This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 KK SH deep

• Dragar
      Dragar
      Bronze
      $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Holdem
      6 Players
      Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

Stacks:
      UTG VODRAUDE ($12.50)
      UTG+1 $exy Julian ($25.20)
      CO Hero ($19.90)
      BTN PFiend ($19.20)
      SB KorNPL ($26.90)
      BB chri$kra$070 ($11.20)

Pre-Flop: ($0.15, 6 players) Hero is CO K:heart: K:club:
      1 fold, $exy Julian raises to $0.40, Hero raises to $1.25, PFiend calls $1.25, 2 folds, $exy Julian calls $0.85

Flop: Q:diamond: 2:heart: 5:spade: ($3.90, 3 players)
      $exy Julian checks, Hero bets $2.85, PFiend calls $2.85, $exy Julian folds

Turn: 5:club: ($9.60, 2 players)
      Hero bets $7, PFiend goes all-in $15.10, Hero calls $8.10

River: Q:club: ($39.80, 2 players, 1 all-in)

Final Pot: $39.80
      Hero shows two pair, Kings and Queens
      K:heart: K:club:
      PFiend shows a full house, Deuces full of Queens
      2:spade: 2:club:

PFiend wins $37.85 (net +$18.65)

$exy Julian lost $1.25
      Hero lost $19.20

....... its freaking impossible to get away I think. Any advice?
      So tilted cause of this...

Maybe bet 5$ turn fold to shove cause we're deep???

Anyways thats it for NL10, shot failed... moving back down :(
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

3bet coldcall in position deep screams pocket pair, but on a 5 pairing turn against an unknown i don't think you can do anything but go broke. He's basically only repping 22, the highly unlikely 55 or a very weirdly played QQ, and since you can't be sure what he does with his Qx hands when it looks like a call is committing for him, it's just a cooler. NH. Since people likely won't balance a 3bet coldcalling range that much it's good to take note of that for next time.

I'm uncomfortable checking the turn to him because really i don't expect him to bet much being deep in position, it'll be a good opportunity for him to pot control his Qx hands if he has some and he'll pretty much only bet his floats, which should make up a really narrow range after coldcalling a 3bet unless he's really fancy. If you think he might bet his Qx hands then maybe check/shoving over a committing bet is fine because it looks funky and he might call it off with top pair. Check/Calling the turn and check/folding the river against non committing bet is likely okay too, the tighter you think he is the better it gets.

Hope it helps.