[NL2-NL10] How many mistakes did I make playing this hand?

• Styr
      Styr
      Bronze
      Firstly, I know that I am not supposed to raise with QT, suited or not. (This obviously is a good example) But other than that, what did I do wrong here? What would have been the right course of action? Or was it just a bad beat?

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (9 handed) - Full-Tilt Hand Converter from HandHistoryConverter.com

UTG ($50.75)
      UTG+1 ($10)
      MP1 ($32.35)
      MP2 ($36.40)
      MP3 ($50)
      CO ($33.10)
      Button ($76.75)
      SB ($10.25)
      Hero (BB) ($4.60)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q:heart: , 10:heart:
      6 folds, Button calls $0.50, SB calls $0.25, Hero bets $1, 1 fold, SB calls $0.50

Flop: ($2.50) 10:spade: , 10:diamond: , K:club: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.50, SB calls $0.50

Turn: ($3.50) Q:club: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $1, SB calls $1

River: ($5.50) 5:heart: (2 players)
      SB bets $2, Hero raises to $2.10 (All-In), SB calls $0.10

Total pot: $9.70 | Rake: $0.45

Results: SB had K:heart: , 10:club: (full house, tens over Kings). Hero had Q:heart: , 10:heart: (full house, tens over Queens). Outcome: SB won $9.25
  • 6 replies
    • Kruppe
      Kruppe
      Black
      post this in the sample hands forum!

if BU realises you should be raising very tight, i kind of like the preflop raise, as BU will often fold and SB has a weak range and is OOP.

betting small because your stack is so small that you can get allin by SD with very small bets makes sense, but 1/5 potsize on the flop is too small imo. just bet 1.10 - 1.25, should look more like normal cbet to villain in case he's thinking about that, and you get more value from hands that might get scared of certain turn cards, and you protect.
    • lennonac
      lennonac
      Global
      never min raise preflop...what else can we possibly say just a cooler
    • GrantJennings
      GrantJennings
      Bronze
      I agree with Kruppe. A proper cbet-sized raise will not only get by villain's radar more easily, but we can disguise our cbets by betting the same amount when we hit monsters (some monsters, sometimes you have to slowplay, but not here).

I also don't think that a minraise preflop is right here.

However, I don't think that the minraise preflop is necessarily a bad move (Harrington recommends it (but sparingly), both Negreanu and Lindgren were doing it in this year's main event, and they've all won more money than me). Here, your minraise offers 4-1 pot odds to both players (I'm amazed the button folds, actually), so it's just a pot sweetener that will almost certainly be called by one or both players.

I think QT is a fine hand for stealing here, so why not put in a raise of 4-5bb, and preferably end the hand right now?

And yes, this is just a bad beat. No way not to bust out.
    • Alverine
      Alverine
      Bronze
      Your 10BB stack makes no sense. Why the hell you wanna play with this stack? Its push or fold pf here. And you can easily push here.
    • advola
      advola
      Bronze
      i think the preflop min raise was useless...
      villian will never fold to that raise
      and with Q10s is not to get value and get the pot bigger becouse q10 is a average hand....

And also if you play sss then its a very bad raise for the long run....

i think you got to be very glad that you played short stake becouse you would have easly lose all your stake here

and its a cooler nothing you can do
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Hey Styr,

if you play SSS then rebuy when your stack falls below 15 big blinds.

With such a small stack I find QTs easy push preflop. And minraise makes absolutely no sense, so it's either check or push preflop, while push is way more profitable.

As played, bet 1.5$ on the flop and push turn.

FH vs better FH is just a cooler so you don't have to worry about it, it doesn't happen too often and next time you'll hold the K.

Regards,
      burek2000