• tevere
      regular 11$ SNG blinds 40/80

i have a decent stack of 1600 , in the small blind with JJ

the button, a possible stealer, but very probable with a decent hand (K10+, medium aces, 66+) raises to 240.

i figured i was ahead and went for a reraise to 600.

the problem with many players , as i have seen many times, is that they can't fold to normal reraises and almost always want to take a flop and fold after . ( but this information about this particular player i didn't have yet)

the flop comes with K 2 8 , and i realised i commited myself to the pot (witch was 1280)
      and went allin hoping he has no king. actually my preflop read was correct and unfortunately he had 88 making him a set.

after analyzing this hand i figure there were 2 better options for me, call and see a flop,play it cautiosly or go allin preflop. but should i go allin with 20 BB there. please discuss...
  • 6 replies
    • AlexanderD22
      Jacks are unplayable lol.

Seriously though, if you know many players never fold to a reraise with marginal hands it's a risk as they are likely to see a flop and possibly catch. Given you don't think a regular reraise will get him off the hand maybe flat call or shove? Even if you flat call in this spot and cbet or feeler bet you can get away from your hand when he raises or calls.

Not sure I'd be calling with 8s unless I had a huge stack compared to you. You didn't mention how big his stack was.

Of course all that said, I'm probably wrong. lol
    • lessthanthreee
      20bb is a perfect stack to reshove pre-flop. you cant re-raise to 600 because you commit yourself preflop. flatting is an option but you have to play out of position without initiative so its ugly. just re-shove and be happy to win 25% of your stack if he folds or have a good hand and most likely ahead if he calls.
    • zhenzhenZHEN
      i always shove to a steal if i know he is stealing
    • conall88
      shoving is perfect option when his stack is >20bb imo. He will overcall quite often if hes as stationey as you believe him to be, and your edge will show over time.

if you believe your fold equity is high and u wanna chip up, its another reason to shove, depending on his stack size.

If you believe you have low fold equity, u can just flat. again both options seem reasonable here, but I don't like raising pre. its call or shove imo.
    • Zervin311
      Against a button raise with 20BB I can't possibly understand how you can consider any play but shove. Why would you call and see a flop with one of the most vulnerable strong hands.. Shove or fold. And I doubt you want to fold.
    • lessthanthreee
      yes, you should go all in preflop for 20bb. thats a perfect situation with jacks. he will often call you with hands like this and you have him crushed for a 40bb pot :)