[NL2-NL10] NL10 TT all-in?

• Elijenik
      Elijenik
      Bronze
      Hello,

I am new to SSS and Hold'em at all, so I would like to be 100% if I did a mistake or not :)

I followed starting hand chart and all-in "rule".

Here's the hand:
      Play hand

Was that right going all-in or not? Thank's for help :)
  • 6 replies
    • RahXephon1
      RahXephon1
      Bronze
      You should raise at least another BB for the limper so .16$. Other than that nice hand, TT is good enough for blind battles and you will get reraised with much worse hands in average. This time you were unlucky he had Kings.
    • 0tt
      0tt
      Bronze
      Remember to raise 4BB+1BB per limper in that case 0.20$. Apart from that you did everything right. There was a raise behind you and I can go all in with TT. You was unlucky though.
    • caroline29632
      caroline29632
      Black
      You're not playing SSS on NL4, because you have a 50BB stack. You can't play profitable with a midstack. If you can't buy in for 20BB, then you will have to move up to NL10.

Good luck.
    • Elijenik
      Elijenik
      Bronze
      Originally posted by caroline29632
      You're not playing SSS on NL4, because you have a 50BB stack. You can't play profitable with a midstack. If you can't buy in for 20BB, then you will have to move up to NL10.

Good luck.
      Oh, yeah I know I should always play with 20BBs, but my bankroll was about $8 (I was gambling with sit'n'goes a bit :f_eek: ) so I thought that I should move down (yeah too late, I know).

Do you think that's better to play NL10 instead of NL4 even with bankroll for less than 30 buy-ins?

ATM I am on $20, should I play NL10 then? Or NL4? Maybe Limit is the right choice. I won't deposit more cash.
    • Gonzo394
      Gonzo394
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Elijenik
      Originally posted by caroline29632

Good luck.
      Oh, yeah I know I should always play with 20BBs, but my bankroll was about $8 (I was gambling with sit'n'goes a bit :f_eek: ) so I thought that I should move down (yeah too late, I know).

Do you think that's better to play NL10 instead of NL4 even with bankroll for less than 30 buy-ins?

ATM I am on $20, should I play NL10 then? Or NL4? Maybe Limit is the right choice. I won't deposit more cash.
      There is a profitable way to play on NL2 with minimum buyin (40 or 50 BB); I know it because I built up my BR myself this way.
      However you can't learn the necessary adjustments to strategy here.
      So if you think you can't figure them out yourself and need some guidance (and "I am new to SSS and Hold'em at all, so I would like to be 100% if I did a mistake or not smile" sounds like you do) you are better off either learning FL or risking a shot at NL2 with 100BB and 10 buyins AFTER you have read the BSS-articles (and mybe practiced a bit at playmoney-tables until you "got it".)

oh, and: Good luck.
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Hey Elijenik,

welcome to the SSS forum.

About the hand. If you were playing according to SSS then you should've raised 5 big blinds preflop(it's even more important to raise enough when you have to play in the blinds thus out of position). And after the reraise with 20BB it's correct to go all-in with TT. However, you played the hand with 49 big blinds thus I find fold to reraise more appropriate.

About your career, I would suggest you either start playing BSS NL2 because I find it less variable on low limits than SSS and for this reason it's less risky to play it with too short bankroll. Or the other option, which is even better I think, would be to move your bankroll to a poker site that allows you to play micro limits(NL2-4) with 20BB stack, I know FTP does, not sure about other platforms.

Regards,
      burek2000