15 + 100 + 5000 = points to clear...

My Suggestion:

10 + 15 + 75 = $100
      15 + 100 + 1000 = points to clear

OR

10 + 15 + 25 + 50 = $100
      15 + 100 + 300 + 800 = points to clear

Reason :

1. Those who reached 5000 points dont even care about referral program, who care about $100 bucks if they can make more by playing poker only. So those who care about it like me, thinking that 5000 points is too much for a beginner.

2. It will take very VERY VERY Long Time for a beginner to reach 5000 points.

3. As reason 2, less interest on referrer to refer since the last $75 is not easy to clear.

4. My two friends cleared the 1st $10, maybe soon the $15, but the last $75 will took them years to clear it since they play like 3-4 hours a week?

5. If PS, reduce the requirement for the last $75, maybe a lot more people will put more attention on refer a friend program.

6. The more people play, the more they profitable, the more Pstrategy $$$.
  • 4 replies
    • kingdippy2008
      kingdippy2008
      Bronze
      Hello Justin37,

I like your idea however you have to understand that PokerStrategy cant give away money lightely. The TAF program is definately an incentive to get members like you and me inviting more people. For this we get money.

However PokerStrategy will find it hard to lower the requirements for the whole as it digs into their profits. The reason that it is set at 5000 points is because at this stage the player has created enough rake for PokerStrategy that they can afford to give out the extra $75.

Imagine that a new player makes 100 SP. Now if he plays at a site like Mansion Poker he will receive 4 SP for every $1 in rake he pays. So this means the player will have payed $25 in rake. (100/4 = $25)

Now at this $100 stage PokerStrategy gives out $25 to you the referer. But not only that PokerStrategy probably does not get all the rake that player created. So that can mean that the player actually made PokerStrategy $15, and then they are giving $25 to you which would make a loss of $10.

Now with this big jump in SP for $75 this means that PokerStrategy can make profit from the player and also give you the extra $75. I think the fact they give you $25 after 100 SP is a very good incentive to get a lot more players in as then you can earn more and PokerStrategy gets more players tracked through them.

Now ofcourse this goes a little deeper as TAF money you receive is used and you pay rakes on the tables you play with it at but this is just the basic framework. I like your idea of smaller incremental gaps and i will pass the idea on, but i hope i have explained to you about the basic reasons why :)

Also please understand that i do not work at PokerStrategy so i do not fully know about the whole system. Hopefully someone like Xantos can help clear this up for you.

Good luck and best regards,

-Jack
    • Justin37
      Justin37
      Bronze
      I never play Mansion poker since, they are banning player from my country.

Just wanna add some changes:

Lower the requirement or smaller incremental for certain site which strategy points are not easy to get.

I play tilt and pokerstars site, and i must say it is more easy to get points from tilt compare to pokerstars.

Tilt got double points if 2 same tables played, stars dont have any.
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Justin37
      I never play Mansion poker since, they are banning player from my country.

Just wanna add some changes:

Lower the requirement or smaller incremental for certain site which strategy points are not easy to get.

I play tilt and pokerstars site, and i must say it is more easy to get points from tilt compare to pokerstars.

Tilt got double points if 2 same tables played, stars dont have any.
      Hi Justin,

I'm afraid the points/platform are pretty much unchangable at the moment. PokerStrategy has negotiated the best possible rate it can with each platform.

Just wanted to mention too that any special promotions e.g. Full Tilt Take2/happy hour are outside of the PokerStrategy points and are solely additional player points on those platforms.

You can only earn PokerStrategy points by playing/paying rake & tournament fees, so only base FTP or other platform points will count.

Hope this clarifies it a little,

Bart
    • Xantos
      Xantos
      Bronze
      Originally posted by kingdippy2008
      Imagine that a new player makes 100 SP. Now if he plays at a site like Mansion Poker he will receive 4 SP for every $1 in rake he pays. So this means the player will have payed $25 in rake. (100/4 = $25)

Now at this $100 stage PokerStrategy gives out $25 to you the referer. But not only that PokerStrategy probably does not get all the rake that player created. So that can mean that the player actually made PokerStrategy $15, and then they are giving $25 to you which would make a loss of $10.
      The basic logic is absolutely right - but reality is even more extreme :)

It would be great if we got 60% of the gross rake, but in fact it's far far less in average.

On iPoker (where Mansion is), ~20% of the gross rake are fixed costs for the iPoker network.

Another 40% go away in all bonus costs and similar.

We then get a share on the remainder.

So in fact we hand out $50 to new players AND $25 to those who referred them while we are still in a loss.

Changing the system in the ways you suggested would make it way more expensive - too expensive, in average.

You also need to see that we have a lot of ongoing costs, i.e. for running the websites, for our share on the costs of all promotions & of course for our services & poker content.

A high-limit player needs to be well paid e.g. if you want him to teach our community how to be a sustainable winner.

Maybe the TaF freerolls are the nice little added value in our Tell-A-Friend programme you looked for?
      Look here: http://www.pokerstrategy.com/news/pokerstrategy/Introducing-Tell-a-Friend-Freerolls-in-November_24719