9-handed vs. 10-handed

• Berzerger
      Berzerger
      Bronze
      I noticed some platforms changing their FR tables to a maximum of 9 players instead of 10. Is there a reason for that, does it impact FR players and if so, positively or negatively? I personally liked 10max tables better, now I pay the blinds to see 9 hands instead of 10. And if 2 players leave or sit out, the game practically becomes shorthanded.

This has happened on Party and Cake, possibly some others. I'm just wondering why they're changing the tables...
  • 17 replies
    • delete461
      delete461
      Bronze
      $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    • wowadvisor
      wowadvisor
      Bronze
      well i never played on 9 handed tables before but partypoker just changed all no limit FR tables to 9 handed. what i noticed is that...

:diamond: the tables loosen up a lot! the average VPIP of the tables increased.. which means more bad players :f_biggrin:

:diamond: also stealing is now done from MP3 :f_eek:

:diamond: table selection is kinda more difficult because as you said.. if 2 people are sitout then the table practically becomes shorthanded :f_cry:

partypoker changed their FR tables to 9handed because everybody else is doing it .. fulltilt..pokerstars.. cake and god knows who else is next!

9handed tables = faster games = more rake for them

for us its more hands played per hour = more partypoints = more bonus

:s_cool:
    • MrJohnAce
      MrJohnAce
      Bronze
      I don't mind it being changed to 9-handed, but how does one adjust Elephant to still work correctly with 9 handed games?

Just a setting or should we wait for an update to fix this?
    • wowadvisor
      wowadvisor
      Bronze
      my hold em manager HUD also does not work at the moment (i have to manually right click every tables HUD and select 9 handed) because .... partypoker's handhistory does not say its 9handed... all hud programs take all info from handhistory / chatbox... and so hud programs think all tables are still 10handed!

hopefully party will update this soon and then people can update hold em manager and elephant :s_biggrin:
    • MrJohnAce
      MrJohnAce
      Bronze
      ...there is an update for Elephant...

http://elephant.pokerstrategy.com/Hotfix_-_HUD_on_Edu_Deep_Speed_HU-tables_for_FTP_and_PP
    • wowadvisor
      wowadvisor
      Bronze
      great.. and hold em manager isnt updated yet :s_evil:
      edit: its updated :f_love:
    • Kruppe
      Kruppe
      Black
      Originally posted by wowadvisor

:diamond: also stealing is now done from MP3

what does that even mean?
    • kingdippy2008
      kingdippy2008
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Kruppe

:diamond: also stealing is now done from MP3

what does that even mean?
      lol i think he means that BU is taken out but really its UTG which means MP3 goes forward one position.

tbh i dont really see much difference in 9 or 10 handed tables. Maybe you have to play like 2% VPIP looser :/

-Jack
    • wowadvisor
      wowadvisor
      Bronze
      i mean that people steal from mp3 now as well! :f_cool: ! they really do :f_p:
    • Kruppe
      Kruppe
      Black
      i mean that people steal from mp3 now as well! :f_cool: ! they really do :f_p:
      what do you mean by that?what's the difference between a normal raise and a steal?
    • wowadvisor
      wowadvisor
      Bronze
      lol ? ur the diamond! you should tell me!! :f_biggrin:

well to be honest i dont know.. a steal is just to take the blinds.. and fold to a reraise i guess im only silver!! PLZ :f_frown:
    • Kruppe
      Kruppe
      Black
      lol ? ur the diamond! you should tell me!! :f_biggrin:

well to be honest i dont know.. a steal is just to take the blinds.. and fold to a reraise i guess im only silver!! PLZ :f_frown:
      hehe :) i was trying to understand how you were using the words, because what you said seemed strange to me.

you never raise a hand just to steal blinds, as even the worst hand has a certain amount of equity, and can hit flops. if stealing meant raising just to get the blinds, that would mean stealing 32o would be just as good as stealing Q8o ;)

basically what i'm getting at is that there's no real boundary between hands that you openraise and hands that you steal.
    • wowadvisor
      wowadvisor
      Bronze
      ah right . with hem i can see if people fold to a blindsteal, if its over 80% then i can steal with any 2 cards! even 23o ! :s_love:
    • Kruppe
      Kruppe
      Black
      ah right . with hem i can see if people fold to a blindsteal, if its over 80% then i can steal with any 2 cards! even 23o ! :s_love:
      depends on how many people are left to act behind you. and then you can only do that until people adjust/notice what you'Re doing
    • wowadvisor
      wowadvisor
      Bronze
      its working for me so im happy! and i turned gold! :s_o: yaaaaay
    • lennonac
      lennonac
      Global
      wow is correct if they fold to steels i.e button 80% or more you should steel 100% of hands untill they adjust
    • wowadvisor
      wowadvisor
      Bronze
      i agree :) its +ev and will make money in the longterm :)

well it does for me anyway!! im running hotttttttttt atm :f_p: