This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

9-handed vs. 10-handed

• Berzerger
      Berzerger
      Bronze
      I noticed some platforms changing their FR tables to a maximum of 9 players instead of 10. Is there a reason for that, does it impact FR players and if so, positively or negatively? I personally liked 10max tables better, now I pay the blinds to see 9 hands instead of 10. And if 2 players leave or sit out, the game practically becomes shorthanded.

This has happened on Party and Cake, possibly some others. I'm just wondering why they're changing the tables...
  • 17 replies
    • delete461
      delete461
      Bronze
      $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    • wowadvisor
      wowadvisor
      Bronze
      well i never played on 9 handed tables before but partypoker just changed all no limit FR tables to 9 handed. what i noticed is that...

:diamond: the tables loosen up a lot! the average VPIP of the tables increased.. which means more bad players :f_biggrin:

:diamond: also stealing is now done from MP3 :f_eek:

:diamond: table selection is kinda more difficult because as you said.. if 2 people are sitout then the table practically becomes shorthanded :f_cry:

partypoker changed their FR tables to 9handed because everybody else is doing it .. fulltilt..pokerstars.. cake and god knows who else is next!

9handed tables = faster games = more rake for them

for us its more hands played per hour = more partypoints = more bonus

:s_cool:
    • MrJohnAce
      MrJohnAce
      Bronze
      I don't mind it being changed to 9-handed, but how does one adjust Elephant to still work correctly with 9 handed games?

Just a setting or should we wait for an update to fix this?
    • wowadvisor
      wowadvisor
      Bronze
      my hold em manager HUD also does not work at the moment (i have to manually right click every tables HUD and select 9 handed) because .... partypoker's handhistory does not say its 9handed... all hud programs take all info from handhistory / chatbox... and so hud programs think all tables are still 10handed!

hopefully party will update this soon and then people can update hold em manager and elephant :s_biggrin:
    • MrJohnAce
      MrJohnAce
      Bronze
      ...there is an update for Elephant...

http://elephant.pokerstrategy.com/Hotfix_-_HUD_on_Edu_Deep_Speed_HU-tables_for_FTP_and_PP
    • wowadvisor
      wowadvisor
      Bronze
      great.. and hold em manager isnt updated yet :s_evil:
      edit: its updated :f_love:
    • Kruppe
      Kruppe
      Black
      Originally posted by wowadvisor

:diamond: also stealing is now done from MP3

what does that even mean?
    • kingdippy2008
      kingdippy2008
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Kruppe

:diamond: also stealing is now done from MP3

what does that even mean?
      lol i think he means that BU is taken out but really its UTG which means MP3 goes forward one position.

tbh i dont really see much difference in 9 or 10 handed tables. Maybe you have to play like 2% VPIP looser :/

-Jack
    • wowadvisor
      wowadvisor
      Bronze
      i mean that people steal from mp3 now as well! :f_cool: ! they really do :f_p:
    • Kruppe
      Kruppe
      Black
      i mean that people steal from mp3 now as well! :f_cool: ! they really do :f_p:
      what do you mean by that?what's the difference between a normal raise and a steal?
    • wowadvisor
      wowadvisor
      Bronze
      lol ? ur the diamond! you should tell me!! :f_biggrin:

well to be honest i dont know.. a steal is just to take the blinds.. and fold to a reraise i guess im only silver!! PLZ :f_frown:
    • Kruppe
      Kruppe
      Black
      lol ? ur the diamond! you should tell me!! :f_biggrin:

well to be honest i dont know.. a steal is just to take the blinds.. and fold to a reraise i guess im only silver!! PLZ :f_frown:
      hehe :) i was trying to understand how you were using the words, because what you said seemed strange to me.

you never raise a hand just to steal blinds, as even the worst hand has a certain amount of equity, and can hit flops. if stealing meant raising just to get the blinds, that would mean stealing 32o would be just as good as stealing Q8o ;)

basically what i'm getting at is that there's no real boundary between hands that you openraise and hands that you steal.
    • wowadvisor
      wowadvisor
      Bronze
      ah right . with hem i can see if people fold to a blindsteal, if its over 80% then i can steal with any 2 cards! even 23o ! :s_love:
    • Kruppe
      Kruppe
      Black
      ah right . with hem i can see if people fold to a blindsteal, if its over 80% then i can steal with any 2 cards! even 23o ! :s_love:
      depends on how many people are left to act behind you. and then you can only do that until people adjust/notice what you'Re doing
    • wowadvisor
      wowadvisor
      Bronze
      its working for me so im happy! and i turned gold! :s_o: yaaaaay
    • lennonac
      lennonac
      Global
      wow is correct if they fold to steels i.e button 80% or more you should steel 100% of hands untill they adjust
    • wowadvisor
      wowadvisor
      Bronze
      i agree :) its +ev and will make money in the longterm :)

well it does for me anyway!! im running hotttttttttt atm :f_p: