Quiz Of The Week: Gold Graduation Exam

• 4 replies
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      Interesting quiz. Only 15 points this time. :/

Question 1:
      "I hardly have any fold equity and the raise doesn't really make things cheaper for me either, as the odds of 1:11 are the same as the probability of the gutshot - the raise can't be more than break-even here."

-2 points

I don't understand that sentece. I made no sense for me so I choosed the wrong answer here.

Question 2:
      "The aggressor could fold better hands like pocket pairs or A-highs." A-high on such a draheavy flop? Never.

-2 points

"Moreovere, my 8-8.5 discounted outs equate to about 33% equity and a raise would already be break-even in itself."

I don't understand that as well. Is this somehow described somewhere? (Or with other words?)

Question 5:

-1 point

Good point. :)
    • awishformore
      awishformore
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ciRith
      Question 1:
      "I hardly have any fold equity and the raise doesn't really make things cheaper for me either, as the odds of 1:11 are the same as the probability of the gutshot - the raise can't be more than break-even here."
      It means that a free card raise doesn't save you any money here, and as the odds for a raise are 1:11, which is the same as the probability of the gutshot hitting, so the raise itself can only be break-even. Now, I'm not the Fixed Limit expert, so I don't know exactly what the author means with the odds for a raise - but that's what it says ;) .

"Moreovere, my 8-8.5 discounted outs equate to about 33% equity and a raise would already be break-even in itself."
      I guess it's the same issue as the other one. What does the other mean with odds for a raise or equity for a raise? I suppose it's something FL related, so I can't really help you out :D .
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      Hmm I never heard of that. :/
      mean I raise and pay 1 SB more instead of 1 BB on the turn.
      Ahh maybe it's you get 11:1 to hit on the turn so you hit the gutshot "too" often. I think I got it.
      Now I just need the article for it as this might be a leak in my game. :D
    • awishformore
      awishformore
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ciRith
      Hmm I never heard of that. :/
      mean I raise and pay 1 SB more instead of 1 BB on the turn.
      Ahh maybe it's you get 11:1 to hit on the turn so you hit the gutshot "too" often. I think I got it.
      Now I just need the article for it as this might be a leak in my game. :D
      Glad the quiz might be able to help you improve your game :)