vonki - The return of the Queen

• vonki
      vonki
      Coach
      Coach
      Hello everyone!

*EDIT* This is the very beginning of my blog, and is a very long time ago. For more recent information you'd have to proceed to the last few pages!

I think its about time to make my own blog here. I have my main blog on the Swedish forums, but as they quite inactive I thought I would turn to a somewhat bigger community to get more out of it.

For those of you who doesn't know me my name is Veronika, im 22 years old and I'm from the beautiful country upnorth: Sweden!

My first contact with poker was at home with friends and I thought hey, this is kinda fun. Back then I didnt know that online poker excisted, and that you could actually win money ( :f_confused: ) by playing it!

It wasnt until my girlfriend told me about her boyfriend playing online that I came in contact with online playing. Naive as I was I thought it wouldnt be that hard, and I deposited some money and tried playing. In a matter of weeks, I had won, lost, won some more and ofc lost it all again!
      Stubborn as I am, I tried it again. I deposited once again, and I began studying my opponents and started doing what they did. For some strange reason, it actually worked! In a few months time I had build up a bankroll to 300€ (played on a swedish site), but ofc I had no idea what BRM was.

Anyhow, to make it a short story, a friend of mine (dustje, mod at the dutch community) told me about this site, and the 50$ starting capital. So from there on, I started playing some SSS on Partypoker. I hated the play on NL10, so I chose to deposit 140$ and start playing on NL25 straight away.
      I managed to build up my bankroll to 450$ in a matter of months. However, the variety finally got to me, and I started hating SSS! :f_mad:

That's when I decided I would go back to playing BSS, like I had done from the beginning. With some help and private coachings from Dustje I was well on my way! I started playing NL10 on Pokerheaven, and that is where my main focus remains!

I've been playing a few tournaments and SNG's here and there, and I think they are a nice option to CG when I get tired of that, but defenately nothing for me in the long run.

SO! My goal with this blog, is to recieve feedback and tips from you all (those who can be bothered). The focus will therefore be on my BSS-playing on Pokerheaven.

My current bankroll is... I dont know, in total I guess around 600€.

Below there is a graph of all my hands played on NL10 so far (not that many yet).

Any comments are welcome.

Goals
      [] Build up a steady bankroll for NL25 (at least 450€ on Pokerhaven)
      [] Start playing, and keep playing profitable on NL25
      [] Reach Gold Member status
      [] Work on my post-flop play
      [] Read all the articles I have access to about BSS
      [] Learn to calculate and play with odds properly

Current bankroll on Pokerheaven
      328,77€

I think that will be all for now, any questions and comments are welcome.
      As my study takes up quite alot of time, I dont always get to play as much as I would have liked to, but I always do my best ;)
  • 2926 replies
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      You like to hide huh? ;)

Seems I do not have to put effort in learning Swedish now since you will abandon your svenska blog :f_mad:

Nevertheless, you will move up exponentially :) so do not hide too much and provide your readers with as much info as possible!

See you!
      Gerv
    • vonki
      vonki
      Coach
      Coach
      I expected you to find me! :D

And I wouldnt advise you to give up learning swedish, Im gonna keep that blog too!

Thanks for advices ey, I might seek inspiration in your blog (on how to keep readers interested that is, not how to play :rolleyes: Its not like ill ever forget the 6c7c hand :f_love: ).
    • vonki
      vonki
      Coach
      Coach
      Okaaaaay. Maybe I should edit my intro and make it pink for people to react? :D
      I played a session on PH again, and my oh my am I glad that I chose to play a session instead of studying!

The last 300 hands of my session i was running HOT!

I'll post some examples of hands below, a bit unfortunate that the HH is a bit bugged though :(

http://www.pokerhand.org/?4643860

http://www.pokerhand.org/?4643864

http://www.pokerhand.org/?4643872

http://www.pokerhand.org/?4643884

Gosh, nothing better then a thoughtful, donating fish when you're running that good! :f_love:

As expected, when I closed down to check my results, i saw a big green +.

New bankroll Pokerheaven:
      363,15€ +34,38€

That takes me in the right direction when it comes to grinding up to 450€ on Pokerheaven, which is gooood.

