Skip to forum
Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] Nl100 Jj

6 Posts
4 Users
0 Reactions
68 Views
DaPhunk
Joined: 01.03.2008
Elite Grinder

Party Poker $100.00 No Limit Hold'em - 9 players - View hand 287237
The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History Converter

MP1: $100.00
MP2: $57.22
CO: $100.00
BTN: $117.60
Hero (SB): $131.58
BB: $132.84
UTG: $101.00
UTG+1: $113.15
UTG+2: $120.48

Pre Flop: ($1.50) Hero is SB with J :spade: J :diamond:
5 folds, CO raises to $3, BTN raises to $9, Hero calls $8.50, 1 fold, CO calls $6

Flop: ($28.00) 4 :diamond: 8 :club: 3 :heart: (3 players)
Hero checks, CO checks, BTN bets $14.00, Hero calls $14, CO folds

Turn: ($56.00) A :diamond: (2 players)
Hero checks, BTN checks

River: ($56.00) 7 :diamond: (2 players)
Hero checks, BTN checks

Villain;

I guess this guy doesn't really 3bet that light in which case I'm just playing for Set Value and should fold flop to his cbet? After Calling the cbet and he checks back turn I wonder If I could have moved him off KK or QQ by betting river.


5 replies
mbml
Joined: 27.11.2008
BlackMember

I think i just fold preflop, JJ is behind his range (2% i believe?) and you can't set mine


Bierbaer
Joined: 27.05.2005
Oldschool Grinder

Originally posted by mbml
I think i just fold preflop, JJ is behind his range (2% i believe?) and you can't set mine

###

Coldcalling 3bets OOP with JJ when you're just 120BB deep is a terrible idea.
You might have 13:1 stack-odds, but that are not your implied odds, not even by a long shot.
Vs a guy that tight there's just nothing you can do in this spot, so folding preflop is the best option.


DaPhunk Topic starter
DaPhunk
Joined: 01.03.2008
Elite Grinder

thanks.


TheLastNail
Joined: 30.05.2008
BlackMember

now i have no proof for this whatsoever, its just pure concept in laggy games.. to be coldcallling like this with strong / also less strong hands, just coz ppl are not all that crazy bouncing back with weak if your image is reasonably tighter then theirs, and are happy to play bigger pots ip postflop.

that said, i think u could experiment on coldcalling like this, tho u need tto be very confident in your postflop skills.. deffo its much better of an idea when deeper, thats obv..

another thing is balancing.. in FR overcalling like this screams by tags for exactly 2hands: JJ & QQ ... i saw some having AK in there too.. but as long as u have exactly this range it just makes other ppl laugh when ceing this coz: they ll valuetown u everytime when better, fold everytime J, Q appers to your action (A, K)

since this sucks so much u should deffo 4bet these hands sometimes, /also mix in some pure bluffs in here, coz it just looks so strong.. /if ppl expect u to fold everything except for KK, AA.. :rolleyes: :spade: esp @ higher lims..

anyw.. if u experiment on coldcalling 3bets with wider range, let me know.. i thought abt it a while ago, and in very laggy games it might be a very nice alternative of how to steam ppl ♦


DaPhunk Topic starter
DaPhunk
Joined: 01.03.2008
Elite Grinder

I think I would like to try with slightly deeper stacks, but I might give it a shot.

I was thinking though; How many people would CC AA or KK in my position? If people often give you a range or JJ or QQ for Coldcalling there, then surely you can extract a lot of value with AA and KK and steam them that way because they see they had your range all wrong.


Share: