Pablo's journey (level up to NL5!)

• pablomeza
      pablomeza
      Bronze
      :spade: :heart: :diamond: :club: INTRODUCTION:club: :diamond: :heart: :spade:

:spade: Hello everyone, my name is Pablo, I'm 21 years old and I'm from Mexico. I'm currently a student majoring in chemical engineering at a university here in Mexico City.

:spade: I've recently experienced alot of dilemma's in my life, and I have come to realize my major is simply not my passion, FAR from it in fact. My true passion is football but I am a bit too old to pursue that, even though I haven't given up hope just yet. And so I came across Poker Texas Hold'em. My other hobby is the Pokemon TCG which I am very succesful at (you can find out more about me by googling: Pablo Meza Pokemon) and currently run a website of that same hobby.

:spade: I've known how to play since 2004 but I was too young and too naive to fully understand the game and obviously to play it legally. Despite this though, I would organise private outings amongst my friends and I would most of the time beat them and win the money. I always knew I had potential to be a winning player, but when I discovered PokerStrategy I realized I had no idea whatsoever what actually knowing how to play Poker meant.

:spade: I registered since August and have had a rocky ride since then. SSS definately didn't work out for me, as I couldn't win a flip EVER and I nearly lost my starting capital. All that kept me afloat were the generous Full Tilt Poker bonuses and rakeback. Then I was slowly climbing and beating NL5 this month until I decided to switch to SnG's. It was a complete disaster and my $180 BR went all the way back down to $90 where it stands now. I'm definately switching back to NL from now on, and only playing the occasional Daily Dollar as far as SnG's/MTT's go, because one of my long term goals is to be a succesful Poker player in live Poker which is essentially MTT play.

:spade: [s]So I want November to be my fresh start. I think I'm already ahead of most beginners since I never lost my starting capital before deciding to focus myself to become a succesful Poker player and improve my skill by beating the different NL levels. I will be posting graphs and stuff every week at different intervals or when I feel like it.[/s]

:spade: :heart: :diamond: :club: GOALS:club: :diamond: :heart: :spade:

:heart: Short Term (November 1st - December 31st):

BSS
      • Beat NL2 in the course of 2 months and reach 35 BI's for NL5. 10/11/09 DONE!
      • Beat NL5 by getting 35 BI's for NL10. NEW!
      • Watch lots of NL BSS videos of the Bronze section.
      • Watch lots of NL BSS videos in the Silver section.
      • Qualifiy for Iron Man Silver in each month (December will be hard with all the events going on but I will still try).
      • Move from 8 table multitabling to 10 and then 12 tables. RETRY!

MTT
      • Finish ITM in at least one Daily Dollar tournament in November and December. DONE!
      • Finish higher than 700th place in at least one Daily Dollar tournament in November and December. NEW!

Self-Study / Psychology
      • Post hands for revision at least once every week, both well played and fish hands.
      • Get the PokerStrategy Elephant License - at 715 SP's.

:heart: Long Term (January1st - March 31st):
      • Beat NL10 by getting 35 BI's for NL25. NEW!
      • Obtain Gold status on PokerStrategy.

:heart: Super Long Term (Now until 3/4 years?):
      • Become one of the first mexican Black Members of PS.com.

:heart: Lifetime:
      • Study, review sessions, watch videos, get involved in discussions, never stop learning.
      • Learn to control my tilt, which I KNOW is my biggest weakness right now.
      • STOP being a curious cat and paying to see other people's cards despite me knowing I'm beat. Happens to me way too often. I don't call with rubbish, but I do with marginal hands.

:spade: :heart: :diamond: :club: ACCOMPLISHMENTS:club: :diamond: :heart: :spade:
      • Beat NL2 in the course of 2 months and reach 35 BI's for NL5. 10/11/09 DONE!
      • Finish ITM in at least one Daily Dollar tournament in November and December. 10/11/09 DONE!

:diamond: And that's it for now. I hope people will follow this noob's blog in my attempt to becoming a succesful Poker player in Mexico. I will of course try to post hands and interesting events from my sessions on here.
  • 37 replies
    • pablomeza
      pablomeza
      Bronze
      Glad to see i have had at least some Views on my blog, hopefully I'll get a few replies after this first post :) .

November started out with a losing session. There really was nothing I could do when going up against NL2 fishies and I simply lost more times when I was ahead before putting the money in than I won but it's just all part of the game.

I also took part in the FTOPS XIV Warm Up. Payed with FT Points so as to not mess with my bankroll and ended up in 5290th place and won a whopping $10 hehe. Not bad for my first 'serious' MTT apart from the Daily Dollars, whichI have also played in but my best has been 4500th place or so so far this past week and I didn't play yesterday cause I had already played in the FTOPS.

EDIT: Nevermind Elephant is not acting up anymore so I can post graphs and stuff now.

Also a question which I hope somebody can help me. I usually type out the date, table and cards I was dealt at an interesting hand so I can then go look it up in the Hand History and save it for revision or posting, but is there an easier method than this?

Thanks for reading guys, I will be starting my 3 hour session for today now.
    • pablomeza
      pablomeza
      Bronze
      Well it's me again, just wanting to comment on my 2 sessions yesterday.

Session number 1 went slow, I was not getting many playable hands and I ended up only about +$3 but the night session along with the Daily Dollar went great.

I ran into a very nice heater, as shown by the following 3 hands:

Ad6d FLUSH
      AsQs FLUSH

I ended up +$13.96 and could've been more if my pocket A's hadn't been cracked by a set of 4's in one of the last hands I played.

As for MTT's, I played the Daily Dollar yesterday as well and I was doing pretty good. Less than 1500 players left and I was deepstacked with around 25,000 chips with blinds at 250/500. Then came my death.

I was BB with A8o, and there were 5 limpers to the hand. I simply checked and the flop revealed A8T rainbow. I bet the pot, hopefully getting a call from another Ax, and I got a shove from UTG2 who had 52,000 chips. It was folded to me where I called the shove and he showed AKo. Turn brought a 4d and river brought a Kh. I was frustrated at the time, because if he had even min raised from UTG2 I would've folded my hand and be done with it. Who the hell limps with AK in UTG? :( . If he hadn't limped I would've kept on playing and maybe even finished ITM, or if he hadn't hit his 3 outer I would've been in a very nice position to finish in a good spot. Oh well I was behind pre-flop so I know if I had been him and lost I would've been triple frustrated, even if he played the hand horribly.

And that's it for now. With my win from the FTOPS and yesterdays earnings from the nice little NL2 fishies I am up to $126.38. Hopefully this continues and I can reach my goal of $175 to move up to NL5 soon.

I have also managed 71 and 51 FTP's in the first 2 days of November, and I intend to make aother 50 today to help me qualifiy for Iron Man this month.

I will post a graph for the first week of November on Friday.
    • lozz08
      lozz08
      Bronze
      Hi Pablo,

Congratulations on a very good start to your career. You seem very well-adjusted to poker.

In term of your tourney loss, It becomes a question of risk and return for me. You had 25k chips left- 50 big blinds. This is a comfortable spot.

The question is, you have to weigh it up. What is worth more? Going from 50 bb to 100 bb, or being knocked out of the tourney? I'm sure you'd take the option of remaining at the amount you had left for certain, rather than risking a good position. For this reason I am folding that flop, because even though you are often ahead, sometimes, you are not, and sometimes, you get sucked out on, like you did.

Look into the independent chip model for more info- basically chips gained are worth less than chips lost.

Best of luck.
    • pablomeza
      pablomeza
      Bronze
      Originally posted by lozz08
      Hi Pablo,

Congratulations on a very good start to your career. You seem very well-adjusted to poker.

In term of your tourney loss, It becomes a question of risk and return for me. You had 25k chips left- 50 big blinds. This is a comfortable spot.

The question is, you have to weigh it up. What is worth more? Going from 50 bb to 100 bb, or being knocked out of the tourney? I'm sure you'd take the option of remaining at the amount you had left for certain, rather than risking a good position. For this reason I am folding that flop, because even though you are often ahead, sometimes, you are not, and sometimes, you get sucked out on, like you did.

Look into the independent chip model for more info- basically chips gained are worth less than chips lost.

Best of luck.
      Thanks for the comment lozz08!

Thinking back now with that train of thought, of course that would have been a better option, and seeing how I was so close to the bubble and with a comfortable M of 30+, I do agree now I should've waited and simply check/folded that hand despite probably having the best hand and being way ahead at the time, and let other players KO each other out.

I have looked at the ICM and read alot of articles for SNG's and all of the MTT ones, but I have only practiced with the ICM Trainer Light. I reckon I'll first practice and pass 100% with the ICM Trainer before I give it another shot.

Thanks for the comment and bets of luck to you too!
    • pablomeza
      pablomeza
      Bronze
      Hello it's me again, with an update for everyone. I wasn't able to play on Tuesday due to a Biochem exam on Wednesday (aced it, but that's irrelevant). Played 2 sessions yesterday and just finished one today. Yesterday's sessions went pretty good. I started off nice, then lost the last few pots of the session and was almost break even. Then in the afternoon session I ran into a nice heater after a huge downswing and ended up +$10 on the day.

Today's session ended prematurely as things just werent going my way and I was definately not playing my A-game. I was slowplaying too much and this cost me alot of times. Slowplaying was the difference between ending a session even or ending in -$6 which is how it went.

Here are 4 hands from my session from today:

Nuts draw, but I suck at playing these. Comments on it would be nice!
      Slowplaying sets is -$EV. - Because I tried to stack my opponent, it got turned around on me as he was holding AQ for the nuts backdoor straight.

And the lol hands and this is how this bad session started out:

"Nuts draw" according to my opponent.

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $2.56
      Hero:
      $2.00
      UTG1:
      $3.70

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.69 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with K:heart: , K:diamond:
      UTG1 raises to $0.08, 6 folds, SB calls $0.07, Hero raises to $0.32, UTG1 calls $0.24, SB calls $0.24.

Flop: ($0.96) 9:club: , 2:club: , 3:club: (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.80, UTG1 folds, SB calls $0.80.

Turn: ($2.56) 8:heart: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.88 (All-In), SB calls $0.88.

River: ($4.32) J:club: (1 players)

Final Pot: $4.32

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows una pareja de reyes (Kh Kd)
      SB shows color, rey alta (Qd Kc)

SB wins with color, rey alta (Qd Kc)

His comment after he beats me: "I had good pot odds to call on the flop but you played it well despite being behind all the time to my nuts draw."

And this one:

In NL2, any suited two is the nuts!

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      UTG1:
      $1.58
      UTG2:
      $0.48
      MP1:
      $1.11
      Hero:
      $2.00

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with K:spade: , K:heart:
      UTG1 calls $0.02, UTG2 calls $0.02, MP1 calls $0.02, Hero raises to $0.14, 5 folds, UTG1 calls $0.12, 2 folds.

Flop: ($0.35) J:club: , 4:spade: , 7:diamond: (2 players)
      UTG1 bets $0.32, Hero raises to $1.00, UTG1 raises to $1.44 (All-In), Hero calls $0.44.

Turn: ($3.23) 9:heart:
      River: ($3.23) T:diamond: (1 players)

Final Pot: $3.23

Hero shows una pareja de reyes (Ks Kh)
      UTG1 shows escalera, jota alto (4h 8h)

UTG1 wins with escalera, jota alto (4h 8h)

After 2.5 hours I decided it was enough, and I had no idea how far ahead or behind I was in terms of profit, good thing I stopped this bad session at -3BI's as I was tilting and tilt made me do this which is when I simply closed all the tables to stop me from losing any more money:

I'm still a TAG fish :(

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      UTG2:
      $2.00
      Hero:
      $2.28

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A:diamond: , Q:heart:
      UTG2 raises to $0.08, Hero raises to $0.24, 6 folds, UTG2 calls $0.16.

Flop: ($0.51) K:club: , 8:club: , 2:spade: (2 players)
      UTG2 checks, Hero bets $0.35, UTG2 calls $0.35.

Turn: ($1.21) 7:club: (2 players)
      UTG2 checks, Hero bets $1.69 (All-In), UTG2 calls $1.41 (All-In), Hero gets uncalled bet back.

River: ($4.03) Q:diamond: (1 players)

Final Pot: $4.03

Hero shows una pareja de damas (Ad Qh)
      UTG2 shows una pareja de reyes (Ah Kd)

UTG2 wins with una pareja de reyes (Ah Kd)

And well that's it for now. Hopefully this post has been more interesting than my last few and I get a few more comments. I will post tomorrow my final week earnings + my weekly graph on my play. I'm hoping to have a morning session tomorrow but I doubt I'll be able to play in the afternoon. Looking forward to the weekend fishies though!

Thanks for reading :s_biggrin: !
    • pablomeza
      pablomeza
      Bronze
      Well this post comes a bit earlier than expected, since some friends are coming over to practice the Pokemon TCG and then afternoon + night it's friends + party time, maybe even live poker against certified fishes :s_biggrin: :s_grin: .

