888.com Software Improvement Suggestions

• Ankee
      Ankee
      Bronze
      Hi everyone,

888.com Pacific Poker noted a lot of comments regarding their software so they decided they need the help of the community.

888 is already aware of their software issues and working hard on it; we will send 888.com Pacific Poker a summary of your comments, ideas and improvement suggestions.

Pacific Poker would like to ask you questions like: On how many tables 888.com player like to play at the same time? What are the biggest problems you have with the software?

Edit:
      We like to send all suggestions by the beginning of February to 888. On the 31st of January the Thread will be closed and summarized, so please make sure to make your post till the 31st.

Thanks!
  • 29 replies
    • Fagin
      Fagin
      Bronze
      Software problems I have found are :

1/ When I click on the "Wait" button to join the waiting list for a table and a pop up tells me that I am "already sitting at that table" when I clearly am not!!

2/ Some MTTs use only 9 seats on the 10 seat tables and some use all 10 seats but this is not made clear in the tourney lobby.

3/ There is no Hand for Hand when on the Final Table bubble in MTTs unlike most other sites I have played on.

4/ Some MTTs have 30 seconds decision time and some have less, (I'm not talking about turbos here just regular MTTs), but this again is not shown in the tourney lobby!

5/ There is no auto top up when I fall below Xbb on cash tables.

6/ The lobby can't be resized to make it easier to see all the information.

7/ The online "Guide to our Software" shows an "Edit table view" to allow players to select what information to show about the cash tables but I have not seen this on my lobby ever.

Time for bed now but if I think of more tomorrow I will post.

Cheers
    • adeebsultan
      adeebsultan
      Bronze
      i play on a pretty small screen (17") and 2 tables at regular size will overlap. Resizing down often makes it hard to read the numbers. A "mini table" no frills option like in titan would be nice.
    • Fagin
      Fagin
      Bronze
      8/ When I am on the waiting list for a table and a pop up message tells me there is a seat for me on that table. I click the message and the table opens. When I click on the only available seat I am informed that that seat is "reserved for another member"!!! - So why waste my time????

9/ When I click on an empty seat on a table the pop up opens for me to imput how much I wish to buy in for. When using SSS it takes 1-2 seconds to do this but frequently in those 1-2 seconds sombody else has taken the seat??? Why not reserve the seat for me when I have already said I want it and am telling them how much of my cash I want to take to the table???

10/ With a number of tables open, it frequently happens that the pop up telling me that a seat is available for me on another table gets buried under tables that pop up needing action and it can be easily missed leading it to time out and I then miss the seat. Surely this could stay on top so I could at least get a chance to see it??

I hope to clear my FDB in early Feb and unless they can sort some of these issues out I will be moving my roll elsewhere as they are causing me to tilt more then the donkeys calling my 4bet shove pre flop with 10, 8 and rivering a straight!!
    • dallievas
      dallievas
      Bronze
      888.com Pacific Poker noted a lot of comments regarding their software

Ah finally they noted,now nice :D
      1) when I have to post blind first time,there's no sound signal.,when I'm busy on other tables should help me.
      2) too small fonts on a table especially when you minimize it ( eg Titan tables is 0,5 size of yours but I can see everything clear).
      3) I don't like that 6 max tables like 10 max.
      4) now I cant't change graphics because after update half buttons do not work for me.
      5) maybe replayer is usefull for someone ,but for me would be nice just text format or better do like in FT ,PS or Titan ( I want to see all hh of that session).
      6) for me no need categorize players in notes,just leave colors ant I categorize them.
      7) when you tile tables often they stay in wrong place.
      8)Why you have 1 PLO table at micros when 6 players wait;
      Agree with other guys.
    • Fagin
      Fagin
      Bronze
      @ dallievas

1),5) + 6) totally agree

The idea of using the colours to categorise players is a great one but why can't we use our own categories??
    • adeebsultan
      adeebsultan
      Bronze
      @ dallievas #5 - excellent point. cant believe i missed that. who would even waste time on the replayer at regular speed during a game?? hand history for entire session at a table in text format is an absolute must in my opinion.
    • Fagin
      Fagin
      Bronze
      Got an email from 888 today inviting me to take a survey about their site!

In the comments section I gave them a link to this thread lol.

Hope they bother to look at it.
    • lekingofkings
      lekingofkings
      Bronze
      give us a software that runs on Mac OSX
    • Strongsl
      Strongsl
      Bronze
      The SH table must stay just the same. I will tell u why: When u sit in a usual 6 max table u have to accept the available spot at the table.

