Advice on choosing the platform

• dirtttttt
      Hello everyone,

I just created an account and need some advice. Initially i wanted to register at pokerstars but i already have an account there. So i thought FullTilt would be good... but i made some research and some say that the rake is very big there... others say that the rake has been modified from 10 % to 6%. And another thing... i also heard that the minimum limit is NL 10 ( 0.05/0.10 if i am not mistaking). Is this true?? I want a platform with lots of online cash players so that i can choose the best table, that's why i was thinking about fulltilt, being the second largest poker platform and all....

Feel free to post your opinions about other poker platforms...

Best regards,

• 3 replies
    • kamojett
      Although I'm not the best to answer this, I really like Titan Poker, though hopefully you'll get some answers from a few more experienced members. While playing on Titan at micro limits I found that there was always lots of tables to choose from whether you wanted to play SnGs, NL or limit. Do not choose Pacific Poker. I did start a thread about top ten favorite poker rooms that might be a little helpful.
    • kingdippy2008
      Hi dirtttttttt,

First welcome to pokerstrategy!

Full Tilt has recently changed its rake on the lower limits to 6.6% or something like that - slightly above the normal 5% but you would get rake back that covers this.

Also Full Tilt used to have just 0.05/0.10 NL10 but recently the added 0.01/0.02 NL2 and 0.02/0.05 NL5 tables.

If you are looking for a platform with most traffic and pokerstars is out of the equation, the i think Full Tilt poker would be the way to go. It also has by far nicer software than Titan ;)

If you want some more information then i think you should go here: as this gives you some info about the poker rooms.

Best Wishes,

• morris979
      Agree with the full tilt software being very good but if you are on european time and can tolerate the less than fantastic software then I'd recommend Everest.

The main reason for this is that it is so full of fish and certainly on NL there's rarely a shortage of tables.