I just finished my 2 hour session for today. Played 1.2k hands and ended up +$7.55 which compensates for yesterday's session and a bit extra which is always nice. Add to this most likely $5 or so of rake and it will have been a very nice +$EV week for me :) .

This is how my first week went:

I played just under 10,000 hands, but I still have the weekend for longer session against nice fishes.

My total winnings for the week were:

NL2: +$24.97
      MTT's: +$10
      Bankroll: $137.03

My goals so far this week have been going nicely and have helped me maintain a straight head and for me to play my A-game.

[*]Beat NL2 in the course of 2 months and reach 35 BI's for NL5. - this one is going nicely, and I'm already at 27 BI's, only 8 away to move up to NL5. I don't want to move to fast though, and might extend this goal to 40BI's ($200) so that I feel comfortable 100%. I will decide it when I get there.

[*]Watch all the NL BSS videos of the Bronze section. - this is working out nicely, I've been watching a video daily, and sometimes even 2. I've been alternating between watching english and spanish videos, and I hope to attend a coaching soon.

[*]Post hands for revision at least once every week, both well played and fish hands. - I've actually been posting daily which is nice. I always have a notepad file open when playing so that I can easily remember the hands I want to get reviewed.

[*]Get the PokerStrategy Elephant License - at 542 SP's. - Slowly getting there, but my half sessions and my lack of play due to school slowed this down. I should gather a bigger volume of SP's this weekend. No hurry for this one though.

[*]Learn to control my tilt, which I KNOW is my biggest weakness right now.
      [*]STOP being a curious cat and paying to see other people's cards despite me knowing I'm beat. Happens to me way too often. I don't call with rubbish, but I do with marginal hands.

These 2 have been the hardest, and although I do feel I have improved, by folding A's to wait for a better spot against the fish, I could feel tilt yesterday and made a stupid move. good thing I finished my session right aftr that stupid move, before I could make any more. All of this is an improvement which is good and I hope it continues that way.

Finally here are the highlight hands of today's session, 2 of which I want to get reviewed, and the final LOL one that always makes you happy to stack someone.

Set of 3's coolered. - Villains had set of 6's and 8s7s.
      Being passive is not +$EV!

T3 is the nuts!

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $2.00
      BB:
      $1.00
      UTG2:
      $0.78
      Hero:
      $3.22

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with J:spade: , J:heart:
      UTG2 calls $0.02, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0.10, 2 folds, SB calls $0.09, BB calls $0.08, UTG2 calls $0.08.

Flop: ($0.40) 4:heart: , 3:spade: , 4:club: (4 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, UTG2 bets $0.40, Hero raises to $1.60, 2 folds, UTG2 calls $0.28 (All-In), Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Turn: ($1.76) T:club:
      River: ($1.76) A:spade: (1 players)

Final Pot: $1.76

Hero shows dos pares, jotas y cuatros (Js Jh)
      UTG2 shows dos pares, dieces y cuatros (Ts 3c)

Hero wins with dos pares, jotas y cuatros (Js Jh)

Well once again, if you have reached this spot, thanks for reading! Looking forward to the weekend for many reasons:

• Chelsea vs Man U - GOOO CHELSEA!
      • Weekend FullTilt fishies!
      • 2 soccer games after a holiday weekend last week. Gotta keep up the pace with my 2 teams!
      • Live Poker tonight hopefully!
    • Dante63s
      Dante63s
      Bronze
      Nice blog Pablo!

Too bad you runned bad on NL5, you will get their soon. I was playing NL2 PLO the other day and it was amazing! They make you tilt :tongue:

Good luck on your journey ;)
    • PsychoFin
      PsychoFin
      Bronze
      Great start to your poker blog man! I also checked out some Pokemon related stuff. I was into Magic in the past, and never had a look at Pokemon, heh.
      Looking forward for the next update, and good luck!

Cheers,
      Psycho
    • pablomeza
      pablomeza
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Dante63s
      Nice blog Pablo!

Too bad you runned bad on NL5, you will get their soon. I was playing NL2 PLO the other day and it was amazing! They make you tilt :tongue:

Good luck on your journey ;)
      Thanks Dante! This wouldn't be possible without your initial guidance in San Diego. I'm so glad I met you :s_grin: . And yes NL2 can be quite frustrating and tilting, but if I can survive the micro stakes and it helps me develop an anti-tilting attitude, it's definately a good situation for me :) .

Originally posted by PsychoFin
      Great start to your poker blog man! I also checked out some Pokemon related stuff. I was into Magic in the past, and never had a look at Pokemon, heh.
      Looking forward for the next update, and good luck!

Cheers,
      Psycho
      Thanks for posting PsychoFin! Did you google: Pablo Meza Pokemon? Hehe hope you read good things about me :s_biggrin: . I once tried to play Magic but it was too expensive for a 15yo to keep up with both Pokemon and Magic so I stuck with Pokemon and it has definately payed it's dividends. In 6 years of playing I've made $12k on prizes alone, without counting free trips to places like Hawaii. Hopefully my Poker skills will net me these type of prizes in the future.

And well to please you here is my next update, though small since I'm feeling groggy at the moment and have been all day.

It's been really really cold in Mexico. Combine this with yesterday's party ending at 4am, and I woke up at 8am for my football match (I scored once and had 2 assists on our 3-0 win :s_cool: ) and then I had a family reunion so I didn't get my afternoon nap and I figured I'd only play half an hour and in 4 tables only just to try and cash in on some fishies, but at the first sight of non A-game I'd quit the session.

Thankfully the session went quite well and I felt confident enough and started opening up the extra tables and played more time. Played just over500 hands but made a profit of $5.80 which is very nice (55.34 BB/100) and had alot of interesting hands, since I loosened up a bit for all the fish present and even though my monster pockets didn't get payed off much, I completed some nice draws and I also got some huge monsterdraws as well which were payed off which was very nice.

Here are some sample hands from the session which I think were interesting.

1.- Here here little fish, I have a monster waiting for you right here!

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      BB:
      $1.40
      Hero:
      $2.03
      CO:
      $2.00
      BU:
      $1.98

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with Q:diamond: , J:diamond:
      3 folds, Hero calls $0.02, MP3 folds, CO raises to $0.06, BU calls $0.06, SB folds, BB calls $0.04, Hero calls $0.04.

