Quiz Of The Week: Aces In Multi-way Pots

• awishformore
      awishformore
      Bronze
      Hello fellow strategists!

The aces are the best possible starting hand, and yet a lot of players have a hard time playing it right - it's hard to let go of such a monster, but there are simply moments when you have to accept defeat.

Do you know when enough is enough? Or are you one of the players who just keeps hanging on to the Rockets? Maybe you even fold too much because you're scared to stack off?

Check where you're at in our latest edition of the quiz of the week:

Was it fun? Do you disagree with a solution? How many points did you achieve?

Let us know what you think about the quiz!
  • 11 replies
    • JuiceQuadre
      JuiceQuadre
      Bronze
      You've achieved a total 23 of 26 possible points.

Well i did lost 3 points that is true, but i believe max possible points should be 29 and question 3 is not working properly! I answered correctly but didnt recieve any points, i think theres a bug ;)

Oh and of course it was fun, i like these =)
    • bobm78
      bobm78
      Bronze
      Jeez, I disagree on a lot of things in this quiz, dont even know where to start.

Question 3: the answer should be value bet, like i did answer, but got no points for it. Strange...
      Question 8:the answer should be, just call. But if u just call there, u still dont know what ur up against, so a raise would give u more information where u are.
      Question 2: After making ur C-bet, that was called, why cant u check raise there? Callingstation called u on that board, so if u check turn, huge chance he will fire to get u out. Either bluff, or he thinks his hand is good. So by check raise, u get paid off more as by betting out urself.
    • awishformore
      awishformore
      Bronze
      Hello!

It is true that the 3 points awarded for question 3 were missing. The correct answer of course is to bet for value :) .

@bobm78:

Question 8: a raise for information almost always turns your hand into a bluff, so you should be very careful with that move and there usually is a better alternative...some people even claim that there is no information raise at all and that it always is either a bluff, for protection or for value.

Question 2: a real calling station will hardly ever get active on its own, so it's not very likely he will suddenly bet on the turn. You would be missing out on value.

That's just my 2 cents by the way, don't take my word for it ;) .
    • Faye6891
      Faye6891
      Bronze
      Originally posted by awishformore
      some people even claim that there is no information raise at all
      And I'm one of these guys! :s_biggrin:

Agree with your comments btw.

Oh... and btw... got 29 points! :s_pleased:

There's just one thing I love more than Aces... and that's the button. :s_p:
    • gavinonymous
      gavinonymous
      Bronze
      That was a fun quiz. I'd also like to see one with KK (was there already one?)

"You've achieved a total 28 of 29 possible points. This corresponds to 97 %!"
    • bobm78
      bobm78
      Bronze
      Thanks for ur point of view on the topics I put down there Awishformore..
      And I can see ur point of view, just wanted to say that there can be more way's to play the hand, and dont have to be wrong.
      Most callingstations/donks I played in the past call everything in the hope to take down the pot, but when u show no strenght they often will try to take it down by betting. But ur absolutely right if u see a callingstation as the word says, somebody who only calls. They are happy with any free card.
      I probably used my imagination a little too much.. :D
    • kingdippy2008
      kingdippy2008
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Faye6891

Quote of the week imo!!!!!!!

I got 23/29 :/

I wasn't really paying attention :P

-Jack
    • TribunCaesar
      TribunCaesar
      Bronze
      There is one mistake. In the hand where the station is minraising you get 1 point for 3bet/call and 0 points for folding.

call > fold > 3bet/call ---> that's how it should be not call>3bet/call>fold

the rest is fine imo. good quiz. Would say 8/10 possible points for that quiz :]

Best regards,
      TribunCaesar
    • TribunCaesar
      TribunCaesar
      Bronze
      Originally posted by bobm78
      Jeez, I disagree on a lot of things in this quiz, dont even know where to start.

Question 3: the answer should be value bet, like i did answer, but got no points for it. Strange...
      Question 8:the answer should be, just call. But if u just call there, u still dont know what ur up against, so a raise would give u more information where u are.
      Question 2: After making ur C-bet, that was called, why cant u check raise there? Callingstation called u on that board, so if u check turn, huge chance he will fire to get u out. Either bluff, or he thinks his hand is good. So by check raise, u get paid off more as by betting out urself.
      a station is not gonna bet. bet > c/r
    • Faye6891
      Faye6891
      Bronze
      Originally posted by kingdippy2008
      Originally posted by Faye6891

Quote of the week imo!!!!!!!

Or maybe it's just time to change my signature. :D
    • shortfuse
      shortfuse
      Bronze
      i got 23 too!