Playing Poker Pairs

• BoyRobot777
      BoyRobot777
      Bronze
      Hi, i find it that i usually dont know how to play them. I do raise them from any position like any other premium hand, so it would be disguise if i hit it, but unfortunately my playing with them is -EV. So, the problem is:1. How am suppost to play them if i hit? 2. How am suppost to play them when i dont hit? 3. Which boards should i ConBet (despite obvious A,K,Q high)?
  • 5 replies
    • BoyRobot777
      BoyRobot777
      Bronze
      it just seems they fold too many times when i hit, and call too many times when i don't. And on the turn am usually lost
    • BoyRobot777
      BoyRobot777
      Bronze
      omg, its pocket pairs :D
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Gold
      hit more sets
    • Nussknacker
      Nussknacker
      Bronze
      If you hit, most of the time you play them fast
      If you dont hit, bluff cr PPs aint a good idea too often. If you get called you only got 2 outs. so raising 2nd pairs as a semibluff leaves you at least with 5 outs
      Maybe should be aware of the fact that you dont always just call fot Setvalue.
      77-TT do also have the Pair value even if you see an overcard. So maybe your playig fit or fold too often.

Cbetting Flops depends on ou opponents reaction to cbets and his PF Range.

cbetting a 267 2s board and then cf Turn, River aint a good idea.
      You get bluff raised too often or get bluffed out later. Same 68J 2s
      You cant give generalizations to that point. Think of what your oppenents range is, does it hit the board. Do you have FE...

I dont know if your question is only bout how to play with initiative. But this should help you I hope.
      Another point might be that your overall cr, and raising Range might be too strong. If you only cr a Set or Top2 you obv will get too much credit for exact your hand...

you might wanna post some hands here, so we can discuss them later tonight

Hand Evaluation Live on 17.11.
    • OnkelHotte
      OnkelHotte
      Black
      Hey guys,

I am afraid there is a misunderstanding. This feedback forum should not be used for hand judgment or strategy discussions but your feedback to the educational services PokerStrategy.com provides for you.

So feel free to use this forum to leave any kind of criticism or praise, any organisational questions or suggestions for improvements.

For strategy discussions and hand evaluations please use the dedicated forums.

No Limit Stratedy discussions & Hand evaluations

Fixed Limit Strategy Discussions & Hand Evaluations

SNG+MTT Strategy Discussions & Hand Evaluations