This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL25 FR, 88 set

• jenoc
      jenoc
      Bronze
      Villain is 9/8 AF=1.8 on 80 hands

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.25(BB) Replayer
      SB ($18.22)
      BB ($10)
      UTG ($25.86)
      UTG+1 ($30.20)
      UTG+2 ($8.66)
      Hero ($27.06)
      CO ($23.06)
      BTN ($25.72)

Dealt to Hero 8:club: 8:diamond:

UTG raises to $1, fold, fold, Hero calls $1, fold, fold, fold, fold

FLOP ($2.35) 5:spade: 2:club: 8:heart:

UTG bets $1.50, Hero calls $1.50

TURN ($5.35) 5:spade: 2:club: 8:heart: 2:heart:

UTG bets $3.50, Hero calls $3.50

RIVER ($12.35) 5:spade: 2:club: 8:heart: 2:heart: 5:club:

UTG checks, Hero bets $5.55, UTG calls $5.55

What to do on turn- I'm not sure if I raise will he call with OP here. Is my river value bet size ok? This board must look scary to him, so I don't think he will call big bet.
  • 2 replies
    • excelgeo
      excelgeo
      Bronze
      well i wouldnt know what to do on turn, i instictively raise it up though. i have posted similar hand here, still waiting to find out, shouldn't be long ( ;) kaitz20)

but yeah i instictively raise turn, make a bigger pot.

as you played it, i would bet 9 on river because he is likely to call playing two pair and A high.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Really tight players are usually easy to spook, and nothing is scarier than a call flop raise turn line. I actually like how you played it, you're more likely to get another street of value from that guy if he bets it himself, i don't think there are any hands he's calling a turn raise with that he wouldn't valuebet or c/c on the river.

I'd bet the river a tad bigger tho, i don't think he folds an overpair for something like $7 there unless he somehow feels threatened by the double paired board, which he shouldn't really. You can't really have a busted draw unless it's exactly 76 so he'll rarely c/c A-high even if you make it smaller.

Hope it helps.