Other then that I dont really have a clue about what to write, so ship some suggestions!

:heart:
    • dustje
      dustje
      Gold
      oeeh a new blog,

good luck! :s_cool:
    • kingdippy2008
      kingdippy2008
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Gerv
      You like to hide huh? ;)

Seems I do not have to put effort in learning Swedish now since you will abandon your svenska blog :f_mad:

Nevertheless, you will move up exponentially :) so do not hide too much and provide your readers with as much info as possible!

See you!
      Gerv
      She was hiding from you Gerv. ffs... :s_confused: :s_evil:

Good Luck and remember to keep updating! Looking forward to reading!

-Jack
    • jockye
      jockye
      Bronze
      Originally posted by vonki
      For those of you who doesn't know me my name is Veronika, im 22 years old and I'm from the beautiful country upnorth: Sweden!
      In other words: Beautiful girl from a beautiful country. :)

Hope to still get regular updates in the Swedish forum. =)
      You need to work on you swedish writing. ;) (setat)? :D
    • vonki
      vonki
      Coach
      Coach
      jockye you meanie.. :f_mad: "setat" is just dialect and you know it ;) Other then that my swedish writing is rather perfect! ;P At least thats what my teacher told me :rolleyes:

But ofc I will still be blogging there too, I know where my loalty belongs :D
    • aloofkid
      aloofkid
      Bronze
      New blog for inspiration nice graph you got there! :)
    • jockye
      jockye
      Bronze
      ...Other then that my swedish writing is rather perfect! ;P At least thats what my teacher told me :rolleyes:
      You are flawless, in every possible way.

As always I wish you the best of luck. :f_love:
    • fapaja
      fapaja
      Bronze
      I have my main blog on the Swedish forums, but as they quite inactive I thought I would turn to a somewhat bigger community to get more out of it.

We're not inactive. We're just not so many. ;)
      Oh, well. Two blogs to read doubles the fun! :s_biggrin:
    • vonki
      vonki
      Coach
      Coach
      Originally posted by jockye
      ...Other then that my swedish writing is rather perfect! ;P At least thats what my teacher told me :rolleyes:
      You are flawless, in every possible way.

As always I wish you the best of luck. :f_love:

awww thank you :heart:

and thnx to you too aloofkid!

@ fapaja : Idd, I know we're not that inactive if you look at the number of members :D and i love you all :f_love: But like you said, two blogs doubles the fun ;)

I just got back home from school + shopping so I'm reeeeally tired and not sure if I'll even play a session today, but I guess if i rest for a while I should be able to play at least a short session :rolleyes:

Tomorrow I get to eat cake without having a guilty conscience woho! :D It's my sisters birthday... and i forgot to buy her a gift. wtf ?(
      Guess I have no choice but to go shopping again tomorrow then :f_cool:
    • sidewalker
      sidewalker
      Bronze
      Tomorrow I get to eat cake without having a guilty conscience woho! :D It's my sisters birthday... and i forgot to buy her a gift. wtf ?(
      Guess I have no choice but to go shopping again tomorrow then :f_cool:
      Complete waste of BR imo :D
    • Disability
      Disability
      Bronze
      Ah, finally an English blog aswell, that makes it a little easier to understand your updates. :D
    • vonki
      vonki
      Coach
      Coach
      lol sidewalker :D I dont use my bankroll when I go shopping, I'd be broke in an instant :D

hehe, nice to see you found the blog too Disability! :)

And uhm, yea I played a session of poker last night but I ran soooo bad. It was the complete opposite from the other session. Down about 33€ :( But oh well... that's poker :) It's not like i played bad or anything, except for a few hands.
      I also had some connection problems which cost me a bit of money.
      It sucks to see your table time out whilst the others work just fine, knowing you have an A high straight and you invested money in the hand :f_mad:
    • vonki
      vonki
      Coach
      Coach
      Just a short update.

I played BSS on FTP today just to try it out, as I've actually never played BSS there actively before. Wanted to see what the resistance was like, and if it was beatable.

After something like 1400 hands today on NL10, the result was +18,43$ which isnt that bad. It's not a big samplesize, but i doubt it will be that much different from Pokerheaven really.