Flop: ($0.25) 9:diamond: , 7:club: , T:diamond: (4 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.20, CO calls $0.20, BU raises to $0.50, BB folds, Hero raises to $1.97 (All-In), CO folds, BU calls $1.42 (All-In), Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Turn: ($4.29) 3:diamond:
      River: ($4.29) 6:heart: (2 players)

Final Pot: $4.29

Hero shows color, dama alta (Qd Jd)
      BU shows una pareja de dieces (Ah Tc)

Hero wins with color, dama alta (Qd Jd)

2.- Ouch, I know how my opponent feels.

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      MP1:
      $3.25
      MP3:
      $3.48
      Hero:
      $2.00

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q:spade: , Q:club:
      MP1 calls $0.02, MP2 folds, MP3 calls $0.02, Hero raises to $0.12, 3 folds, MP1 calls $0.10, MP3 folds.

Flop: ($0.29) 6:heart: , 4:diamond: , Q:heart: (2 players)
      MP1 checks, Hero bets $0.10, MP1 calls $0.10.

Turn: ($0.49) K:diamond: (2 players)
      MP1 checks, Hero bets $0.12, MP1 raises to $0.24, Hero raises to $0.36, MP1 raises to $1.57, Hero raises to $1.78 (All-In), MP1 calls $0.21.

River: ($4.05) 7:club: (1 players)

Final Pot: $4.05

Hero shows trío, damas (Qs Qc)
      MP1 shows trío, seises (6c 6d)

Hero wins with trío, damas (Qs Qc)

3.- Cheap pot + nuts = niceness!

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      MP2:
      $2.07
      Hero:
      $2.00

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with T:spade: , Q:spade:
      2 folds, MP2 raises to $0.06, Hero calls $0.06, 4 folds.

Flop: ($0.15) J:club: , K:heart: , 9:heart: (2 players)
      MP2 bets $0.10, Hero raises to $0.30, MP2 raises to $2.01 (All-In), Hero calls $1.64 (All-In), MP2 gets uncalled bet back.

Turn: ($4.03) Q:heart:
      River: ($4.03) 8:diamond: (1 players)

Final Pot: $4.03

Hero shows escalera, rey alto (Ts Qs)
      MP2 shows una pareja de reyes (Kc Ah)

Hero wins with escalera, rey alto (Ts Qs)

4.- AI PF against unknown fish, worth the risk!

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $3.57
      CO:
      $0.90

Preflop: Hero is SB with A:spade: , K:spade:
      4 folds, CO raises to $0.14, BU folds, Hero raises to $1.00, BB folds, CO calls $0.76 (All-In), Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Flop: ($1.82) 7:spade: , Q:club: , 4:spade:
      Turn: ($1.82) Q:heart:
      River: ($1.82) 9:spade: (1 players)

Final Pot: $1.82

Hero shows color, as alta (As Ks)
      CO shows trío, damas (Ah Qs)

Hero wins with color, as alta (As Ks)

5.- And now a losing one: Damn you overbetting fishes!

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      BB:
      $2.09
      UTG2:
      $4.52
      MP1:
      $1.14
      Hero:
      $2.01
      BU:
      $3.68

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with K:spade: , T:spade:
      UTG1 folds, UTG2 calls $0.02, MP1 calls $0.02, MP2 folds, Hero calls $0.02, CO folds, BU calls $0.02, SB folds, BB raises to $0.10, UTG2 calls $0.08, MP1 calls $0.08, Hero calls $0.08, BU folds.

Flop: ($0.43) 5:spade: , K:heart: , 6:heart: (4 players)
      BB bets $0.42, UTG2 calls $0.42, MP1 calls $0.42, Hero folds.

Turn: ($1.69) Q:spade: (3 players)
      BB bets $1.57 (All-In), UTG2 calls $1.57, MP1 calls $0.62 (All-In).

River: ($5.45) 6:spade: (1 players)

Final Pot: $5.45

UTG2 shows color, dama alta (7s 9s)
      MP1 shows dos pares, reyes y seises (7d Kd)
      BB shows una pareja de seises (7c Ah)

UTG2 wins with color, dama alta (7s 9s)

I will be posting some tomorrow for review, as well as hoping to feel better and have a longer session tomorrow (though pending homework might be an issue in the next few days).

Once again thanks for reading guys!
    • pablomeza
      pablomeza
      Bronze
      Hello everyone, just wanted to make a quick update post. My last session was a short one, only lasted 45 minutes but I managed to earn me 3 BI's :) . My BR is currently at $157.99 and I can smell NL5 on the horizon now.

I wasn't able to play at all during the weekend cause of football + family activities and my unusual flu state, which I am almost fully recovered from and should be fine by Wednesday at the most. I'll pick up my pace of 2.5k hands per day from Wednesday, since tomorrow will be quite a heavy duty day between a final presentation for one class, my 3rd semester exam for Inorganic Chemistry and then all afternoon spent finishing up a Biochemistry paper due in Wednesday. After this though, Wednesday - Monday (national holiday :) ) should be spent wisely grinding the tables to make up for my low activity these past few days and work my roll up to my first monetary goal of 35 BI's for NL5.

So far I have 27k hands played at NL since the beginning in August, and I'm running at 3.86BB/100 which is standard and good IMO, considering I've really only picked up the pace since November and now I truly feel I know how to play Poker. My stats for NL5 are disgraceful though after 22k hands and I will be looking forward to improve them along with my Poker skills, as both go hand in hand.

Well thanks for reading, and I promise my next few posts will be far more interesting in terms of Poker and less about my general life :P .

:s_grin:
    • pablomeza
      pablomeza
      Bronze
      Things are looking bright in my future :s_cool: . I got everything (difficult) in school done and over with for the week and I am feeling good now in terms of my health.

Today I played a 1.5k hands session and finished up $13.01 bringing my total bankroll to $171.00, only $4 away from my 35 BI goal to move up to NL5. I had never felt so confident with my play, and I thought it was going to be the other way around with me being MIA for almost a week.

I honestly even feel I don't need to post hands from today's session. I know I played 1 hand too loose, and that's the one I will post on the forums, but aside from that the ones I post here I feel were played incredibly well, and I can definately 'feel' a change in my mentality towards approaching bets/raises/folds etc. and making all the +$EV decisions. the hands I did lose today, I was always ahead when the money went in, so I'm happy with my decisions and would always make the same decisions every time if I had to.

One thing I have realized I have to work on is my end of session attitude. When I know my time is about to be up, I unclick 'automatically post-blinds' buttons on every table, and just play the hands until right before I have to post a blind. I noticed today my play loosens up then, because I it's the end and I had an idea that I had made a profit for the day, so I didn't mind doing more loose plays and this definately cost me money and was when I made the -$EV play.

Here are 2 sample hands each: winning and losing, to show how my decisions keep improving and the final hand showing my single -$EV decision of the day.

