This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Quiz Of The Week: Gold Graduation Exam

• 4 replies
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      Interesting quiz. Only 15 points this time. :/

Question 1:
      "I hardly have any fold equity and the raise doesn't really make things cheaper for me either, as the odds of 1:11 are the same as the probability of the gutshot - the raise can't be more than break-even here."

-2 points

I don't understand that sentece. I made no sense for me so I choosed the wrong answer here.

Question 2:
      "The aggressor could fold better hands like pocket pairs or A-highs." A-high on such a draheavy flop? Never.

-2 points

"Moreovere, my 8-8.5 discounted outs equate to about 33% equity and a raise would already be break-even in itself."

I don't understand that as well. Is this somehow described somewhere? (Or with other words?)

Question 5:

-1 point

Good point. :)
    • awishformore
      awishformore
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ciRith
      Question 1:
      "I hardly have any fold equity and the raise doesn't really make things cheaper for me either, as the odds of 1:11 are the same as the probability of the gutshot - the raise can't be more than break-even here."
      It means that a free card raise doesn't save you any money here, and as the odds for a raise are 1:11, which is the same as the probability of the gutshot hitting, so the raise itself can only be break-even. Now, I'm not the Fixed Limit expert, so I don't know exactly what the author means with the odds for a raise - but that's what it says ;) .

"Moreovere, my 8-8.5 discounted outs equate to about 33% equity and a raise would already be break-even in itself."
      I guess it's the same issue as the other one. What does the other mean with odds for a raise or equity for a raise? I suppose it's something FL related, so I can't really help you out :D .
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      Hmm I never heard of that. :/
      mean I raise and pay 1 SB more instead of 1 BB on the turn.
      Ahh maybe it's you get 11:1 to hit on the turn so you hit the gutshot "too" often. I think I got it.
      Now I just need the article for it as this might be a leak in my game. :D
    • awishformore
      awishformore
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ciRith
      Hmm I never heard of that. :/
      mean I raise and pay 1 SB more instead of 1 BB on the turn.
      Ahh maybe it's you get 11:1 to hit on the turn so you hit the gutshot "too" often. I think I got it.
      Now I just need the article for it as this might be a leak in my game. :D
      Glad the quiz might be able to help you improve your game :)