This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL25 AQs - my c-bet raised on flop

• Spidey1978
      Spidey1978
      Bronze
      Should have given this up after villains re-raise on flop?

Here's my workings according to pot odds please tell me if my line of thinking is correct.

Two over cards giving me 6 outs (although with the two diamonds on the flop should I discount this to 4 outs excluding the A and Q of Diamonds from my outs?).

I only have 2.15 left in my stack to call for a 5.65 pot which gives me pot odds of 2.6ish:1.

As I would be all-in if I called I have odds of 3:1 to improve by the river if 6 outs (or 5:1 if 4 outs)

Therefore It is not profitable to call. Correct?

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      BB:
      $15.84
      Hero:
      $4.55

0.1/0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.69 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A:heart: , Q:heart:
      2 folds, Hero raises to $1.00, 5 folds, BB calls $0.75.

Flop: ($2.10) 6:diamond: , 3:spade: , 7:diamond: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $1.40, BB raises to $2.80, Hero calls $2.15 (All-In), BB calls $0.75.

Turn: ($9.20) J:diamond:
      River: ($9.20) 9:diamond: (2 players)

Final Pot: $9.20
  • 2 replies
    • RahXephon1
      RahXephon1
      Bronze
      I think you can bet a little less on the flop 1,2 or 1,3.

As for the outs, if you are not sure you can dicount 1 in this case, as sometimes you'll have 6 sometimes 4 so 5 is an ok estimate.

Given that your opponent seems passive and decided to checkraise you is probably OK to fold.
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Hey Spidey1978,

I think you miscalculated the pot, because you have to put in the pot your last 2.15$ in order to win 7.05$ when opponent calls you, as I wouldn't expect any fold equity here. So, your pot odds are slightly better, they're 3.28:1.

That would be enough if you had 6 outs, but I don't think you have them on such a drawy board and specially not when a more passive villain decides to raise you on the flop. So, I find bet/fold on the flop the best line.

About c-betting I think c-betting 2/3 of the pot is right due to draw heavy boards, I would c-bet the same amount with an overpair.

Regards,
      burek2000