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $2.21
      Hero:
      $2.39
      BU:
      $1.86

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with J:diamond: , J:club:
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0.08, 2 folds, BU calls $0.08, SB calls $0.07, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.26) Q:heart: , 8:club: , J:heart: (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.15, BU raises to $0.56, SB calls $0.56, Hero raises to $2.31 (All-In), BU calls $1.22 (All-In), SB calls $1.57 (All-In), Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Turn: ($6.30) 5:heart:
      River: ($6.30) 3:spade: (1 players)

Final Pot: $6.30

Hero shows trío, jotas (Jd Jc)
      SB shows dos pares, damas y ochos (8s Qc)
      BU shows dos pares, damas y jotas (Qs Js)

Hero wins with trío, jotas (Jd Jc)

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $2.03
      CO:
      $3.14

Preflop: Hero is UTG2 with Q:heart: , A:diamond:
      Hero raises to $0.08, 3 folds, CO raises to $0.14, 3 folds, Hero calls $0.06.

Flop: ($0.31) J:heart: , Q:club: , A:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.20, CO calls $0.20.

Turn: ($0.71) 5:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.45, CO calls $0.45.

River: ($1.61) 6:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.24 (All-In), CO calls $1.24.

Final Pot: $4.09

Hero shows dos pares, ases y damas (Qh Ad)
      CO shows una pareja de reyes (Kd Ks)

Hero wins with dos pares, ases y damas (Qh Ad)

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      MP1:
      $0.53
      MP2:
      $4.45
      Hero:
      $2.00

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q:club: , Q:diamond:
      UTG2 folds, MP1 calls $0.02, MP2 calls $0.02, MP3 folds, Hero raises to $0.12, 4 folds, MP2 calls $0.10.

Flop: ($0.29) 8:heart: , 3:spade: , 6:club: (2 players)
      MP2 checks, Hero bets $0.20, MP2 calls $0.20.

Turn: ($0.69) 7:diamond: (2 players)
      MP2 checks, Hero bets $0.55, MP2 raises to $1.10, Hero raises to $1.68 (All-In), MP2 calls $0.58.

River: ($4.05) A:heart: (1 players)

Final Pot: $4.05

Hero shows una pareja de damas (Qc Qd)
      MP2 shows escalera, ocho alto (4h 5h)

MP2 wins with escalera, ocho alto (4h 5h)

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      UTG1:
      $0.62
      Hero:
      $2.10
      MP3:
      $1.35

Preflop: Hero is UTG2 with A:club: , A:spade:
      UTG1 calls $0.02, Hero raises to $0.10, 2 folds, MP3 calls $0.10, 4 folds, UTG1 calls $0.08.

Flop: ($0.33) 8:heart: , J:spade: , Q:club: (3 players)
      UTG1 checks, Hero bets $0.20, MP3 raises to $1.25 (All-In), UTG1 folds, Hero calls $1.05.

Turn: ($2.83) A:heart:
      River: ($2.83) 4:spade: (1 players)

Final Pot: $2.83

Hero shows trío, ases (Ac As)
      MP3 shows escalera, as alto (Kd Td)

MP3 wins with escalera, as alto (Kd Td)

And now finally my loose call which I shouldn't have done:

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $0.99
      Hero:
      $2.63

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 9:spade: , 9:heart:
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.08, BU folds, SB raises to $0.99 (All-In), BB folds, Hero calls $0.91.

Flop: ($2.00) J:club: , 5:heart: , K:club:
      Turn: ($2.00) 7:heart:
      River: ($2.00) 3:diamond: (1 players)

Final Pot: $2.00

Hero shows una pareja de nueves (9s 9h)
      SB shows una pareja de damas (Qs Qh)

SB wins with una pareja de damas (Qs Qh)

And well right now I'm also playing the Daily Dollar. My chip stack is currently at 23,200 with blinds on 400/200 - 50a and 2000 players left, so only 650 more for ITM! Gotta be patient :) .

EDIT: Got ITM, and was shortstacked with KQo on the BB. Blind battle ended in an all in KQo vs QJs and villain hit the flush on the river. That guy went from a 10k short stack to 185k chip leader, so I was not surprised he got me that way, but still dissappointing when I could've doubled up to a comfortable 50k with blinds at 1200/600. Oh well, this is my best performance in the Daily Dollar and in such a massive MTT so far which I'm proud of. I'm glad I put the money in when being ahead, it's too bad sometimes it just doesn't work out, oh well! I earned a fabulous $2.60 to bring my roll to $173.60 and if I have a winning session tomorrow morning I will be looking forward to NL5 in the afternoon :s_love:
    • lozz08
      lozz08
      Bronze
      Thanks on a good blog,

IMO this is the most important stage for you, you feel really good, and can see a bright future. DON'T stop self-criticizing, PLEASE stay vigilant, give it one tilt session and you could lose it all. GL&HF.
    • pablomeza
      pablomeza
      Bronze
      Originally posted by lozz08
      Thanks on a good blog,

IMO this is the most important stage for you, you feel really good, and can see a bright future. DON'T stop self-criticizing, PLEASE stay vigilant, give it one tilt session and you could lose it all. GL&HF.
      Thanks for the comment lozz08. You are right I do feel really good, but I also know this major improvement has been majorly thanks to my increasing study + video watching + hand posting and session reviews. I feel like starting on NL5 will be like starting all over again, and I look forward to improving my game the same way I have up until now.

Self-criticism is definately the most important thing, and I will definately stay on the lookout for tilt. I know that even though I have improved, I am definately far from immune to it. GL&HF yourself :s_biggrin:

EDIT: I also added and modified a few of my goals, as well as putting a nice DONE! label to two of them, since I managed to finish ITM last night in the Daily Dollar.
    • pablomeza
      pablomeza
      Bronze
      What a day this has been. I've managed to play 2k hands today, but decided that $1.40 wasn't a big deal and I moved up to NL5. Now I remember why I kept tilting at that limit. It feels like all my monsters keep getting broken and I am put in weird situations. I also picked a very wrong time to play, it was 10:30am in Mexico, so around 5pmish in Europe and so there were alot of decent players out there, which made for more difficult decisions and some which I wasn't ready for on my first day back up at NL5.

Overall though I ended at +$6.77 after 2 1k hand sessions, one in the morning and one that ended just now. I was only able to stack someone once, where as I got stacked twice, so that definately didn't help. I saw I was making alot of mistakes, mainly out of frustration that my AJ+ hands never hit the right cards or never hit an A on the flop, and made a very dumb call with AJ in a hand I will post below. I definately intend to avoid these kind of situations, specially against unknown opponents and give them the benefit of the doubt and try to find better spots to take their money. I will do my cbet on the flop but won't waste my time with these hands anymore with a cbet/raise plan on the flop or throw a 2nd barrel if no help comes from the turn, as I seem to keep losing more money than winning in these situations.

