Making a profit from FL HU!

• luckysim1
      luckysim1
      Bronze
      Hello everybody!

First a little introduction, im a guy from Norway, played poker for 5 years i think, started with live HU with my brother, where he stole quite some money, developed to playing online, with friends etc and i got better and better. Still playing quite some live, winning quite some money. Online i have never cashed something really big, so not excactly a poker pro yet.

I am currently playing at Bet365, grinding SSS at NL25 and NL50. Before that i played at Pokerstars, but the lack of promotions, bonuses etc i wanted to try something new.

Some short time goals:

:spade: Reach gold status at Bet365 (10000 MP in a month)
      :spade: Reach platinum status here at PS
      :spade: Read and study SSS, love Xarry advanced SSS blog
      :spade: Watch videos of SSS players!
      :spade: Start to use stats (postgreSQL dont work on my computer X(

Long time goals:

:spade: Get enough MP to buy the 1350 dollar bonus (100 k MP)
      :spade: Make enough money to withdrew some money every month/week

Will try to update regurarly, and post interesting hands every session!

Would appriciate every reply!
  • 29 replies
    • luckysim1
      luckysim1
      Bronze
      Just finished some short sessions with SSS NL50 at Bet365

Bankroll: 273 (+49 $)

Merit points: 1691 (+140)

Was running really hot. I made a nice laydown with Queens preflop, there is one thing i have really noticed, and thats the betting pattern when people got monsters preflop, if there is a raise before them they min raise, i see this way to often with noobs. Especially when a shortstack (20 BB) raises to half his stack after a raise before him, he probably got QQ+

Really liking SSS atm. Will play live home game later tonight, with blinds 5/10 NOK, about 1/2 $ in blinds. Looking forward to it!
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Hi lucksim1,

Very nice intro to your blog, good luck and I will read your progress with interest.

Best regards,

Bart
    • whySoSerious50
      whySoSerious50
      Bronze
      Hi, Any idea on why POstgre won't work on your pc?
    • luckysim1
      luckysim1
      Bronze
      Yeah, my computer is a part of my schools network, so they have modified alot of the system settings. The error message i get is that im not considered as a moderator, which i am. The computer guys at my school dont really understand much, so as long as im going to school i wont get access to stats on my laptop, which really sucks!
    • luckysim1
      luckysim1
      Bronze
      Todays live game went really really well! I got from 1000 NOK BI too 2900, wich is really alot of money!

Just played a short session:

Bankroll: 308 (+ 35 $)

Merit points: 1842 (+ 151)

Still running hot :D

Going to bed now! :club:
    • luckysim1
      luckysim1
      Bronze
      Played some more today, a little up, then alot down, and some up again. The variance in SSS is really big, but im pretty sure i can handle the swings!

Bankroll: 244 (- 64 $)

Merit points: 2246 ( +404)
    • luckysim1
      luckysim1
      Bronze
      Hello everybody! Nothing really new to talk about, but i will do a little HU SNG challenge for myself. Will play 50 HU sng with 10 dollar BI at Bet365. Mainly to improve my HU, find a true winrate and get some money and points!

Wish me luck!
    • Janusrichmond
      Janusrichmond
      Bronze
      Is it possible to find tables for SSS at bet365? I tried at NL10 but their was way to many shortstacks. Better at higher limits?
    • luckysim1
      luckysim1
      Bronze
      The tables are really full of shortstacks, but very few follow the strategy so they are really bad players.

I have been experimenting a little bit with Fixed limit, and will probably learn some more of that. Have been losing a little money to MTT and STT, but are now on my way up again!

Current BR - 199 $

Merit points - 3589

You'll find me at FL100!
    • Janusrichmond
      Janusrichmond
      Bronze
      OKej, but even if the shortstack players play bad, it is not good that they are shortstacks right? Or do you think they are as profitable as bigstacks?

I´ve also just started with fixed limit, on a lower limit. Kinda like it. good luck with your play!
    • Cpwpoker
      Cpwpoker
      Bronze
      Yo i want some graph xD !!!!!

lol

Did you try to uninstall postsql?

