Skip to forum
Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] $6.50T - 88 UTG with 15bb

5 Posts
5 Users
0 Reactions
319 Views

Another awkward stack spot.

I sometimes open raise this for like 2.5bb but i really really hate these spots because my stack is so awkward im basically committed after raising and cbetting.

how do you guys play these medium strength hands in early/middle position with a weird 14-20bb stack

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, 6.5 Tournament, 40/80 Blinds (7 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

MP2 (t420)
CO (t435)
Button (t3715)
SB (t2730)
BB (t2880)
Hero (UTG) (t1260)
MP1 (t2060)

Hero's M: 10.50

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 8, 8
3 folds, CO bets t160, Button raises to t240, 2 folds, CO raises to t320, Button raises to t3715 (All-In), CO calls t115 (All-In)

Flop: (t990) J, 6, A (2 players, 2 all-in)

Turn: (t990) A (2 players, 2 all-in)

River: (t990) 8 (2 players, 2 all-in)

Total pot: t990


4 replies
Tim64
Joined: 03.11.2008
BlackMember

Well I agree that with our stack we don't really want to play this hand without committing ourselves to it. So, on that basis I either open shove this (because the only flop we will be happy to cbet has an 8 on it) or muck pre.

I'd marginally favour shoving this to folding. The chance of a higher overpair behind us only 18%, and we don't mind a flip that much as we are not getting itm without doubling up. With more than 16BB, I instamuck.

It's close though, and I think folding is fine.


LgWz
Joined: 26.05.2007
BlackMember

With your stack I just fold preflop. If it was a little bigger I'd go for a steal. Perhaps in this particular hand it's good to raise, because of the two shortstacks who might shove loose over you.


viewer88
Joined: 19.04.2008
Oldschool Grinder

fold preflop for me, you will often get in nasty postflop situations. TT+ or 99+ for me.


chenny8888
Joined: 03.10.2007
Elite Grinder

Hi all,

It's a raise (then fold to a reraise). But it's a fold UTG in 10- or 9-man situations.


Share: