Stacks:
      UTG VODRAUDE ($12.50)
      UTG+1 $exy Julian ($25.20)
      CO Hero ($19.90)
      BTN PFiend ($19.20)
      SB KorNPL ($26.90)
      BB chri$kra$070 ($11.20)

Pre-Flop: ($0.15, 6 players) Hero is CO K:heart: K:club:
      1 fold, $exy Julian raises to $0.40, Hero raises to $1.25, PFiend calls $1.25, 2 folds, $exy Julian calls $0.85

Flop: Q:diamond: 2:heart: 5:spade: ($3.90, 3 players)
      $exy Julian checks, Hero bets $2.85, PFiend calls $2.85, $exy Julian folds

Turn: 5:club: ($9.60, 2 players)
      Hero bets $7, PFiend goes all-in $15.10, Hero calls $8.10

River: Q:club: ($39.80, 2 players, 1 all-in)

Final Pot: $39.80
      Hero shows two pair, Kings and Queens
      K:heart: K:club:
      PFiend shows a full house, Deuces full of Queens
      2:spade: 2:club:

PFiend wins $37.85 (net +$18.65)

$exy Julian lost $1.25
      Hero lost $19.20

....... its freaking impossible to get away I think. Any advice?
      So tilted cause of this...

Maybe bet 5$ turn fold to shove cause we're deep???

Anyways thats it for NL10, shot failed... moving back down :(
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

3bet coldcall in position deep screams pocket pair, but on a 5 pairing turn against an unknown i don't think you can do anything but go broke. He's basically only repping 22, the highly unlikely 55 or a very weirdly played QQ, and since you can't be sure what he does with his Qx hands when it looks like a call is committing for him, it's just a cooler. NH. Since people likely won't balance a 3bet coldcalling range that much it's good to take note of that for next time.

I'm uncomfortable checking the turn to him because really i don't expect him to bet much being deep in position, it'll be a good opportunity for him to pot control his Qx hands if he has some and he'll pretty much only bet his floats, which should make up a really narrow range after coldcalling a 3bet unless he's really fancy. If you think he might bet his Qx hands then maybe check/shoving over a committing bet is fine because it looks funky and he might call it off with top pair. Check/Calling the turn and check/folding the river against non committing bet is likely okay too, the tighter you think he is the better it gets.

Hope it helps.