And after uninstall it did you delete it folder?The folder will be in program file with the name PostgreSQLl i think

You must delete the folder to be able to re-install it properly with PT HEM or Elephant.

IF this don't work dunno what will work xD

By the way Fl100 with 200$ is not a bit risky xD ?
    • luckysim1
      luckysim1
      Bronze
      I have been running really bad, and tilted some money away, but i tested my luck in Blackjack and won 250 $.... :rolleyes:

I used the "system" bet 2, if you win you bet 2, if you loose you multiply with 2 and so on. Worked fine with me atleast.

I withdrew 100 $ so my bankroll now stands at:

Bankroll: 300 $

Merit points: 3996
    • luckysim1
      luckysim1
      Bronze
      Yes....

I won another 250 dollar in blackjack

And i have always been an eager MTT player, and today a came 1. in 15 $ MTT

So total bankroll: 1562 $
    • luckysim1
      luckysim1
      Bronze
      Just played a little session, 4 tabling with elephant stats! :D

Most winning hand:

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $26,45
      MP1:
      $31,20
      Hero:
      $5,00

0,1/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.69 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with K:heart: , K:diamond:
      MP1 calls $0,25, Hero raises to $1,00, 3 folds, SB calls $0,90, BB folds, MP1 calls $0,75.

Flop: ($3,25) 6:diamond: , 4:heart: , 7:club: (3 players)
      SB checks, MP1 bets $0,25, Hero raises to $4,00 (All-In), SB calls $4,00, MP1 calls $3,75.

Turn: ($15,25) 4:diamond: (2 players)
      SB checks, MP1 checks.

River: ($15,25) J:spade: (3 players)
      SB checks, MP1 bets $1,00, SB calls $1,00.

Final Pot: $17,25

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows two pairs, kings and fours (Kh Kd)
      SB shows two pairs, queens and fours (Qh Qc)
      MP1 shows two pairs, sixes and fours (Ks 6h)

Hero wins with two pairs, kings and fours (Kh Kd)

Most losing hand:

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $25,00
      Hero:
      $5,00
      CO:
      $8,00
      BU:
      $3,05

0,1/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.69 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with T:spade: , T:diamond: . CO posts a blind of $0,25.
      5 folds, CO checks, BU calls $0,25, SB calls $0,15, Hero raises to $1,50, CO calls $1,25, BU calls $1,25, SB folds.

Flop: ($4,75) 9:heart: , A:heart: , 7:diamond: (3 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks, BU checks.

Turn: ($4,75) 5:spade: (3 players)
      Hero bets $3,50 (All-In), CO calls $3,50, BU folds.

River: ($11,75) K:heart: (2 players)

Final Pot: $11,75

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows a pair of tens (Ts Td)
      CO shows a flush, ace high (Th Jh)

CO wins with a flush, ace high (Th Jh)

And graph:

Okay session, pretty short but want to learn stats before i start mass tabling!

Any comments? :)
    • Swire
      Swire
      Bronze
      Lol i found it amusing reading your blog so far... At the start i have my preservations on your BRM but after this $500 increase from BJ and MTT win it seems you are rolling. Just wondering how many people was in the MTT?

Will be following your blog throughout the limits :)

Swire
    • luckysim1
      luckysim1
      Bronze
      There was 260 people in the MTT i think, so decent amount, but nowhere what amount it would have been at Pokerstars! I am back at pokerstars a bit, wont be playing at Bet365 until 7 october, then a race starts and i will SSS alot! :D
    • luckysim1
      luckysim1
      Bronze
      I have been playing some HU FL at Pokerstars, and this graph is a couple of weeks old, but sure do i make money when i find the right opponent!

• luckysim1
      luckysim1
      Bronze
      Still playing loads of FL HU at pokerstars, and it goes really well! I meet alot of people on tilt, and with sewere leaks i exploit. Will post a lifetime graph of all HU FL very soon! Getting loads of VPP and FPP, will be gold soon, and to be platinum would be really sweet!
    • KidPokersKid
      KidPokersKid
      Global
      Nice to see your playing FLHU one of my fav games :D just wondering what limits are you playing and what kind of BRM.. also how are you selecting tables on Stars... since its such a large platform I am sure you have a wide range of tables to pick from.