smokers' lounge

• mishuq
      mishuq
      Bronze
      Hey !!

a bit from curiosity, a bit more from boredom I thought it would be interesting to create this thread and see if we can have some fun.

I'll just place 3 points here but feel free to add any fun/interesting stuff in case you're taking a chill out break between sessions / card dead, but not whiling to shut down your PC yet / bored as hell, but sick of clicking 'refresh' on the new posts page of the forum...

1 - what cigarettes / cigars do you smoke and how much do they cost ?

2 - when is the perfect time to light one and enjoy it to the max ?

3 - if you can, share with us an awkward or embarrassing moment you had and which included smoking

:s_biggrin:
  • 42 replies
    • mishuq
      mishuq
      Bronze
      oh and I'll start first to give you the possibility to read this, make fun of me and never reply :D

1 - Dunhill fine cut (the dark blue one) which is about 1.90 euros and sometimes Pall Mall blue ~ 1.60 eu

2 - there are lots of'em but I'll put here "in the first 5 min break after reaching the final table of an MTT" so we won't deviate completely from poker :P

3 - I remember I was at a traffic light. it was red and I stopped next to a Smart with 2 hot chicks who were looking up at me (I drive a tucson). I enjoyed the view as well as my last puff from my cigarette then I decided to throw it like a no look pass through the right side window. I did. It wasn't open.
    • delete461
      delete461
      Bronze
      1. Port Royal roll your owns, here in New Zealand they cost shitloads.

2. Anytime

3. While extremely drunk one night I dropped my smoke, picked it up, forgot that it was already lit, put the lit end in my mouth and tried to light the filter.
    • viewer88
      viewer88
      Bronze
      1) Belgam 20 (roll 'm myself) or Van Nelle (not the heavy version)

2) first one when I get up... goosebumps all over. Damn addiction ^^

3) I used to smoke in my room hanging out my window (my parents coulden't know because they would be pissed :tongue: ). Ofcourse it did not take them long to find out, they knew I smoked and knew I smoked in my room. It was kind of a "taboo topic": we never really talked about it.

Finaly they got tired of the constant cigarette-stink in my room and told me to go outside for smoking. This was a shock to me, normally we don't talk about stuff at home :tongue:

Now this was during a period where I smoked alot of weed, and I figured mom and dad would still be emberassed about the whole thing first few days. So I rolled me a sticky (little joint) and went outside and lit it in the garage.
      However, my dad apparently decided to get the whole "emberasment" thing over with as quick as possible: he came outside for a cigarette himself and went to the garage aswell.

At this point I'm freaking out completely.
      First "cigarette", first time they don't bitch about it, my dad stands right next to me and I'm stinking up the whole garage with weed smell.

I played it cool, smoked it, chatted a little, dumped it and went inside while my dad finished his cigarette.

He never said a thing about it. Perhaps he did not recognize the smell (which is strange, it was pseudo-indoor and the smell was super obvious), perhaps he recognised the smell but didn't think I was stupid enough to make my first "legal" smoke a joint. Anyway he wasn't 100% sure, now we have another taboo topic :tongue:
    • p0kerQT
      p0kerQT
      Bronze
      1) Weekends cheapo Sterlings/When I'm skint golden virginia roll ups with menthol filters.

2) Definitely first fag of the day (gotta have 2 to wake me up) also after long bus journeys, or if I'm at my boyfs parents playin poker during the breaks coz I can't smoke in the house. Basically ALL the time lol.

3) Few times I lit the cig filter side when drunk, once I lit a stick of filters thinkin it was a roll up ^^
    • travoltaJOHNy
      travoltaJOHNy
      Bronze
      Have a nice watch http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YjrkBYDDQM :s_biggrin:
    • Kimber88
      Kimber88
      Bronze
      Originally posted by travoltaJOHNy
      Seriously dude. as much as I think smoking is bad.. But really.. I was just about to eat :D

PokerQT: You're British, right? How can you afford smokes? Aren't they really expensive over there?
    • p0kerQT
      p0kerQT
      Bronze
      yeh thats nasty :( I already know smokin is bad for me.

