Skip to forum
Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] NL100SH Follow through with float?

4 Posts
4 Users
0 Reactions
41 Views
caltabiano
Joined: 09.03.2007
Elite Grinder

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
NL Holdem $1(BB) Replayer
SB ($100)
BB ($104)
UTG ($210)
CO ($151)
Hero ($100)

Dealt to Hero K♣ Q♣

UTG raises to $5, fold, Hero calls $5, fold, fold

FLOP ($11.50) 7♦ 3♦ A♣

UTG bets $6, Hero calls $6

TURN ($23.50) 7♦ 3♦ A♣ 7♠

UTG checks, Hero bets $18, UTG calls $18

RIVER ($59.50) 7♦ 3♦ A♣ 7♠ K♦

UTG checks, Hero bets $71 (AI), UTG folds

Hero shows K♣ Q♣

Hero wins $56.55

Villain has loose pre flop stats (27/21). However his AF is 2 and his WTDS is at 19. I only had 129 hands though. Not recent history between us. He had been opening a lot pre flop.
Once I float and get called, I figured his range was greatly weighed towards a weak A, and sometimes something like JJ - KK. Never a 7 and never something as strong as AQ. So when the flush hits the river, even though I made 2nd pair, I thought it would very rarely be good here and if I shove, it's very hard for him to call me with an A, because I could've peeled the flop with a 7 or with a FD and both those ranges hit. For him to call, he'd have to put me on a total bluff, which he had no reason to.


3 replies

nothing to say, nh ♦
since you have showdown value, not sure how often should you check behind, since he´d also take 88-QQ c/c turn line, but since he likely can c/f aslo with AJ or smt then shove seems good


mbml
Joined: 27.11.2008
BlackMember

i won't use this line if the diamond didn't fall on the river. of course as kaitz20 said he might c/c turn with 88-QQ if you are known for floating a lot. but most likely he has an ace.

With the diamond, we can credibly represent the flush and thus we can get way more folds. He never has the flush since he would bet the river himself.


Bierbaer
Joined: 27.05.2005
Oldschool Grinder

The rivershove is awesome, he basically never has a hand he could call, but a lot of his hands are Ax.

An option is to check back the turn, you're ahead of everything he folds and if he bets the river (once a diamond hit) you can still shove.


Share: