highstakes minsteals

• raun
      raun
      Bronze
      i play SSS.

on nl400 and nl600 i find that a lot of people are minstealing and i am wondering how i best defend against it as BB.

i can of course just resteal push (when i have the hand for it) but it dont think that is the most profitable solution because i risk a lot to win a little.

how about just calling and either float or perhaps call down tpnk against superaggressive players?

i have experimented a lot but i cant figure out how to best handle it.
  • 5 replies
    • lennonac
      lennonac
      Global
      The whole reason why stealing is mega profitable is because there is nothing the blinds can do. If its the SB stealing then you can flat or raise and have position.

I think I would reraise a few times, but as I am sure you know blind battles can get out of hand very quickly.

Probably just have to fold most of the time.
    • raun
      raun
      Bronze
      yeah im thinking about SBvsBB in particular.
      how much would you reraise then?
      in general i'd say these steal situations are a major leak in my game.
    • lennonac
      lennonac
      Global
      If its a blind battle I will flat quite often but if I am reraising I would make it 3-3.5x their raise, If you are sss Im not sure I like this as its too much of your stack so just flatting and betting the flop is a good line as you will do this as a bluff and you will do this with your monsters as well.(Im guessing you would slow play monsters to a obvious steal)
    • raun
      raun
      Bronze
      well since i most often resteal push against steals i also do that with my monsters so as to balance my play.

so you would flat very loose right? how aggressive would you play it?
      i realise it if course depends on the opponent.

i believe the opponent would often cbet so would you try to float?
      and if you know it is a superaggressive opponent would you call down a midpair?
    • SheepMoose
      SheepMoose
      Bronze
      The only reason you're getting minstealed is because you're a shorty, and they want to risk the minimum while stealing to win the maximum.

So just stick to your normal strategy, NL400 players would adjust so quickly you would soon find yourself being minstealed with monsters more often.