[NL2-NL10] NL5 SH: str8 lay down

• rubysilesia
      rubysilesia
      Silver
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)
      BU:
      $6,76
      SB:
      $2,40
      MP3:
      $6,28
      Hero:
      $7,95
      CO:
      $3,57

0,02/0,04 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q:spade: , A:spade:
      MP3 folds, CO calls $0,04, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0,16, CO calls $0,12.

Flop: ($0,34) 3:heart: , K:heart: , K:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0,20, CO calls $0,20.

Turn: ($0,74) J:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks.

River: ($0,74) T:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0,35, CO raises to $3,21 (All-In), Hero folds.

Final Pot: $4,30

I can beat some hands but something wasn't right. Is folding ok here?
  • 6 replies
    • jupiterthegreat999
      jupiterthegreat999
      Bronze
      I would have instant called personally. he might have made a straight too. he called a bet on flop and checked on the river is probably an indication that he too was drawing and he could have been drawing on the idiot end of the straight and you could well had him beat. I would have called personally.
      unless he was slowplaying a monster, but why would he shove with a monster? surely he wants to extract value with monsters and shoves would probably force you to fold.

so i just have a feeling he is trying to make you fold here. He could even have trip Kings and tried to slowplay and desperately shoved when he saw his hand beat?

and stats would be helpful
    • rubysilesia
      rubysilesia
      Silver
      I didn't invest much in this pot. There are 3 hearts the board is paired and I thought he would raise on the flop or bet the turn in case of trips. I was putting him on a flush or FH at that time. This is a slowplayed flush imo.
    • jupiterthegreat999
      jupiterthegreat999
      Bronze
      but why did he push? 3 dollar into a 70 cent pot. If he had a full house surely he wants to value bet, whereas shove forces out weaker hands?
    • kingdippy2008
      kingdippy2008
      Bronze
      Hi,

Preflop: i would raise to $0.20 to get more value - 4bb + 1bb for each limper.
      Flop: Relatively good board to cbet. Maybe cbet $0.24 but $0.20 is fine imo

Turn: After him calling, and the flush hitting the board, i would probs give up on the hand and just check/fold

River: We hit a straight which is good. I would lead out, but lead out more. You bet less than half pot so we dont maximize value so bet so bet more like $0.50. After his check/raise all in, we are put in a tough spot. I think him checking behind on the river indicates he wont have the flush very often or a full house, because he would bet that. Its very likely that he could be making some weird slow play with the flush, maybe trips (although we beat trips) We beat Q9s as well which, without stats is a very likely hand of villian.

For all these reasons i would call the river, but its quite close imo. If you had reads though, you could possibly think about folding :)

-Jack
    • silent21
      silent21
      Global
      Originally posted by jupiterthegreat999
      but why did he push? 3 dollar into a 70 cent pot. If he had a full house surely he wants to value bet, whereas shove forces out weaker hands?
      i tend to disagree

NL10SH A4s

this is how an average player on NL10 plays when he have the absolut nuts.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello,

While we haven't invested much into the pot I would more likely just Bet/Fold on river and not take the variance and risk with my money. He is having the nuts very often there, so FH.

Best regards,
      Rensu