PStars -5BI downswing, tilting!

• cwpeter89
      cwpeter89
      Bronze
      My first major downswing and tilting session. Lost 5BI's altogether.

PT3 stats avg 17 VPIP/10 PR/55 AgrF

Did not manage to hit a single trips all night going in with Call20, totaled 26 pocket pairs this session of which around 20 were below 99!

KK cracked twice, and lost on 2 out of 3 QQs

Sigh I'm gonna take a break now, rest up and hope for a better day tomorrow!

Stole this from another thread, but lets use this as a checklist of todays session -
      "1. Garbage starting hands
      2. Missing every single flop
      3. Being dealt cooler hands all day long (KK vs AA etc..)
      4. Being re-raised 90% of the time regardless of board texture or position
      5. Getting zero action when you finally hit something
      6. Winning small useless pots, and losing the important ones"

1. Tick
      2. Tick
      3. Tick
      4. Tick
      5. Tick
      6. Tick

BINGO! NOW WHERE'S THE PRIZE!

/tilt
      /downswing
  • 10 replies
    • vladnz
      vladnz
      Bronze
      lol losing 5bi is something standard , don't worry about it :D

just take a break from poker.
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      Hope this makes you feel better.
      Also stars.
      NL10
    • andreibalint
      andreibalint
      Bronze
      Like most of the players around will tell you 5BB is NOTHING! I had a 20BB downswing on NL4 SH (4!!!) and a nice 36BB (rake excluded) downswing playing SnG's. You'll have to get used to it! Good luck!
    • DJG
      DJG
      Bronze
      Originally posted by andreibalint
      Like most of the players around will tell you 5BB is NOTHING! I had a 20BB downswing on NL4 SH (4!!!) and a nice 36BB (rake excluded) downswing playing SnG's. You'll have to get used to it! Good luck!
      Bi not BB. @ op, hang in there mate I just recovered form a viscous downswing, losing 20% of my BR in two days. But I got it together and just played the best I could finally making almost half my loses back in hours.
    • cwpeter89
      cwpeter89
      Bronze
      Cheers guys!

Everyone knows poker has it's ups and downs. As long as one can stand tough, think with the head and not with the heart, pulling through the downswings is just a matter of time. As long as we win big, lose small, we're gaining ground and progress!

But as always, it's easier said than done. The thought of having a downswing makes one play cautious and someone unrational compared to otherwise, over come this and it's all good :)
    • cwpeter89
      cwpeter89
      Bronze
      I'm through with the downswing! After 4 hrs of NL5/10 BSS today I'm now 4.6BI up, gonna take a rest now and keep going up tomorrow!

Looks like the /downswing command worked :)
    • michaelqian
      michaelqian
      Bronze
      Having a bit of downswing myself, lost 3BI today but I know it's not much.

Moved up and have been oscillating up and down, started really well, then got really average.

Today was especially frustrating, missing almost every flop and constantly getting re-raised preflop when I raise with smallish hands.

AA and KK these are getting zero action. It's almost like they can see my cards...reraise me when I have 55, instant fold when I have AA or KK.
    • sirilidion
      sirilidion
      Gold
      lol - 5 BI I wouldn't even call that an downswing :D . have had already had a few times I lost more then 30 BI an the SnG's and still managed to pull through. of course with bss it is less common to lose 5 bi still it is not anything to worry about ;) . Remember that the difference between a good player and a mediocre one is that a good player can maximise his profit when he is running hot and minimise his losses when he is running bad. And the only way to do the latter is not letting short term results effect you're game. keep playing you're best and keep putting you're money in when you are in front and the money will come in the long run :s_cool: .
    • andreibalint
      andreibalint
      Bronze
      Sorry, was thinking about BI and wrote BB... Anyway, it's incredibly frustrating but if there would be no big swings there would be no way to make money playing poker since fish would not win on the short term.
    • slowshow
      slowshow
      Bronze
      Originally posted by andreibalint
      Anyway, it's incredibly frustrating but if there would be no big swings there would be no way to make money playing poker since fish would not win on the short term.
      +1 :f_cool: