Monkeymode: I like to move it move it

• TwiceT
      TwiceT
      Black
      monkeymode ...

... a different poker blog by 2 monkeys ... about their poker-, party- & university-lives. :f_cool:

monkey A: TheLastNail aka TheCrazyNail aka TheCrazySlovacPsycho, Bratislava
      monkey B: TwiceT aka ThaSickestSoulreaderAndMindfuckerInTown, Vienna

what is this blog going to be about? its not a blog about poker only. its about our lifestyles as poker pros who party the shit out of vienna&bratislava and the rest of the universe, who study like gangsters getting best grades (well, we'll see :f_biggrin: ) and who take poker very serious and try to earn enough moniiiez to build europe's biggest city in the future by merging vienna and bratislava in some years, ruled by ... well ... us :f_biggrin:

also, we try to own vegas next summer. for this challenge, we need to earn some $$$ to play high stakes vs some fish like lederer.

in this blog u might find some decent party pics, academic posts after getting home @ 6 am from some club and plans how to become world leaders and making our planet a better place.

and, if u read carefully between the lines, there will be a lot of poker content.

the monkeys: TwiceT on the left, TheLastNail on the right. [yes, we had some vodka before :f_p: , it was taken during the golfcamp aka partycamp]

our logo:

our songs:
      we like to move it move it

2 white monkeys

stay tuned for some funky blog entries ...
  • 5758 replies
    • TwiceT
      TwiceT
      Black
      heyho boys and girls!

monkey B aka TwiceT introduces himself briefly:

i'm playing poker professionally since 01/08. i play nl10-nl2k hu/sh/fr, plo10-plo2k hu/sh, hu-sng up to 500, mtts up to ~ 500 and fl (especially hu) up to 5/10. on 2k im still a bit a fish though, would say im crushing nl10-600, winning smallish on 1k and dont have enough sample on 2k (but im up 5k muhahhahaha :f_cool: ). plo is a crazy game, variance is huuuuge, thats why i dont rly play plo all that much. but i feel my game is not too bad. fl hu is interesting, it kinda helps me improve my nl hu game as well. mtts: i actually just play sunday majors from time to time.

atm i work on specific parts of my game and grind it out a bit on nl400sh with an hourly above 200$ which i think is rly decent. looking forward to my 1k hourly in some years :f_grin:

im a coach at pokerstrategy for 6 months now and i'm also giving private coaching (which i was doing A LOT lately). if u want to flame one of my private coachings or one of my videos .... this blog is definitely the place to do so :f_p:

apart from poker: i finished my master degree in economics and business administrations in mid june. after i finished the tough last exam i was on a 3-months roadtrip which was awesome. i had a great time and got to know many nice ppl.

now im back in vienna and i start my 2nd master degree in "technical management" ... a mixture of general management, information technology, environmental engineering, project management and mathematics. i dont like playing poker only or working for 2k per month or so and i feel some additional education might not be too bad. since i want to be entrepreneur in my future life, some more knowledge might not be too bad. however, i wont take university as serious as i did with my first study, so i thought i rly need a blog where i can write some funky shit during my courses when i get bored too much :f_biggrin:

i definitely plan to finish, but im not focused on getting best grades or so (maybe TLN and me will set up some challenges though, so im not sure haha). last years i worked/studied a whole lot, so now i rly want to work on my poker play, earn a lot of moniiez, enjoy life, party a solid amount, drive around in my 911 like a monkey and think about how to make our planet a better place to be and what to expect from my life-gameplan.

im not the best poker player (but yeah, im decent :f_p: ) but i worked a lot on my poker/life mindset (which is by far the most important imo). so u wont ever read something about swings, bad beats, downswings and stuff in here and i wont ever whine around. this blog should be rly funny, if u dont like ironic, not super serious poker blogs, this one might not be for u. if u like to be a monkey as we are, this blog might be fun for u :f_grin:

im not sure how this blog develops, so let's see.
      that's it for now, i guess TLN will post his first reply in some hours when he is sitting in the back row @ uni and getting bored by his profs :f_biggrin:
    • BDL
      BDL
      Bronze
      Even though this blog is NL I will def. follow. Gl crushing life.
    • HannesNL
      HannesNL
      Bronze
      Perfect life imo :D
    • TwiceT
      TwiceT
      Black
      karlo's (former ps video section master of disaster) welcome party now in vienna. action @ prater, then famous schweizerhaus with some beer and strategy discussion with some grinder colleagues

btw: i like these fish-smileys, but why isnt there one like ":f_drunk:" or ":f_dance:" ? :f_biggrin:
    • kingdippy2008
      kingdippy2008
      Bronze
      i saw this blog and jizzed!

i can say that right?

