Boku87 Challenge #2 :: $5 into $100,000 in a year

• 78 replies
    • shivas80
      shivas80
      Bronze
      Rigged.. :)

1. Supernova... yeah everyone depositing 5$ gets supernova right?
      2. He already busto :) And now have somekind of playmoney deal.
    • viewer88
      viewer88
      Bronze
      Originally posted by shivas80
      Rigged.. :)

1. Supernova... yeah everyone depositing 5$ gets supernova right?
      2. He already busto :) And now have somekind of playmoney deal.
      He would reach supernova because he is the king of grinders, I don't think he gets extra VPP's for this challenge.

And say whaaaat.. he's already busto?
    • Wurble
      Wurble
      Silver
      Even if he has lost the first $5 he can just grind freerolls until he's got some cash again. I heard he has the option of selling play money as well.
    • TheLastNail
      TheLastNail
      Black
      a year is very long time for him.. ~2months or less might have been intersting..

this is no real challenge, imo ..
    • silent21
      silent21
      Global
      he busted his 5$. atm he is grinding playmoney so he can sell them for real money and start again. another chance is the supernova elite freeroll which is available for him.
    • Dendra
      Dendra
      Bronze
      Originally posted by silent21
      he busted his 5$. atm he is grinding playmoney so he can sell them for real money and start again. another chance is the supernova elite freeroll which is available for him.
      but that is "cheating" - i mean he should get his bankroll up from $5 to 100k like any other player who just made a deposit or whatever - this way it doesnt make sense, with that supernova status he will get points faster than others and it will provide him a huge advantage ;/

i mean if he wants to make such challenges, then he should do it in the same manner as any other player with that bankroll would do - aka no supernova status and such things.

if he wants to use supernova, etc. then he should make it a bit more challenging and set those numbers higher :)
    • timukasr
      timukasr
      Bronze
      Every player can sell his play money chips ($2 for 1kk). It's not cheating.

Anyway, it is confirmed now that he got 2nd $5 stake so...
    • Wurble
      Wurble
      Silver
      Originally posted by Dendra
      but that is "cheating" - i mean he should get his bankroll up from $5 to 100k like any other player who just made a deposit or whatever - this way it doesnt make sense, with that supernova status he will get points faster than others and it will provide him a huge advantage ;/

i mean if he wants to make such challenges, then he should do it in the same manner as any other player with that bankroll would do - aka no supernova status and such things.

if he wants to use supernova, etc. then he should make it a bit more challenging and set those numbers higher :)
      I think this is more of a Pokerstars promotional challenge than a challenge that Boku himself has come up with. After his $100 - $10K in 2 weeks challenge most people know this will be a breeze for him.
    • Katavich
      Katavich
      Bronze
      Originally posted by timukasr

That is lame. He is supposed to play freeroll's if he get busto, and not recive second stake.
    • AussieIan
      AussieIan
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Katavich

That is lame. He is supposed to play freeroll's if he get busto, and not recive second stake.
      if everyone is entitled to trade playmoney, then i dont see anything wrong with it.....still pretty decent effort to go from 1k to 1kk in under a day, even at play money, and it saves him having to wait for the freerolls
    • kokaynas
      kokaynas
      Bronze
      Every player can sell his play money chips ($2 for 1kk). It's not cheating.

Where i can sell them?
    • promofree
      promofree
      Bronze
      Google it
    • Katavich
      Katavich
      Bronze
      Originally posted by AussieIan

if everyone is entitled to trade playmoney, then i dont see anything wrong with it.....still pretty decent effort to go from 1k to 1kk in under a day, even at play money, and it saves him having to wait for the freerolls
      Are you sure that it is allowed to trade playchips from real$?
    • AussieIan
      AussieIan
      Bronze
      Originally posted by AussieIan

Are you sure that it is allowed to trade playchips from real$?
      I've seen a few people saying it is, and i have heard of it a while back. I have no idea how you'd go about doing it though, and the effort needed to get that much play money isn't worth most peoples time i reckon. But for Boku's purposes, better than waiting for freerolls i guess..
    • kingdippy2008
      kingdippy2008
      Bronze
      Hey Guys,

I just searched him on stars and it appears he is playing now. Also all of his games are either 0.10$ 360 man turbos or they are 0.25$ 90 mans. No play money at all which i guess means he is not bust ;)

Just search boku87 at pokerstars :)

Regards,

-Jack
    • silent21
      silent21
      Global
      this is a puuure pokerstars advertisement. at the moment they are giving free 5$ to every new player that register so they just want to show to the stupid people that they can make fortune from this 5$.

boku can do it, but im sure ps pays him even more for this.
    • viewer88
      viewer88
      Bronze
      this is a puuure pokerstars advertisement. at the moment they are giving free 5$ to every new player that register so they just want to show to the stupid people that they can make fortune from this 5$.

boku can do it, but im sure ps pays him even more for this.
      yes ofcourse... you think he's grinding playmoney for fun?
    • dadude77
      dadude77
      Bronze
      I just read through the whole 2+2 thread. He did bust

Posted By Boku87 (on 2+2)

I ran at -50% ROI or so and went busto, so what options do I have ecept for grinding playmoney?

I am at 236K now I think.
      Also he says that he started at 1k for play money.

However shortly after

Originally posted by Scottyy (pokerstars rep on 2+2)
      He was given another $5 stake.

Scotty
      PokerStars VIP Team

Kind of cheap imo. But I think pokerstars didnt want to promote the selling of playmoney
    • timukasr
      timukasr
      Bronze
      Why would pokerstars mind selling play money anyway? Thos play money grinders start to play for real money and generate real rake, I don't see anything wrong with that.