Lennonac's SNG's /Thread

• lennonac
      lennonac
      Global
      Hi all,
      I have been thinking about writing a blogg for a while now, I even started a debate on whether Bloggs help the writers game. The conclusion was that it does in many ways.

So I decided to write one. I turned pro 3 months ago and had a hard month and a half. I was playing SSS then BSS SH then MTT's but I couldnt get anthing going.
      I decided I need to learn everything I can about 1 game/style not try everything. I have always been a keen snger and have had good success in the past. I then started learning everything on sng's for about four weeks solid while playing to learning at about 30% playing 70% learning.

So I decided to write a blog on my progress and my play.

Here is how my day usualy goes.....

Get up.

Have a look at pokerstrategy then watch a training vid.(Sometimes two)

Play a short set of 4 $22 sng's on Party poker. Now I always do this as I am a pro but I know my play is not the best during the day as im still a little tiered. I usually play because like most poker players I love poker and I am addicted to playing!

Ok after that I look over the hands in SNG Wiz to check for mistakes in my push/fold game.

Then I usually do some non poker related tasks....clean the house go out for a walk....go play golf or something.

Come back from that eat some dinner then im ready to play.

I dont really play many sng's compared to most but I do try and get through 30-40. I table select as much as possible on Party as there are a few regs that are very good. If they are at my table I try and start anotherone. On the plus side there are a few regs that I will gladly have at my table, there are a few losing regs with a really bad game.

I normaly have a break inbetween sets, this consits of browsing the internet usualy!

After I have had enough for the day, I get back on sngwiz and look for mistakes.

My early game is pretty solid so I dont think it needs reviewing but I may start to include this....If you dont stay sharp you get sloppy! :D

Then off to bed, where I watch another two training vids, normally these are the ones I watched earlier to try and make them sink in.

This is how the first week of September went...

The first 100 sng's where all $11 ones as I was coming out of a big downswing, I was getting my confidence back before I continued. I find I need to drop down less and less as time goes on as I know it will come around soon.

I then had a good few days that made a nice profit.

This week will be cut short as I am visiting the little Island called the Isle of white for a festival called "Bestival" from friday to monday, so I prob wont play thursday either, I travel back on the monday so best not to play that day either. I am hoping to get a few good days in before I go.

Tonight I will try and post some key hands and go through them on sngwiz along with my thoughts at the time.

Lennonac
  • 640 replies
    • RavForenzo
      RavForenzo
      Bronze
      Nice graph, i'll definitely be keeping an eye on this one. Seem like you have your head screwed on. Which is more than can be said for a lot of these 'pro' blogs. :D

good luck mate!
    • lennonac
      lennonac
      Global
      Cheers rav,

Had a good day today.....note the red ev line......oh well it happens

• lennonac
      lennonac
      Global
      Well after that freefall I decided not to tilt on my party account so I went back to my mansion account which is linked to Poker Strategy.

I put in £30 and started playing the $2.40 and $5.50 9 man sng's

Man were they soft! I have never played anywhere where the $5.50 sng's were so easy with next to no regs!

I played 43 $5.50 9 man turbos, with a roi of 43%
      The $2.40 I had 19% roi.
      There were about 2 other regs(If I can call them regs, I just mean they came up on a few tables, but they were horrible players. It was rare to find a player that had any clue about sng's)

Im thinking of moving here full time as Party is getting more and more regs, making it harder and harder.

Chart for yesterday

I cant work out how to convert Holdem manger hand history into a readable way so this will have to do.

***** Hand History for Game -1795218703 ***** (IPoker)
      Tourney Hand NL Texas Hold'em - Wednesday, September 09, 05:17:35 ET 2009
      Table TURBO Zurich 340496471 (Real Money)
      Seat 10 is the button
      Seat 2: cardemi ( $657.50 USD )
      Seat 3: 1PokerPlayer1 ( $1470.00 USD )
      Seat 4: KAPD74 ( $1130.00 USD )
      Seat 5: worsthandever ( $1420.00 USD )
      Seat 6: SUPERCHEREVKO ( $2322.50 USD )
      Seat 7: joueurpok24 ( $3460.00 USD )
      Seat 8: BoOgAlEe1 ( $1420.00 USD )
      Seat 9: xxxSOERxxx ( $1510.00 USD )
      Seat 10: jozzzan ( $1610.00 USD )
      cardemi posts small blind [$30.00 USD].
      1PokerPlayer1 posts big blind [$60.00 USD].

** Dealing down cards **

Dealt to 1PokerPlayer1 [ J :heart: J :spade: ]

KAPD74 folds
      worsthandever folds
      SUPERCHEREVKO folds
      joueurpok24 raises [$120.00 USD]
      BoOgAlEe1 folds
      xxxSOERxxx calls [$120.00 USD]
      jozzzan raises [$180.00 USD]
      cardemi folds
      1PokerPlayer1 folds

The hand continuned but I dont see the point of posting it as what im interested in is the preflop play.

Does everyonw just muck this preflop?

Normaly a very small min raise like this is a very strong hand and I dont want to flat as I could then get pushed on by the first raiser. I dont like spots like this, If the blinds were higher I might shove but not be too happy about it.

Turns out first raiser folded
      The first caller had ATo
      The reraiser had J7s

Cant win em all! lol

Now some shoves......Managed to get this one to convert!

