
      Ok for my experiance I will tell you that Full Tilt do have harder competition, but in the long run, it will just make you a better player.

      Pokerstars has a bit more population and more fish, They have the best ROI on tourneys (imo) and the best satellite.

      Full tilt you pretty much cant use your FTP point or it affect your rake, tourney are good.

      But in my book, Full Tilt Rakeback is what makes all the differance, It can make your losing weeks into winning ones.

      Oh yeah, and Full tilt action goes way faster, so if you do 6 table at stars, then 6 tables at FTP will move way faster.

      my 2 cents.

      (sry english is not my primary language)
    • rraiden80
      rraiden80
      Bronze
      Joined: 03.01.2009 Posts: 1,549
      Originally posted by Dykiller
      Ok for my experiance I will tell you that Full Tilt do have harder competition, but in the long run, it will just make you a better player.

      Pokerstars has a bit more population and more fish, They have the best ROI on tourneys (imo) and the best satellite.

      Full tilt you pretty much cant use your FTP point or it affect your rake, tourney are good.

      But in my book, Full Tilt Rakeback is what makes all the differance, It can make your losing weeks into winning ones.

      Oh yeah, and Full tilt action goes way faster, so if you do 6 table at stars, then 6 tables at FTP will move way faster.

      my 2 cents.

      (sry english is not my primary language)
      hi and thank you for your time and details
      about rakeback, i play NL10 (0.05/0.10) for the moment, how much is the value for this limit? % of course...
      and, i dont play 6 table, but on 9 the actions is pretty fast too. comparing with titan, i didnt play pstars or other sites.
      thank you again
    • rraiden80
      rraiden80
      Bronze
      Joined: 03.01.2009 Posts: 1,549
      Originally posted by SheepMoose
      Full tilt have a thing called happy hour, where you can earn double/triple the FTP points for an hour or more.
      hi and thank you
      i saw this, but it's like 3 or 4 AM, my time, when this happens, so it's kind of hard to get it. this happens in different hours or is the same hour?
      thank you
    • SheepMoose
      SheepMoose
      Bronze
      Joined: 15.01.2009 Posts: 854
      Originally posted by rraiden80
      Originally posted by SheepMoose
      Full tilt have a thing called happy hour, where you can earn double/triple the FTP points for an hour or more.
      hi and thank you
      i saw this, but it's like 3 or 4 AM, my time, when this happens, so it's kind of hard to get it. this happens in different hours or is the same hour?
      thank you
      They may have it at different times but I have only seen it at 12pm my time. I don't go onto fulltilt too much though.
    • LuborC
      LuborC
      Bronze
      Joined: 20.04.2008 Posts: 1,243
      There a few different happy hours. 3x happy hour is around 2 am GMT, then there is 2x happy hour around noon and then there is ring games happy hour but I don't even know when that is... The happy hours are pretty much useless for us though. Spending points affects your rakeback so it doesn't really matter how many you have that much..
      And the rakeback is 27%..
    • 1
    • 2