The community always want to hear about sick players like you :)

Best of luck!

-Jack
    • TheLastNail
      TheLastNail
      Black
      greetings pokerworld!

The floor has been yielded to me, booyatchaka, so lets drop some intro for the monkey A aka TLN:

I am a 23yo poor semistudent (1y younger than TwiceT .. a lot of life before me! :D ) from a somewhat developing country called Slovakia. /central Europe:P /

Contrary to TwiceT who has been a gansta pretty much for all of his life, I ve been essentially just aimlessly roaming the outskirts of my previously stereotypical life, before finally making THE change.. Up to ~ 19yo my life primarily just consisted of school, but since I overcooked it a lot, the exhaustion brought me to question the purpose of life and such.. Long story short: I changed plans from going to US uni and pursue the carrer of a mathematician, to becoming a pro chess plr (but wasnt too good, coz started terribly late) to becoming a priest (studied spiritual questions a lot), to becoming a family man (i had a 2y long rel, which failed) to becoming a person who enjoys life with the fullest sips. =)

After several years of having school interrupted ((3y @ highschool even! ;) .. u know i am a psycho! :D :heart: .. i was rly searching for my answers hard and fulltime ;) :D ) I reevaluated priorities in life and decided this year to come back and study again from the 1st year: economical and financial math only in Bratislava (tho I had many options of going abroad, but ofc careeriestic orientation is faaar gone now).

One of the most responsible ppl for this is the monkey B who showed me some of his lifefucking strategies which i rly got to like very soon :D so I pretty much turned my back on playing high stakes poker for now and just enjoy life much more with a variety of activities. /school, parties - from a total noob /was at my first ever disco not even a year ago/ i pretty much fell in love with sick dancing action, other social activities /like just chatting in school with girls telling them sth abt sick poker incomes ;) :D ..etc, etc..

poker career:

my poker carreer is a rather short one. Started with 50$ from ps, and after randomly wasting my time on some microstakes SnG and going broke I won 1$ back in some freeroll.. Then started with 0.1SnG by applying some selfmade strategies, which took me back to sth ~20$, where in Sept 08 i started with NL2 CG and veeery slowly learnig from articles in here and some Hasenbraten vids.. this brought me to NL200 till Feb09 /i started playing more from Dec08, when i was moving to NL50 and was starting to think i could make potentially some worthwhile money/ I started to take poker as a proffesion in March, where i began to feel I was competitive on NL200. From then on started to analyze at my own too and developed my own game outside of the classical ABC box.

Now i play up to NL1k with hugely conservative BRM /like TwiceT does too/.
      I am sharing a lot of his ideas abt unnecessity to rly play high stakes, coz crushing midstakes is just soo easy money now and its a looot lower variance than NL1k+. However, I am trying to work on my game on a daily basis /tho not so much time now/ and am most prolly going to try and play high stakes some time soon, but need to move to a diff platform..

Yea, and i just rented my own flat here in BA /so prepared for some sicko action! :D / .. and am abt to buy a car /most prolly out of the: bmw 7 sedan
      series, but have to think abt it for a bit more, coz sport cars deffo have its merits too.. right TwiceT? :)

more pics to come, am just going to check out the flat now

-we like to move it, move it ... :f_cool: :s_cool:
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      :s_ugly: :f_ugly: I like to move it move it :f_ugly: :s_ugly:

I think this will be a great blog - so I already joined the Monkey Group ;D

Good luck with your University and poker ways - I'm sure you will have more fun than the average bear... errrr... I mean monkey :s_o:
    • travoltaJOHNy
      travoltaJOHNy
      Bronze
      Looks really interesting, this will be a must follow blog for me.
    • Huseens
      Huseens
      Bronze
      where in Sept 08 i started with NL2 CG and veeery slowly learnig from articles in here and some Hasenbraten vids..

So me for now. :) Good luck with your future goals. This will be an interesting blog. :f_love:
    • kingdippy2008
      kingdippy2008
      Bronze
      Yeah i have to admit the NL2 a year ago thing is sick, missed that bit.

