grinding fl for points

• Federx
      Federx
      Bronze
      hi there, i first need to say i'm totally clueless about FL right now.

i'm currently 24 tabling NL25 SSS on stars, making about 100vpp/h.
      would i be able to get a similar amount playing FL FR on whatever limit i should play with a 200$ bankroll? what about SH?

thx :s_biggrin:
  • 9 replies
    • CoreySteel
      CoreySteel
      Bronze
      lol, no way...
      I can hardly play 4 SH tables... Profitably :)

Read: http://www.pokerstrategy.com/strategy/fixed-limit/#basic
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      FWIW I think opal99 plays around 12 SH tables on iPoker... so how hard can it be? :f_o:

Short answer, don't grind for points, it's -EV. Work tirelessly on your game, move up limits, get a +ve winrate..... then grind like a mo'fo.
    • CoreySteel
      CoreySteel
      Bronze
      Opal doesn't count. He's a robot.
    • Federx
      Federx
      Bronze
      i'm a robot too :( nobody can throw some numbers? :s_o:
    • CoreySteel
      CoreySteel
      Bronze
      For 100 vpp/h you would need to play like +12 tables of FR on 0.5/1.

SH? You don't have enough money for that, imo. You'd need like 500$ for 0.5/1 for proper BRM.
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      Originally posted by CoreySteel
      For 100 vpp/h you would need to play like +12 tables of FR on 0.5/1.

SH? You don't have enough money for that, imo. You'd need like 500$ for 0.5/1 for proper BRM.
      And if you're clueless about FL I wouldn't recommend jumping in to SH at that limit unless you don't like your bank roll. Even for FR where the BRM recommendation is 300 big bets you will likely struggle at that limit.

FL is a monster bitch for variance and requires a ton more decisions than SSS.
      Bronze
      I agree with Waiboy, do not just take a leap right into the most your BR can afford.

I would suggest FR and something a step or 2 below your BR allows untill you get used to it.

Wish thats how I jumped into it but C'est la vie or whatever.
    • Ejeckt
      Ejeckt
      Bronze
      SH FL very very swingy. The more tables you play, more likely it'll get more swingy cause you might miss a few things. I'm ok playing 4, but trying to move into 6 now. Points are good because hands are fast and often reach a big enough pot for rake to be sufficient for point gain.

But as posters have said, grinding for points is -EV. I believe attitude is important, and if yours is one of making points, you're limiting yourself on wins and profits. Especially at FL :P

As Waiboy said:
      Short answer, don't grind for points, it's -EV. Work tirelessly on your game, move up limits, get a +ve winrate..... then grind like a mo'fo.
    • Heffron89
      Heffron89
      Bronze
      Isnt it better to get good at one form of poker and be a winning player at it and let the points come naturally?