Where is the problem?!?

• andreibalint
      andreibalint
      Bronze
      Hi. This month i've played 7314 hands and lost 62,25 dollars which is -21,41BB/100 hands. And this feels soo sick. At the beggining i was thinking it is a downswing but i'm not that sure now. The real result is actually a win because i played a little more on another computer with less catastrophic results and i won in a few tournaments about 80$, but i don't feel confident that i am profitable playing.

I'm playing NL4 BSS SH on MansionPoker. NL2 was really a joke, in a good day i would make like 30bb/100h. And the difference shouldn't be to big.

Problem is ... i can't find a problem! I don't play really good.. i know that, but question is do i play this bad? I did some stupid things like going all in with 88 but i caught the fish pushing with like 95o. I probably give too much credit to the stats, i guess i'm thinking that they always tell the truth. Question is how can i find the problem? I am already re-reading the articles. Any suggestion? Should i switch at least for a while to fullring? Turn of stats?

I generally like to play with very loose very agressive opponents. Should i try to avoid them? VPIP 19 Preflop Raise 12 postflop agression 2 showdown 23, any problem here? (the trial of the elephant expired so i don't have all the stats). I am playing during the night generally, and i am generally kind of bored or tired, but is this enough to justify these crappy results? During the morning i seem to do better but i barely have enough tables to play...

Sometimes (not so often and only if i have top pair top kicker or more) i put my opponents to a bluff. I raise preflop they call flop is K96 2 suited i bet they call another of that suit comes check check and they shove the turn. Or a similar situation... Would it be easier to just consider they are not?

And the last thing is that i am sometimes tilting or getting angry but i still don't do very stupid mistakes. Today for example some dude really raised a lot preflop so i 3-bet him about 4 hands in 10 (not every 10 hands) preparing to do so with a big pair also later so he will think i'm stealing again. So i am hoping to get some kind of answer... thanks.
  • 6 replies
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Originally posted by andreibalint
      I generally like to play with very loose very agressive opponents. Should i try to avoid them? VPIP 19 Preflop Raise 12 postflop agression 2 showdown 23, any problem here? (the trial of the elephant expired so i don't have all the stats). I am playing during the night generally, and i am generally kind of bored or tired, but is this enough to justify these crappy results? During the morning i seem to do better but i barely have enough tables to play...
      Raise more or call less/ gap between vpip and pfr is too big imo. Yes, playing tired can make you to a losing player.

Sometimes (not so often and only if i have top pair top kicker or more) i put my opponents to a bluff. I raise preflop they call flop is K96 2 suited i bet they call another of that suit comes check check and they shove the turn. Or a similar situation... Would it be easier to just consider they are not?
      Don't bluffcach at such stakes ever, instead of that i'd suggest bet/fold turn, this way you'll get value from worse hands (when they call) and set the price you want to invest on this hand (because you are folding to a raise and checking behind on river, and they'll bluff really rarely)

And the last thing is that i am sometimes tilting or getting angry but i still don't do very stupid mistakes. Today for example some dude really raised a lot preflop so i 3-bet him about 4 hands in 10 (not every 10 hands) preparing to do so with a big pair also later so he will think i'm stealing again. So i am hoping to get some kind of answer... thanks.
      Don't play on tilt, ever, regardless of how good you think you can control yourself that's usually false.
      Don't 3bet light at nl4, it's spew at such stakes, 3bet only value hands, they won' adjust and if they are adjusting to that, you are playing at wrong tables.

Hope that helped. :rolleyes:
    • andreibalint
      andreibalint
      Bronze
      Yes it did. Thanks. I am not the "omg poker sucks i'm quitting i'm down 10 BI " type, i lost and won enough money trading to have some kind of strenght in this matter. But i am really doing something wrong here... Anyway, I am still hoping for some advice so don't be shy :D
    • andreibalint
      andreibalint
      Bronze
      Yep, still playing like crap if anybody cares... I have declared a week break to figure out what to do. And the big question is what the hell to do? I have some kind of desire right now to switch to limit holdem or MTTs right now but what are the chances this will help me?

I have absolutely no clue what the hell i'm missing in the "read articles a couple of books watched videos and a lot of TV-poker and play NL 4 with people for which 4$ is nothing and they have no clue and no poker education whatsoever and still lose and lose big". So frustrating...

I'm probably a huuuge fish right now. Or like a whale or something don't know... :f_biggrin:
    • Berzerger
      Berzerger
      Bronze
      Find someone (preferably better than you) to do sweat sessions with. Let him watch you play and explain what you're doing and why.
    • andreibalint
      andreibalint
      Bronze
      Remember me? Hello again. After running so bad at cash games i switched to FL where i got a 100BB downswing/i lost 100BB. I'm not sure because i'm not confident that i can beat it.
      Anyway, after that i went to SnG's. After only a few hundred of them my bankroll almost tripled. I had a roi of 18% (2$, 5$). But then, guess what? A downswing came. And it was to be expected. And just kept going...
      I decided to try some turbo SnG's. They trully are something to love. People call your all in with 23o just for entertainment. And i kept on losing... this time it's variance for sure since very often i get in with the best hand.
      My account went from 346 to 202 (swithed back to 2$ BI at 250). That makes a 17BI+19BI around 36BI swing. Splendid!
      I'm telling you, there is some paranormal activity going on at the iPoker network... (i'm not the only one getting bad beats, all the other players seem to be as fortunate as me).

I guess what i wrote here couldn't help anybody but me but anyway...
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      Originally posted by andreibalint
      Hi. This month i've played 7314 hands and lost 62,25 dollars which is -21,41BB/100 hands.
      That is only 15BI. You could have swings as large are 40-50BI and that would just be normal variance.

I would say your main problem is that you are playing to win. Instead you should be focused on playing every hand correctly.