I also faced AK vs AA once all in preflop, which really sucks but it's a cooler and there's nothing you can do about that, specially without stats or reads on new opponents. Aside from that I got AK vs AQ all in preflop and won that one so it was nice to compensate for my previous mistakes.

Definately alot learned and realized from this first session, and I'm happy it even ended on positive numbers, as my graph below shows I wasn't doing very good at the beginning.

Below are the most interesting hands from the session:

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      MP2:
      $11.97
      Hero:
      $5.32

0.02/0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 3:heart: , 3:club:
      2 folds, MP2 raises to $0.20, MP3 folds, Hero calls $0.20, 3 folds.

Flop: ($0.47) 3:diamond: , 9:spade: , Q:diamond: (2 players)
      MP2 bets $0.35, Hero raises to $1.00, MP2 calls $0.65.

Turn: ($2.47) 9:club: (2 players)
      MP2 checks, Hero bets $0.50, MP2 calls $0.50.

River: ($3.47) A:heart: (2 players)
      MP2 checks, Hero bets $2.00, MP2 calls $2.00.

Final Pot: $7.47

Hero shows full house, treses sobre nueves (3h 3c)
      MP2 shows dos pares, ases y nueves (Ad Td)

Hero wins with full house, treses sobre nueves (3h 3c)

I will definately try to avoid doing this in the future as it certainly has to be -$EV:

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      BB:
      $4.83
      Hero:
      $5.00
      MP3:
      $4.85

Preflop: Hero is UTG2 with A:club: , K:diamond:
      Hero raises to $0.20, 2 folds, MP3 calls $0.20, 3 folds, BB raises to $0.75, Hero calls $0.55, MP3 folds.

Flop: ($1.72) 7:spade: , 7:diamond: , T:club: (2 players)
      BB bets $1.00, Hero raises to $3.00, BB folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $3.72

Hero shows una pareja de sietes (Ac Kd)

Hero wins with una pareja de sietes (Ac Kd)

My fish/dumb/noob moment of today's session

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      UTG2:
      $5.84
      Hero:
      $5.00

0.02/0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A:spade: , J:heart:
      UTG1 folds, UTG2 raises to $0.15, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0.45, 4 folds, UTG2 calls $0.30.

Flop: ($0.97) 2:spade: , 8:diamond: , T:diamond: (2 players)
      UTG2 bets $0.50, Hero raises to $1.50, UTG2 raises to $3.00, Hero raises to $4.50, UTG2 raises to $5.39 (All-In), Hero calls $0.05 (All-In), UTG2 gets uncalled bet back.

Turn: ($10.07) 7:club:
      River: ($10.07) 3:club: (1 players)

Final Pot: $10.07

Hero shows carta alta as con kicker jota (As Jh)
      UTG2 shows trío, dieces (Ts Th)

UTG2 wins with trío, dieces (Ts Th)

What can you do? These are tilt testing hands.

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      MP1:
      $1.42
      MP2:
      $5.78
      MP3:
      $4.93
      Hero:
      $6.31

Preflop: Hero is BU with A:spade: , K:diamond:
      2 folds, MP1 calls $0.05, MP2 raises to $0.15, MP3 raises to $0.50, CO folds, Hero raises to $6.31 (All-In), 4 folds, MP3 calls $4.43 (All-In), Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Flop: ($10.13) 4:club: , 6:heart: , 2:spade:
      Turn: ($10.13) 8:spade:
      River: ($10.13) 4:heart: (1 players)

Final Pot: $10.13

Hero shows una pareja de cuatros (As Kd)
      MP3 shows dos pares, ases y cuatros (Ad Ah)

MP3 wins with dos pares, ases y cuatros (Ad Ah)

Well thanks once again for reading. Right now I'm only just going to play the Latin American Freeroll and see if I can get ITM vs all the fishes. I'm tired and not feeling in a real Poker playing mood, so more hands and the Daily Dollar will have to wait until tomorrow afternoon.
    • Skeat
      Skeat
      Bronze
      Nice blog!

Let's keep improving and get to NL10 soon =D
      I'm glad you are at FT and I am at PS though heheh.

Btw, how do you post the hands with stats?
      I'm using HEM and I can't find out how to do it, even at HEM forums they couldn't help me.

Good luck (yes, that is what is needed against fishes making hero calls at microstakes and sucking out) at the tables.
    • pablomeza
      pablomeza
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Skeat
      Nice blog!

Let's keep improving and get to NL10 soon =D
      I'm glad you are at FT and I am at PS though heheh.

Btw, how do you post the hands with stats?
      I'm using HEM and I can't find out how to do it, even at HEM forums they couldn't help me.

Good luck (yes, that is what is needed against fishes making hero calls at microstakes and sucking out) at the tables.
      Thanks! We should definately keep improving and it's good we aren't competing for fishes on the same site :s_grin: .

The hands I post with stats I take them from PokerStrategy's Elephant. You should download since it's free and you will eventually have the 1000 SP's, and it still works very nicely even if your Trial runs out. My Trial ended like 2 months ago lol but I still use it effectively. I don't play with stats though, and probably won't until near the end of eating NL10 or after it when I start NL25, but that's still a looong way to go.

And thanks for the good luck, I hope you have good luck as well, but don't get mad at the hero calls from fishes, it's those same fishes who will eventually pay you off and let us beat the level, so them winning is also +$EV since they will keep making the wrong decisions :s_cool: .

I'll post hands from my session tonight, I'll be starting in 2 hours or so once the American fishes start coming out to play :s_evil: .
    • pablomeza
      pablomeza
      Bronze
      Well as promised. I played 1.5k hands tonight. I started off with a half hour session only at school and managed to stack someone with the following hand which I found quite funny. A simple steal became a 100BB profit :s_cool: . I was ready to give up the hand on the Turn too!

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $5.37
      Hero:
      $5.00

Preflop: Hero is BU with 4:spade: , 3:spade:
      5 folds, Hero raises to $0.20, SB calls $0.18, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.45) 6:spade: , Q:spade: , 3:heart: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.35, SB raises to $0.90, Hero calls $0.55.

Turn: ($2.25) 2:diamond: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($2.25) 3:diamond: (2 players)
      SB bets $1.30, Hero raises to $3.90 (All-In), SB calls $2.60.