And yeh kimber I'm british, it costs around £5 (~$8.20usd) for an average pack of 20, thats why I smoke roll ups during the week!
    • MrPavlos
      MrPavlos
      Global
      1. Prince medium ,cost 3.20e

2. Propably perfect time is right after sex :]

3. I am drunk at a bar,totally wasted,smoking a cig.Goergous girl walks in and sits with 2 other girls close to me.I light up a new smoke and go to talk to her.
      I say hello and i ask her a smoke(am holding one in my hand already and have forgoten about it)she sees i have one and laughs,i laugh too saying i am a bit drunk.We start chatting and she asks me to light her up,while she turns her head to get her smokes out of her purse,i dunno why,somehow light up some of her hair.Ofc she started screaming so i take a beer and empty it on her head.She is looking at me with a spark in the eye like she is thinking of ways to kill me,i apologize and start walking away,get out of the bar.As soon as i walked out i couldnt stop laughing though :f_biggrin:
    • mishuq
      mishuq
      Bronze
      Originally posted by MrPavlos
      i dunno why,somehow light up some of her hair.Ofc she started screaming so i take a beer and empty it on her head
      just sick
    • Cakara
      Cakara
      Black
      1. Monte Carlo 100s red (0,9e)
      2. After meals or at break at work when I smoke 3 cigarettes in like 10min
      3. I once waited for bus and totally forgot I was smoking cigar so bus comes i'm coming in and driver is watching me and i'm like what? and he says boy throw away your cigarette
    • Berkstajger
      Berkstajger
      Bronze
      1. Marlboro Lights, 2.80€

2. Warm summer day at 17.00 in a beer, with no worries and my favourite beer infront of me. A slightly better can get only if you take the scene to seaside with nice house beats in back. Seco

3. Embarrasing? Can't remember anything specific. I guess I've always been careful enough type of smoker. :)
    • nafar84
      nafar84
      Bronze
      Originally posted by travoltaJOHNy
      Is having our own little lounge where we don't bother anybody too much to ask for nowadays? Please spam somewhere else!

Here's a little something more appropriate:
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      I'm going to post this because I love you guys:

If you don't quit smoking even though you know its bad for you, its because you guys are weak!

sorry, but I really want you to quit lol (I quit)
    • mishuq
      mishuq
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TheBrood
      I'm going to post this because I love you guys:

If you don't quit smoking even though you know its bad for you, its because you guys are weak!

sorry, but I really want you to quit lol (I quit)
      can we please keep this serious ? :P
    • delete461
      delete461
      Bronze
      Originally posted by MrPavlos
      1. Prince medium ,cost 3.20e

2. Propably perfect time is right after sex :]

3. I am drunk at a bar,totally wasted,smoking a cig.Goergous girl walks in and sits with 2 other girls close to me.I light up a new smoke and go to talk to her.
      I say hello and i ask her a smoke(am holding one in my hand already and have forgoten about it)she sees i have one and laughs,i laugh too saying i am a bit drunk.We start chatting and she asks me to light her up,while she turns her head to get her smokes out of her purse,i dunno why,somehow light up some of her hair.Ofc she started screaming so i take a beer and empty it on her head.She is looking at me with a spark in the eye like she is thinking of ways to kill me,i apologize and start walking away,get out of the bar.As soon as i walked out i couldnt stop laughing though :f_biggrin:
      you obviously werent going to get anywhere with this girl so why waste your beer? Just drink it and walk away innocently.
    • MrPavlos
      MrPavlos
      Global
      you obviously werent going to get anywhere with this girl so why waste your beer? Just drink it and walk away innocently.

It wasnt my beer :f_biggrin:
    • drawback
      drawback
      Bronze
      I'm going to post this because I love you guys: If you don't quit smoking even though you know its bad for you, its because you guys are weak! sorry, but I really want you to quit lol (I quit)

breathing could also be considered as bad for everyone. What's good then? U may take the next step and die, what then? U could feel sorry, u hadn't lived like u wanted it, but just the opposite - as told u by some teachers, parents or smb. else.
      I don't see a reason why i should stop doing it for example. There's no point to forbid yourself the good chill moments in life.

I like to smoke, because there are so many moments when to do it and they all are different.
      1) When drinking
      2) After sex
      3) Morning cig.
      4) Evening cig.
      5) Coffee + cig.
      6) Smoking with some friends at brake times.
      there are many more and each one of them is different!
      :)
      Love this topic btw. Couldn't stop laughing @ the 2nd post ;)
    • timukasr
      timukasr
      Bronze
      Only smoking when I'm really drunk, because then it actually feels good.
    • SheepMoose
      SheepMoose
      Bronze
      Hey you lot!

No smonking, ya hear?