How did I play this KQo?

• davecc
      full ring NLHE
      Known players:

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.69 by

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with Q:club: , K:diamond:
      UTG2 folds, Hero calls $0.10, MP2 folds, MP3 calls $0.10, CO calls $0.10, SB folds, BB checks.

Flop: ($0.45) 2:club: , T:diamond: , 9:club: (4 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks, MP3 checks, CO bets $0.30, BB calls $0.30, Hero calls $0.30, MP3 folds.

Turn: ($1.35) 4:heart: (3 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks, CO bets $0.40, BB folds, Hero calls $0.40.

River: ($2.15) J:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $0.50, Hero raises to $2.35 (All-In), CO calls $1.85.

Final Pot: $6.85

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows a straight, king high (Qc Kd)
      CO shows a pair of nines (As 9s)

Hero wins with a straight, king high (Qc Kd)
      I was thinking it wasnt all that bad to call his small bets because I could make it up if I hit any of my cards.
      BB was constantly playing ace/king rag, so I wasnt worried about him.

Can I get an analysis please?
  • 4 replies
    • Hahaownedlolz
      IMO you shouldn't call the bet on the flop. you do have outs, but a gutshot straight draw and overcards isn't exactly a great hand.

You did get lucky on the river though, but if you ask me you shouldn't keep calling bets and hope you get lucky on the turn or river.
    • davecc
      Yeah I dont normally do it.. The only reason I called was because of the dead money from bb making it slightly better odds and expecting the BB to stay on the next bets as well..

Looking back I can see I was behind in odds for most(all) of it. 10 outs and only about 3-4:1 on my money.
    • excelgeo
      1. you played it pretty bad
      2. try the hands judging section of the forum, you get professional advice, it is really worth it :D
    • kingdippy2008
      Hello davecc,

What strategy are you playing? Did you double up playing Short Stack strategy or is this your own made up strategy?

Please trust all the strategies in the articles as they are all proven to work! Also follow a good bankroll management that is suggested. All these things will stop you from going broke ;)

Good luck and best regards,