Would like to know a bit about your BRM when you were moving up the limits. Im guessing it must have been quite aggressive right? Like 20 BI? :P Either that or shit loafs of volume?

Dont worry if you dont wanna answer them im just very interested :)

Regards,

-Jack
    • TheLastNail
      TheLastNail
      Black
      Originally posted by kingdippy2008
      Yeah i have to admit the NL2 a year ago thing is sick, missed that bit.

Would like to know a bit about your BRM when you were moving up the limits. Im guessing it must have been quite aggressive right? Like 20 BI? :P Either that or shit loafs of volume?

Dont worry if you dont wanna answer them im just very interested :)

Regards,

-Jack
      just a decent amount of volume.. i always used very conservative BRM .. but i ve played quite a lot, esp from February on i ve played ~100k hands/month (besides last 3months, in which i ve played only 40-70k), so i built it gradually..

damn it, now i should study.. i am having a test from English 2moro, and some homeworks, but i am not used to using my neurons sooo much.. :D i was excited abt speaking to 1 girl today on skype /former schoolmate/ , she s rly nice, but she got disconnected and now somehow cannot force myself to get into books.. bleh! But yea, being a smart guy takes a lot of effort, so lets fight! Maybe i even wont party this weekend, not sure, but i deffo need to brush upon some schoolfucking skillz.. and this takes some time for sure :(

so back to pooor studentmode :f_cry:
    • miskokvo
      miskokvo
      Bronze
      "getting best grades" i nearly pissed myself :D you will quit after 1-2 years :D ...

anyway gl guyz
    • TheLastNail
      TheLastNail
      Black
      just that we promised some pics.. so here they are, from one of Berlin parties..

we like to move it, move it! :f_biggrin:

nobody on a dancefloor yet?! no problem! just let monkeys in! :D

:D just pure monkeystyle :tongue:
    • TwiceT
      TwiceT
      Black
      6 am ... sick party with ~ 12 pokerstrategy players in vienna ..... we cruhed the dancfloors in 2 clubs......... .some nice girls aroun d... especially 2 semi-lesbains at the end muhahahahhahahhahahahaaahaahhahahahahahhahh boooooooyatchakaa. wow, itsn wedenseday and im totally cruseehd . uahahahhahahahah ahip iiiiiti :D

next parties. fiday + saturday :D

vienna rokczzzzzzzzz poker + party capital of europe

py d nd
    • TheLastNail
      TheLastNail
      Black
      :D sounds like a lot of fun sirrrrr... how abt those lesbians? :D got numbers?

btw: yesterday i was a emotionally a bit down, but now remembered with what i came to study: we have ntg to lose, we already have security to fall back up on and can live anyhow differently. So why to stress at school? .. yea, i just need to take it as fun and get to know if i like it or not more spontaneously.

ship, ship, today we have a pub meeting from the course, with some nice girls .. hope there ll be a lot of alcohol and gr8 atmosphere :P

so, lets fearlessly rock the best of this life ! :s_love:

powerrrrrr

we like to move it, move it :f_cool:
    • opal99
      opal99
      Black
      Originally posted by TheLastNail
      btw: yesterday i was a emotionally a bit down, but now remembered with what i came to study: we have ntg to lose, we already have security to fall back up on and can live anyhow differently. So why to stress at school? .. yea, i just need to take it as fun and get to know if i like it or not more spontaneously.
      Exactly what I think about school since I started with poker :D

Good luck guys; I'd like to see you crushing NL5k soon!
    • TheLastNail
      TheLastNail
      Black
      weeee.... just assingned for trampoline jumping as a sport in school for the year.. now were talking.. /ofc, this is to get used to flips, and then jump like crazy on powerisers, which i intend to buy asap afterwards

boooyatchaka!
    • TwiceT
      TwiceT
      Black
      booooyatchaka!!!!!!! jumping around like a monkey sounds like a decent plan sir!!!

im still a bit drunk from yesterday :f_biggrin: epic night.

good time to make a nl400 dual video now w/ ge5sterne :f_cool:

today europe league: Rapid Wien vs Celtic Glasgow
      after we destroyed HSV 2 weeks ago im positive we're gonna own this league :f_grin:
    • IIrabaukeII
      IIrabaukeII
      Bronze
      missing fotos and especially vids (u know which one i mean ;) ) from matrix/ the drinking before...

i'm still a bit drunk too... was totally crushed yesterday... but the hangover gives me upswing-powers :)