This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL25 FR, Q8o freeplay

• jenoc
      jenoc
      Bronze
      UTG is 88/0 on only 8 hands

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.25(BB) Replayer
      SB ($5)
      Hero ($26.37)
      UTG ($4.67)
      UTG+1 ($10.60)
      UTG+2 ($10.44)
      MP1 ($10.94)
      MP2 ($4.75)
      CO ($4.65)
      BTN ($25.07)

Dealt to Hero Q:spade: 8:club:

UTG calls $0.25, fold, fold, fold, MP2 calls $0.25, fold, BTN calls $0.25, fold, Hero checks

FLOP ($1.10) Q:diamond: 5:club: 5:spade:

Hero bets $0.90, UTG calls $0.90, MP2 folds, BTN folds

TURN ($2.90) Q:diamond: 5:club: 5:spade: 8:heart:

Hero bets $2, UTG calls $2

RIVER ($6.90) Q:diamond: 5:club: 5:spade: 8:heart: 6:diamond:

Hero bets $2, UTG calls $1.52 (AI)

On flop we are 4 way, still I have TP on dry board so I decided to bet and fold to action- what do you think, should I just check/fold such hands? Turn is good for me because there are lot more Q possible I have beat, so I just try to pot that loose shortstack allin.
  • 2 replies
    • Volrath89
      Volrath89
      Bronze
      Check/fold TP on that board is definitely too weak. So bet/fold is fine.

On that turn vs shortstack its instant push, but since we usually don't overbet, :P we play bet/call turn, bet river.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Bet/folding the flop against a bunch of limpers is fine, they can peel with pocket pairs, worse Qx and A-high there. If you start by checking you'll have no idea what they're betting with, it's usually not a good plan against bad players.

On the turn i'd bet half pot, the shorty is going to end up all-in anyway on the river and the board is dry, i'd rather not scare him away when betting big doesn't accomplish anything. Obvious river value shove.

Hope it helps.