Final Pot: $10.05

Hero shows trío, treses (4s 3s)
      SB shows dos pares, damas y treses (Qc Jc)

Hero wins with trío, treses (4s 3s)

And so I started at like 87 BB/100 lol but this meant nothing. I started up my 2 hour session at a very nice hour, and although it was quite the roller coaster, it definately wasn't as swingy as yesterday's, and I didn't start playing my A game as shown by the following hand, but I picked it up as the night passed by and I ended up with +2.5 BI's (+$13) overall so a very good day and better than yesterday. Here's the hand which started me off and showed me I wasn't playing my A game:

Note to self: AK is not the nuts preflop!
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $4.95
      Hero:
      $5.00

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A:heart: , K:diamond:
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0.20, 2 folds, SB raises to $0.45, BB folds, Hero raises to $1.50, SB raises to $4.95 (All-In), Hero calls $3.45.

Flop: ($9.95) A:club: , 3:club: , 6:diamond:
      Turn: ($9.95) Q:spade:
      River: ($9.95) 4:club: (1 players)

Final Pot: $9.95

Hero shows una pareja de ases (Ah Kd)
      SB shows trío, ases (Ad As)

SB wins with trío, ases (Ad As)

Seeing the time span in between this hand and the one being posted next definately shows me I was on tilt and wasn't aware of it, which is something I will need to work on, and I play this hand even worse than the one before...

Do not bluff with air. give up the hand after the flop with no improvements...
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $4.18
      CO:
      $5.36
      Hero:
      $5.07

0.02/0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BU with K:spade: , A:spade:
      3 folds, CO calls $0.05, Hero raises to $0.25, SB calls $0.23, BB folds, CO calls $0.20.

Flop: ($0.80) T:spade: , T:club: , 6:spade: (3 players)
      SB checks, CO checks, Hero bets $0.55, SB calls $0.55, CO folds.

Turn: ($1.90) 3:club: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($1.90) 5:diamond: (2 players)
      SB bets $1.35, Hero raises to $4.27 (All-In), SB calls $2.03 (All-In), Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $8.66

Hero shows una pareja de dieces (Ks As)
      SB shows dos pares, dieces y ochos (8s 8h)

SB wins with dos pares, dieces y ochos (8s 8h)

Analyzing my session and seeing this type of hands helps me improve, so it's not bad that this happens and it's good I realize my mistakes instead of complaining I lost an underdog flip. I'm happy about this way of thinking :s_biggrin: .

And I guess that's all for now. Tomorrow is full graph day! It's looking quite nicely and I like how it has a very very positive correlation between hands played and BB's earned. Very motivating!

As for yesterday's tournament. I went out in the Latin American Freeroll with 300 people or so left. Can't remember the hand but there were FIVE people sitting out at my table, so I was just stealing everything but I got bored and it was pretty late, so I went into nit-mode and got out on a hand I can't even remember. Wasn't worth putting in the effort for another 3 hours to win $15...

Today's Daily Dollar was lame though, and only got 2 playable hands. AA to which everyone folded to from my UTG 4BB raise, and JJ which got beat by As9d on a TsQsQKs5s board. Oh well it happens. I'm debating on wether to play another session tonight seeing how I don't have school tomorrow, but my doubting and a bit of exhaustion is telling me not to play, since I probably won't be playing my A game and I should just wait for tomorrow and this time make good use of the weekend, since I missed all the nice fishies last time around.

Thanks for reading!
    • pablomeza
      pablomeza
      Bronze
      Well what a lame way to end what was becoming a very succesful week overall. I ended up losing 5 BI's today in NL5, and my BR now stands at $169, which makes me have to move down a limit to get back to $175 before moving up again.

Today's session was just messy. I was playing bad at all! I just kept getting sucked out on and my monsters were torn apart by sets and lucky fishes so there was nothing I could do. Here are some exampls of such hands.

80/20 broken down :(

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $7.97
      BB:
      $1.60
      Hero:
      $5.20

Preflop: Hero is BU with Q:club: , Q:spade:
      5 folds, Hero raises to $0.20, SB calls $0.18, BB calls $0.15.

Flop: ($0.60) 9:spade: , 5:spade: , 4:diamond: (3 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $0.35, SB calls $0.35, BB folds.

Turn: ($1.30) K:diamond: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.80, SB raises to $1.85, Hero raises to $4.65 (All-In), SB calls $2.80.

River: ($10.60) T:club: (1 players)

Final Pot: $10.60

Hero shows una pareja de damas (Qc Qs)
      SB shows trío, cuatros (4c 4h)

SB wins with trío, cuatros (4c 4h)

Obligatory stacking with AK, even on a monster draw :( .

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      BB:
      $1.71
      Hero:
      $5.00
      MP2:
      $8.88

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A:club: , K:club:
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.20, MP2 raises to $0.67, 4 folds, BB calls $0.62, Hero calls $0.47.

Flop: ($2.03) 5:club: , 8:heart: , 9:club: (3 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks, MP2 bets $2.03, BB calls $1.04 (All-In), Hero raises to $4.33 (All-In), MP2 calls $2.30.

Turn: ($11.73) J:heart:
      River: ($11.73) T:diamond: (2 players)

Final Pot: $11.73

Hero shows carta alta as con kicker rey (Ac Kc)
      MP2 shows trío, jotas (Jc Js)
      BB shows escalera, jota alto (7s As)

BB wins with escalera, jota alto (7s As)

Seriously?

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $7.19
      Hero:
      $5.00

Preflop: Hero is CO with K:club: , K:heart:
      5 folds, Hero raises to $0.20, BU folds, SB calls $0.18, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.45) J:club: , 7:diamond: , 7:club: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.25, SB calls $0.25.

Turn: ($0.95) J:diamond: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.60, SB raises to $1.20, Hero raises to $4.55 (All-In), SB calls $3.35.

River: ($10.05) 8:diamond: (1 players)

Final Pot: $10.05

Hero shows dos pares, reyes y jotas (Kc Kh)
      SB shows full house, jotas sobre ochos (8c Js)

SB wins with full house, jotas sobre ochos (8c Js)

I obviously can't pull this off :(

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      MP2:
      $3.75
      Hero:
      $6.08

Preflop: Hero is BU with A:heart: , A:spade:
      3 folds, MP2 raises to $0.15, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0.45, 2 folds, MP2 calls $0.30.

Flop: ($0.97) J:diamond: , 4:club: , 6:spade: (2 players)
      MP2 checks, Hero bets $0.50, MP2 calls $0.50.