I'll make a more detailed update later. :)
    • vonki
      vonki
      Coach
      Coach
      Another short update as I have to go to work in a while.

Continued playing on FTP for the "take 2" and the 50$ promotion. Things are going okay, but I get really annoyed with all the Shortstacks :rolleyes:
      It makes table selection really important, and I feel like i spend quite some time looking for new tables.

Full Tilt Poker
      247,14$ +12,36$

Days earned on take 2: 4/25
    • vonki
      vonki
      Coach
      Coach
      Thought I'd make a little update again.

So atm I'm pretty much trying to decide where I will continue playing, and what would be the best choice for me. The choice is for now between Pokerheaven and Full tilt poker.

At Pokerheaven I feel comfortable and feel I have an edge on alot of players. Full tilt on the other hand, I dont feel as comfortable yet. Im working on that though ;)

The thing is, at FTP there is alot more traffic, and I'd be able to use HEM there (PT at Pokerheaven, which Im not fimiliar with yet and I dont quite like what I saw of it so far). I also have a nice database for NL25 on FTP for when I move up. Further I need to rake 100€ on PH in order to get any rakeback at all, which is quite hard for me. So as it looks now, I'll be playing on FTP.

So far on FTP I've played about 3,6k hands and I've won like 285BB. I've played completely without stats, and the VPIP has been 12/8 on average.

Total hands on NL10 FR BSS for me is currently around 25k hands. I dont know if this is alot or not, but I feel rather comfortable.

I'm planning to move up to NL25 when my total bankroll reaches 1000$, which might seem like alot to some poeople, but I just dont want to play with scared money. :f_frown:

At this moment, I have close to 870$ in total bankroll, which should mean that if everything goes according to plan, I will be able to move up at the end of this month/start of next month. So great news!

Just for my own sake: My FTP bankroll needs to increase to ~385$ and then, I've reached my goal.

Current FTP roll:
      251,99$ (~130$ to go)

5/25 days for take2 50$ promo
    • vonki
      vonki
      Coach
      Coach
      Okay, time for a update!

As you know I've been trying to move up to NL25 a couple of times without any sucess so far. A couple of days ago, I gave it another try. Unfortunately with the same result as before - Quite bad cards, a few stupid moves and a strict stop-loss limit. I set my stop-loss to 3 BI but I chose to close down when I had lost 2,5... more due to the fact I was slightly (understatement) tilted.

So anyway, I went back to playing NL10 FR and continued building up my bankroll again. It went quite good, until i got so tired of switching tables every 5 minutes due to all the shortstacks... I stopped playing but still wanted to play.
      I complained about it to one of my "pokerfriends" and he adviced me to start playing SH instead to get rid of the shortstacks. I've always felt that I am too nitty for it, and that I lack enough knowledge about postflop play. He offered himself to watch me play and give me loads of good advice and explinations so I started up 3 tables and began playing.
      And now, I'm completely into it :D I loved it! I feel that I have so much I can learn just by switching to SH instead of moving up a level. In fact, i think I can learn more effective by playing SH instead of FR on a higher level!

So yea, thats whats new really. :) I only played 400 hands so far, but I will defenately play more today. I managed to play a winning session last time, and I'm hoping for that this session too even though that isn't really my main goal with the upcoming sessions. As long as I break even, or even loose some money, I find it worth is as long as I learn something from it.

That would be it for now, will update later and when I have 10k hands on FT or so, I might even upload a graph :f_love: (if it doesnt look horrible ;D)
    • vonki
      vonki
      Coach
      Coach
      Getting close to the 10k mark, but not quite there yet!

Since my last update I've only been playing SH on NL10 and I've almost played 3,4k hands SH by now. I have to say im doing quite well, defenately way better then i expected.

I've played 6 sessions, and only 1 of those ended in a loosing session. (I made quite some misstakes and stupid moves there too, so not unexpected)

1 of the sessions i broke even and the rest of the sessions ended with 45bb+ winnings.

Overall on SH ive played 15/11 which is nitty but hey, thats me :D

My winrate is quite nice so far, roughly 10bb/100. With rakeback, even more

Not much more to add for now, I'm doing well in the Take 2 promo aswell, my goal for the whole 50$ should be piece of cake.