With a 10seat table in SH mode, we have more options to have position over fish / good players.
    • Strongsl
      Strongsl
      Bronze
      I may sound rude but please, dont get me wrong.

That software is just to horrible. It is the worst I have ever seen =(

When something is bad as that much, dont try to fix it. Create a new one =D
    • andyb43
      andyb43
      Bronze
      Prefered seating position..this must be so easy surely?

Show villain cards at called/checked showdown, the replayer used to have this but not anymore, they can just put it in dealer messages.

Better table moving in MTT's. I got nailed w BB 3 times in 9 hands last week

When click 'write note' , have it off to one side not smack in the middle of the screen.

Be able to acces player notes in the lobby. i.e you have no idea who youare up against in an SnG until seating,,,,,,,,,unless you keep a nae list yourself.

Their player catagories in 'notes' are bizzarre...let me choose pleeze. I mean 6 or 7 catagogies but no TAG or LAG or fish mentioned!

DONT EVER OFFER ME $$ TO DO A SURVEY THEN AFTERWARDS TELL ME THERE WERE CONDITIONS>>>>>>>>>>>>THE FUCKERS
    • Alan883
      Alan883
      Bronze
      I have a suggestion

Refreshing data on lobby should be more frequent.
      Example: It is written that on the table is avaliable seat but when i enter the table there is no avaliable seats.
    • Fagin
      Fagin
      Bronze
      @Alan883 - I have to agree with you . This is more than just annoying. It happens so often it comes close to putting me on tilt at times.

Nearly as bad is when I click on "Wait" and a message pops up to say that I'm in luck beacuse a seat has just become available on that table - but there are still 10 players on the table WTF???? Does the sotware know that someone is about to be busted and leave???
    • dallievas
      dallievas
      Bronze
      @Alan883 ,Fagin
      +1 absolutely
      and I hate those additional pop ups like you added to waitng list/ok/,you removed from waiting list /ok.
    • wquinn636
      wquinn636
      Bronze
      The fact that every time you open a table it takes up the entire screen and you have to manually resize it. Every single time. When I resize my table, that's the size I want every table to be, always.

Also, +1 to whoever suggested more micro PLOs.
    • wquinn636
      wquinn636
      Bronze
      And when you open the lobby or go into another section of the lobby for the first time, tables are arranged by their names. It's only a minor thing, but why? Who wants their choice of tables arranged by the random and completely arbitrary names you assign them? Arrange them by stakes. I guarantee not one person who uses the software keeps their list of tables arranged by their names. It's little things like these that irritate new players enough to drive them away.

That's just an example. The whole lobby is horribly awkward, all kinds of little things- I can't scroll up or down using page up/page down/home/end, lobbies/tournament lobbies can't be resized, buy-ins can only be filtered to 0-10 or 10-100. Did no one at the site realise how stupid that was? Who sits down at their computer and says "I think I'll play a Sit'n'Go... with a buy-in somewhere between £10 and £100"? And if you want to see if there's any useful freerolls coming up, you have to block out piles of tournaments- many of which are restricted access. Which reminds me, there's no way to stop the lobby from showing you tournaments you aren't actually allowed to enter. Although you can filter it so that it shows you only restricted tournaments, in another epic design boob.

Compare that to the interface of other sites:

And Everest aren't even one of the most popular sites. Pacific Poker is way, way behind the pack here. I'd just go back to the drawing board and overhaul the whole thing.
    • fakedurrr
      fakedurrr
      Bronze
      Lobby of torunaments in Everest is horrible as well, but better though, a littlebit ... but well
    • wquinn636
      wquinn636
      Bronze
      Yeah, and it just shows how dire Pacific is that they compare so unfavourably with Everest.
    • Kojika
      Kojika
      Bronze
      Hi everyone !

I'm playing quite a lot at pacific poker and I'd like to see some improvements like :

- A shop (or at least a better rakeback)

- Save hand history on the hard disk and being able to watch previous hands (like on full tilt/pokerstars) for OMAHA

- Give us an option to post blinds when the big blind comes to us. At the moment, if you tick "post blinds", it will post it the next turn, even if you aren't the big blind.

- When we watch the last hand, show the mucked hand if it went to showdown

That's it ! I would consider staying on pacific poker if some of these were changed.

PS : Hand histories are really important.

EDIT : Also, the tables never pop up for some reason... Please change this as well.