Turn: ($1.97) Q:diamond: (2 players)
      MP2 checks, Hero bets $1.00, MP2 raises to $2.00, Hero raises to $3.00, MP2 calls $0.80 (All-In), Hero gets uncalled bet back.

River: ($7.57) J:club: (1 players)

Final Pot: $7.57

Hero shows dos pares, ases y jotas (Ah As)
      MP2 shows full house, damas sobre jotas (Qh Qs)

MP2 wins with full house, damas sobre jotas (Qh Qs)

Today I lost more money with KK than won, same for QQ which was my worst hand. -$11 on it alone! Only 4/24 AK's managed to hit an A or K on the flop!

But oh well this happens, and it definately feels lame to lose like this and so much in a single day, but variance is part of the game, and learning how to deal with it is important. Tomorrow will be a new different day, and NL2 has treated me well so far so here's to a good day tomorrow.

I'll refrain from posting my graph today since after today it looks pretty ridiculous lol.
    • pablomeza
      pablomeza
      Bronze
      Well as I said, yesterday's -5BI's were simply variance. I decided not to move down, since 35 BI's is already semi conservative and so having 33.5 was definately enough to keep trying NL5. I shouldn't play scared of my cards cracking and I need to remember even if I lose money, it's not making mistakes that will make me a better Poker player in the long run, and I didn't make many mistakes in last night's session, definately not in the hands that cost me full stacks.

Today's session lasted once again 1.5k hands. This seems to be my limit, I can do this after 2 hours playing at anywhere between 12 and 14 tables but after that I kind of get bored or tired as 2 hours is quite a long stretch of time IMO. I'm happy with the results though, which were the following:

Total $ won: 20.24
      BB's won: 404.80
      BB/100: 25.85

My biggest loss was this hand, which I now realize I shouldn't have called the raise preflop and despite me hitting 2 pair, the only hands I beat here were AQ and AJ. I played this hand horribly and now I know better:

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      UTG2:
      $5.00
      MP2:
      $15.70
      Hero:
      $5.36

Preflop: Hero is BU with A:spade: , T:club:
      UTG1 folds, UTG2 calls $0.05, MP1 folds, MP2 raises to $0.12, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.12, 2 folds, UTG2 calls $0.07.

Flop: ($0.43) K:spade: , 5:club: , A:club: (3 players)
      UTG2 bets $0.10, MP2 folds, Hero raises to $0.30, UTG2 calls $0.20.

Turn: ($1.03) T:spade: (2 players)
      UTG2 bets $0.25, Hero raises to $0.75, UTG2 raises to $1.30, Hero calls $0.55.

River: ($3.63) 2:spade: (2 players)
      UTG2 bets $2.00, Hero calls $2.00.

Final Pot: $7.63

Hero shows dos pares, ases y dieces (As Tc)
      UTG2 shows trío, cincos (5h 5d)

UTG2 wins with trío, cincos (5h 5d)

This next hand, gave me very valuable information on my opponent, so losing money in this hand was an investment for the next one I had against him, were I managed to stack him.

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $5.00
      MP1:
      $4.84
      MP3:
      $9.75

Preflop: Hero is SB with J:club: , T:club:
      2 folds, MP1 calls $0.05, MP2 folds, MP3 raises to $0.12, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.10, 2 folds.

Flop: ($0.34) J:diamond: , 9:spade: , 7:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 bets $0.30, Hero calls $0.30.

Turn: ($0.94) 6:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 bets $0.60, Hero calls $0.60.

River: ($2.14) 5:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 bets $1.00, Hero calls $1.00.

Final Pot: $4.14

Hero shows una pareja de jotas (Jc Tc)
      MP3 shows escalera, nueve alto (8d 9d)

MP3 wins with escalera, nueve alto (8d 9d)

I lost $2 to win $ off of him later on on this hand, were I knew given his range and play, he was willing to go broke with TPMK or worse, and so I made this hero call that payed off nicely.

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      UTG2:
      $8.56
      Hero:
      $5.33

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with J:heart: , T:diamond:
      UTG1 folds, UTG2 raises to $0.12, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.12, 4 folds.

Flop: ($0.31) T:heart: , 2:club: , J:spade: (2 players)
      UTG2 bets $0.15, Hero raises to $0.45, UTG2 raises to $0.75, Hero raises to $1.05, UTG2 raises to $8.44 (All-In), Hero calls $4.16 (All-In), UTG2 gets uncalled bet back.

Turn: ($10.73) J:diamond:
      River: ($10.73) K:club: (2 players)

Final Pot: $10.73

Hero shows full house, jotas sobre dieces (Jh Td)
      UTG2 shows dos pares, ases y jotas (As Ah)

Hero wins with full house, jotas sobre dieces (Jh Td)

In his range those AA's could've easily been 22, so my call was justified and my 'adaptation' to this opponent payed off nicely.

Finally my monsters (AA KK QQ) were either getting payed off 1 or 2 streets, or beating middle stacks which was nice. Only once did I lose money with any of these hands, in a hand I found hilarious and there was no way to get away from:

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      UTG2:
      $1.42
      Hero:
      $5.05

Preflop: Hero is CO with K:club: , K:heart:
      UTG1 folds, UTG2 calls $0.05, 3 folds, Hero raises to $0.25, 3 folds, UTG2 calls $0.20.

Flop: ($0.57) J:spade: , 2:diamond: , Q:spade: (2 players)
      UTG2 checks, Hero bets $0.35, UTG2 raises to $0.70, Hero raises to $1.05, UTG2 raises to $1.17 (All-In), Hero calls $0.12.

Turn: ($2.91) 5:heart:
      River: ($2.91) 3:heart: (1 players)

Final Pot: $2.91

Hero shows una pareja de reyes (Kc Kh)
      UTG2 shows dos pares, damas y doses (Qh 2h)

UTG2 wins with dos pares, damas y doses (Qh 2h)

Q2s is CLEARLY the nuts huh? :P

Well this was a nice comeback from yesterday's losses, and with this and $1.98 from an 180 person tournament ($1.10 buy in) I got my roll back to $188, 2 below what I should be, because I was bored and last night and decided I would play a few PLO hands at the lowest stake, and lost my BR when my AA's got cracked hehe. I also got KK twice there, but everytime I lost. PLO is very weird and I will not be going back to those tables again before, it was just for fun.

Here's my graph complete with Week 1 and Week 2 results.

The end of it looks shaky as that's the last few days, but I like that it has a positive correlation and hope to keep having it increase to a new high by Friday next week :s_cool: . Thanks for reading and please do comment! It's nice when people comment and keeps you motivated to dedicate time to writing these posts!