Thinking about buying software, HEM or PT3?

• PetterG2
      PetterG2
      Bronze
      Like topic.

I play mostly MTT SNGs and need a software to keep track of winnings etc. I also play cash every ones in a while. I've heard alot about both softwares and from what I've heard HEM is best for my use. I know there's a 60 day trial for both of them, but I used it up long time ago, so it's kind of hard to test again :s_cry: Please share experience here :)

(sorry if this topic has been up before)
  • 17 replies
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      They both do what you need.

I chose PT3 because it runs much faster and doesn't have an outdated looking interface.

Since you've already tested them both you probably already have an idea which one you liked better. Just go buy it. It's very likely sometime in your poker career you will have to buy another one.

(I have full licenses for PT2, HEM, and PT3 ... it's just the way of the poker world.)
    • LuborC
      LuborC
      Bronze
      I used my PT3 trial and then I somehow got another one when I got a new computer. You might get a second one, too, if you also got a new computer in the meantime..
    • travoltaJOHNy
      travoltaJOHNy
      Bronze
      I recommend HEM :)
    • kingdippy2008
      kingdippy2008
      Bronze
      Originally posted by travoltaJOHNy
      +1

And most people i know who use stats for a living use HEM
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      ,I really don't see a difference between PT3 and HEM for tourney play. I bought HEM for omaha :s_cool:
    • yaqbpl
      yaqbpl
      Bronze
      Originally posted by kingdippy2008
      Originally posted by travoltaJOHNy
      +1

And most people i know who use stats for a living use HEM
      why?
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      Originally posted by yaqbpl
      why?
      Probably the same reason why I don't know anyone who seriously uses HEM. All my poker friends either use PT2 or PT3.
    • bah22
      bah22
      Coach
      Coach
      Hi guys,
      I have a question! I am thinking to buy HEM but since i play on 2 PCs i want to know how many PCs u can use it on? I play SNG and MTTs and there are 2 type of HEM(hem professional and hem low stakes). Does anyone knows the difference?
    • VirtuaGod
      VirtuaGod
      Bronze
      ou can use HEM for 2 computers in a shared database.

HEM Small Stakes: Small Stakes version works up to .25/.50 No Limit, .50/1.00 Limit and up to $22 buy-in tournaments

You can get it for like 33 euros in the pokerstrategy deutsch shop!!
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      HEM vs PT3? been thinking about this question a lot also.
      been searching around the internet as well and i've gotten no real satisfactory answer. but i figure, going with either one isnt going to be a really big mistake. btw, some sites give the license for free (with some play through requirements of course). kind of like instead of rakeback... you might want to have a look at that, at least, its no money out.
    • SheepMoose
      SheepMoose
      Bronze
      I recommend HEM. I tried PT3 and HEM with the trials, I tried a lot of stuff, and felt like maybe PS elephant was the way to go.

Then one day I said fuck it, I went and purchased a copy of HEM, and I haven't looked back.

I don't get the people saying HEM has an outdated/ugly interface, I think it looks quite good. It runs very well on my computer. The HUD is easy to customise and change (you only have to right click and drag the stats into position), where as from what I have heard it can take weeks to setup a custom HUD on PT3.

HEM supports tourneys, cash games, and Omaha for a small price. I'd highly recommend it to players of all types.
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      Originally posted by SheepMoose
      The HUD is easy to customise and change (you only have to right click and drag the stats into position), where as from what I have heard it can take weeks to setup a custom HUD on PT3.
      How much did they pay you say that?! It's the exact same on PT3. You just click and drag the stats into position.

Maybe you were thinking about custom statistics? (A feature HEM doesn't even have ...)
    • SheepMoose
      SheepMoose
      Bronze
      I didn't get paid to express fondness in one program or another. I just stated what I have heard some members over at 2+2 say about each program.

Sorry if you're butthurt from me not liking your beloved program, but..

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/opinion

HEM does have customisable stats for the HUD, including donk bet, fold to donk bet, check raise, etc..

Both programs have exactly the same features, except for HEM's table scanner which is still in BETA.
      You can defend pokertracker 3 all you want, but my opinion (which is valid, being my opinion) stands. I like HEM better because it's faster and slightly cheaper, and for an extra price; supports omaha.

But hey, an opinions an opinion.
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      HEM does have customisable stats for the HUD, including donk bet, fold to donk bet, check raise, etc..
      I'm not talking about customizing existing stats. I'm talking about building new ones that haven't been provided out-of-the-box.

You can defend pokertracker 3 all you want, but my opinion (which is valid, being my opinion) stands.
      I own both although I don't use HEM on a daily basis anymore.

As an owner of both I was only expressing the opinion that they both allow you get to a HUD up and running easily and the default HUDs are great starting points for customizing your own.

I'm sure you could spend weeks tweaking either HUD.
    • strat9
      strat9
      Bronze
      I am also a person who is running bot (trial versions) and Elephant. Each software has its own advantages and actually compliment each other very well.

I have been writing a lot and trying to figure out how to best run the whole software situation and am probably going to use all 3.

To sum it up so far: If I had to drop one of them, it would probably be PT3, but if I could only choose one, it would also be PT3 - if that makes any sense.

Also, if anyone knows how updates for each software works, this would be a big help. Obviously Elephant provides sporadic and free updates, but for PT3 and HM, do you have to purchase new versions with each software upgrade or can you download them for free if you have already purchased the license?
    • katsim
      katsim
      Basic
      PT3 have a problem with tournaments at least with
      pokerstars you have to import results in every tour
      manualy or by mail and it sucks

so use HEM
    • netsrak
      netsrak
      Gold
      HM has the same with Stars tourneys. Its not a problem of the tracker software. Its because Stars doesn't write the necessary tourney information into the handhistory files.

So this is not a point for HM. Look at both trial versions and then buy Holdemmanager :D