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, 11 Tournament, 200/400 Blinds (4 handed) - Party-Poker Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Button (t11090)
      BB (t5900)
      SB (t2250)
      Hero (UTG) (t760)

Hero's M: 1.27

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 9, 7
      Hero raises to t760 (All-In), 2 folds, BB calls t360

Flop: (t1720) 9, 5, 4 (2 players, 1 all-in)

Turn: (t1720) 10 (2 players, 1 all-in)

River: (t1720) 9 (2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: t1720

Now if you put this into sngwiz it will tell you to fold this everytime no matter what the calling ranges......

But this is a situation where I think making a negative EV play will have a +EV expectation. Im down to less than 2 BB's if I wait for the BB to hit im shoving no matter what, I think this is an anytwo situation, anyone have any thoughts?

Hopefully I can get a few games in today as tomorrow im off to a festival, I wont be back until monday.
    • lennonac
      lennonac
      Global
      Well the festival was so much fun and what I really needed to get away from everything for a few days. Its aways good to just drop everything and take some time out to enjoy life :)

Well I have played a couple of days, didnt get much volume in but I am experimenting with times of day to play.
      Im still using my Mansion account after putting in £30 it now stands at £207.
      Im thinking of moving to the ipoker network as it is soft to say the least.

I hear that Titan is better though so maybe I should look into that....

Anyway the graph since yesterday just playing $5.50 sng's
      At one stage I placed in 9 in a row, with 4 firsts, 3 seconds and 2 thirds!

My roi since coming to ipoker is 30% with a ITM of 41%

I am expecting my ROI to level out at about 20-25% for the $5.50's

Allin all happy with things, maybe moving my bank here in the next few weeks.
    • RavForenzo
      RavForenzo
      Bronze
      The only thing I didn't like about Mansion (my tracked account) was the annoying cash out process, they need like a million documents from you. Plus the club store and VIP log in system was a load of crap, I couldn't log in half the time! But the players there are weak.

Just a shame stars kicks its arse for me in every single way, otherwise I could earn strategy points again.

Keep up the good work Lennonac =)
    • lennonac
      lennonac
      Global
      I hear you about the points system, although if you get to the higher end of it its not too bad.

Well I had a really good week except for one day where I didnt place in 20 straight sng's. I kept playing to my average number of sng's for the day but I knew it was just going to be one of those days.

So here is the week end graph...

Getting close to moving to $11 sng's which will be good as I am still undecided about a move here to mansion.
    • LtoC
      LtoC
      Bronze
      I'll keep an eye on you since we seem to be at the same point of our "career".

Cya soon
    • FrozenRope
      FrozenRope
      Bronze
      Nice progress, I'm currently playing SnG's on iPoker just curious what is your screen name if you don't mind me asking. I just started this month with the $5.50 your absolutely right tons of fish at this level. I wish you the best of success on your journey and will follow your progress.
    • lennonac
      lennonac
      Global
      He frozen, my name on ipoker is 1PokerPlayer1
      Whats yours so I can make a note to keep out of your way......although all is fair in love and war! :D
    • s1ndr0me
      s1ndr0me
      Bronze
      hey great blog Lennonac. With some very nice results. I'm looking forward to following. I'm a little behind you on the stakes front so looking at your hands is very helpful

pease pudding

S!n
    • lennonac
      lennonac
      Global
      The best advice I can give you is work on your game nearly as much as playing.
    • Cpwpoker
      Cpwpoker
      Bronze
      Elo

Thanks for your advice on my blog.

Just dropping some words :f_biggrin:

I don't know much aboug SnG but will come to see the graph here and there as they are beautiful when peaking up and so scary when it peaking down >_<

Think it is the variance of SnG xD ?

But anyway for me you are running hot :D !

Good luck at the table XP
    • FrozenRope
      FrozenRope
      Bronze
      Well 1PokerPlayer1 on ipoker :er Titan my screen name is IrishMermaid, I just switch to SnG so working hard to improve my play. Don't think I have ran into you yet but sure we will meet at some point. You are correct in saying you should work on your game nearly as much as playing. Video's,video's,videos.

My name is Cathie btw, wish you the best.
    • lennonac
      lennonac
      Global
      Yeah I have been running fairly hot, though this week has been up and down.
      Today I have donked off in about 5 sng's, dont know why so im watching some more videos, some new ones as I just turned Gold :)

Good luck CPW
    • lennonac
      lennonac
      Global
      Thanks Cathie, I will keep an eye out for you, Im sure I have not seen you as of yet, I play mostly during the day GMT time and sometimes in the evening.

I have been playing with some mental regs this week, one guy, I forget his name but he is in my notes, has played 2500 games at $5 level and has an roi of
      -18.....mental
    • RaWRpewpew
      RaWRpewpew
      Bronze
      Ev line for tournies?

How does that work? ?(
    • lennonac
      lennonac
      Global
      Im not that sure how the ev line works in sng's and to be honest im not sure it does!
      Its to do with your ev and chip stack
    • RaWRpewpew
      RaWRpewpew
      Bronze
      If i had to guess it probably assigns a value to tournament chips depending on the buyin of the tourney. And then just work it from T$ to real $ that way.

Its the only way i can think it can work. Otherwise it would just be guess work. Not a fan of 1 table sng's at all but i do like MTT ;)

EDIT : I played some super turbo's on FTP at a stage. Now i can see if I deserved to win.... there :P Because ofc its all about the EV there ^^
    • FrozenRope
      FrozenRope
      Bronze
      Well I live in Canada and I play mainly after work and late into the evening. Weekends is when we are most likely to meet. I too have many bad regulars that have negative ROI. Nice to keep buddy lists. Maybe wwe should consider shareing DB as I to use HEM. Something to think about.