This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL50 A7 resteal

• Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $9.50
      BU:
      $52.00

0.25/0.5 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with A:diamond: , 7:heart:
      5 folds, BU raises to $1.50, Hero raises to $4.50, BB folds, BU calls $3.00.

Flop: ($9.50) 2:diamond: , Q:diamond: , J:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $5.00 (All-In), BU calls $5.00.

Turn: ($19.50) 6:diamond:
      River: ($19.50) 9:spade: (1 players)

Final Pot: $19.50

villain is stealing 100% (4 out of 4 samples). Is this suf
      ficient to play back? And, if so, are we better off pushing pf?
      Thanks
  • 6 replies
    • Gonzo394
      Gonzo394
      Bronze
      yes, with 4 out of 4 steals i like playing back with A7.

with 3bb in the pot and oop you are better off pushing your stack preflop.
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      I just push to his steal preflop.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Gonzo394
      yes, with 4 out of 4 steals i like playing back with A7.

with 3bb in the pot and oop you are better off pushing your stack preflop.
      Is it 4 out of 4 on the SAME table or from different tables?? there is significant difference so that's why I ask it.

If it is 4 out of 4 on the same table then I shove preflop. Why do shorties 3bet here with 50% of their stack =S

In general if u play it like this, you are making this more complicated. I prefer a simple Shove button

- Gerv
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      Same table.

To be honest, I suppose I just raise because if villain is stealing with nothing I assume he will fold to 3bet where as if he pushes I probably fold -but I guess this is just burning money?
    • Gonzo394
      Gonzo394
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Tim64
      To be honest, I suppose I just raise because if villain is stealing with nothing I assume he will fold to 3bet where as if he pushes I probably fold -but I guess this is just burning money?

Usually you can't fold anymore to a push because you need only ~25%-30% equity (in this hand: 27%) for a profitable call and you have that with almost any decent hand worth restealing. Try it!
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      I'm embarassed to admit this comes as a surprise to me - but it seems, after playing around with Equilator, that you're right.

I see that even pretty terrible hands like 46o have the necessary equity against a strong hand like AK. On that basis we would almost always make a mathematical mistake by folding to a 4bet push. And if that is true then it follows that, if we are going to resteal at all as a short stack, we should almost always do so by pushing rather than 3x raising.

I'm grateful to you for alerting me to this - a revalation indeed!