World Challenge

• EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze

Pic copyright of Titan Poker, used here only to promote their event and our community members performances.

Support your friends by following their progress in the World Challenge. Railing always welcomed (although not sure you can use the chat as observer).

Big Big congratulations to the following PokerStrategy Members who, after 18 league matches, qualified for the final stages.

Waiboy (English Community)
      AussieIan (English Community)
      EagleStar88 (English Community)
      DarkNeo82 (English Community)
      BigFrankieW (German Community)
      JackausBerlin (German Community)
      #Maybe more, but these are known to have qualified

Up for grabs, $13k WSOP m/e Packages for the Top 5 players after the 8 final league games.

16th May - AusIan 32nd
      18th May - EagleStar88 4th
      20th May - BigFrankieW 16th
      23rd May - EagleStar88 38th
      25th May - JackausBerlin 53rd
      27th May - EagleStar88 27th
      30th May - JackausBerlin 39th
      31st May - JackausBerlin 17th

Final Leaderboard (200 finalists from around the globe) - After 8 of 8 tournaments(unconfirmed)

1st. 45pts askesladdenallin (Nor)
      2nd. 35pts gelsbiz (Lat)
      3rd. 34pts cidul (Rom)
      4th. 33pts pedrodelpedro (Fra)
      5th. 28pts SrDani83 (Spa)
      =26th. 16pts EagleStar88 (England - English Community)
      =55th. 8pts JackausBerlin (Germany - German Community)
      =64th. 7pts BigFrankieW (Germany - German Community)
      =102nd. 5pts Waiboy (New Zealand - English Community)
      =102nd. 5pts DarkNeo82 (England - English Community)
      =123rd. 4pts AussieIan (Australia - English Community)

Summary (Qualifying rounds)

Week 1: Bakoy ships 3rd in the Americas Group, great start!

Week 2: PokerStrategy own the Oceanic Group with AussieIan taking down the win. EagleStar88 2nd in the U.K. tournament.

Week 3: Our guys tighten their grip on the Antipidean league with all 3 in contention. Waiboy loses to a frenchman (que?) but secures 2nd. A great performance also by DarkNeo was cut short by a sick beat on the points bubble.

Week 4: feraldave 6th down under, DarkNeo82 4th up over (see what I did there ;) ). wp guys. All PokerStrategists currently in a qualifying spot, get in!!

Week 5: Gutsy, battling display from feraldave to secure 6th for 2nd week running. So unfortunate to run into rockets :(
      EagleStar88 final tables but throws away an excellent chance of good points by being such a donkey, whilst DarkNeo82 just can't seem to win a flip for love or money :(

Week 6: Great 2nd place from the "Wai" once again, all 3x contenders clinging mid-table to each other like mid-table clingy things. bakoy MIA pressumed retired from challenge. EagleStar88 3rd in UK tourney, but event very much owned by darkneo again (5th), superb run and great result despite the bad luck at the end.

Week 7: Mr consistent Waiboy 5th in the Oceanic , Brits bust early

Week 8: Great final tables for Waiboy, feraldave & Darkneo again this week.

Week 9: 5th again for the Wai, racking up excellent points with feraldave 6th/7th (t.b.c.). The boy Bart managed to ride his luck and win the UK tourney.

Week 10: An unlucky, but great 3rd for Aussie Ian, a self imposed dressing down for Anglais EagleStar88

Week 11: AusIan 6th in the first of the double-pointers. Darkneo just missed out on points in 12th despite not being available & sitting out all game.

Week 12: (21st Mar) - Sorry not had time to update

Good luck everyone, PokerStrategy ftw :s_thumbsup:

Bart
  • 163 replies
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      Cool.. we have a home to come to!

You rock hard Bart! :s_cool:
    • DarkNeo1
      DarkNeo1
      Bronze
      Nice.Well done Aussi lads.
      I better get a move on eh. :s_frown:
    • DarkNeo1
      DarkNeo1
      Bronze
      Sorry.Meant to edit last post.Doh. :s_mad:
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Hope this is ok guys, just thought a nice little semi-permanent home where I can use my mod powers :f_rolleyes: to edit/update the front post each week and give a big shout out to get you all the well deserved :heart: from the community was a good idea.

Feel free to use as discussion or whatever you like really. I can also remove it if you don't like it ;)

Bart

p.s. Will also be a nice place to continue railing you guys long after I drop by the wayside :D
      p.p.s Did you win last week Wai? I lost track of what happened in your group.
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      Hey Bart. Love the thread. Hopefully it will promote a bit more interest in the tourneys (but not too much!).

Three handed (and about 30 seconds after AussieIan started his thread) I was stupid enough to shove as short stack into the very loose, couldn't miss a hand, middle stack with my 22. No good v K7o and I finished third. Because villian was actually French I don't know that his finish counted, so I may have been credited with second.
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      Just busted 13th this week.

We had a pretty solid turnout of 17 (excluding AussiIan who I presume was either watching the cricket or the tennis, and including standard loose passive French entry) so it looks like there will be a bit of competition!

Meh.. was card dead mostly, stole a couple of times. Kept getting 7x steal raised by the player to my right (who was the big stack) maybe half of the time in blind battles. At blinds of 40/80 w/ 1200 stack he did it again I shoved 88, he had KK. GG!

Go feraldave, GL fella! :f_thumbsup:
    • feraldave
      feraldave
      Bronze
      6th.. all in preflop with KK against AJ got rivered by the Ace..

Never mind cya again next week hopefully..
    • DarkNeo1
      DarkNeo1
      Bronze
      Yeah, finally got some points on the board.It didn't look as it was going to happen again as in the first hour I was down to 6/7 bb's after suffering a badbeat.
      But I battled back to finish 4th.Happy days :f_biggrin:
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Well played dave & dark, great results.

I donked out early as usual, but hey whats new lol.

Have updated the English Group, but forgot to note down the results for the other groups, will update when Titan confirm.

Best regards,

Bart
    • AussieIan
      AussieIan
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Waiboy
      Just busted 13th this week.

We had a pretty solid turnout of 17 (excluding AussiIan who I presume was either watching the cricket or the tennis, and including standard loose passive French entry) so it looks like there will be a bit of competition!

Meh.. was card dead mostly, stole a couple of times. Kept getting 7x steal raised by the player to my right (who was the big stack) maybe half of the time in blind battles. At blinds of 40/80 w/ 1200 stack he did it again I shoved 88, he had KK. GG!

Go feraldave, GL fella! :f_thumbsup:
      Was busy down the coast, had some days off work and got a good deal...so was busy in the spa when the tourney was running, but i'll be back next week :D
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      standings as at 24th Jan updated.
    • AussieIan
      AussieIan
      Bronze
      Looks like i'll be missing again this weekend...change in game times for the team i'm working with to sunday, so off to work for me... :(
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      Phnar.. I've just missed this week too. I've got a great excuse though! :O

@AusI: does this mean you're out of the running? Or is it a temporary inconvenience?

Go FEDEX!!! (sorry Brits - if Murray wins he really has overcome ALL the odds!).
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Go dave!

I'm railing you, but can't use the chat ofc.

gl

Bart
    • AussieIan
      AussieIan
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Waiboy
      Phnar.. I've just missed this week too. I've got a great excuse though! :O

@AusI: does this mean you're out of the running? Or is it a temporary inconvenience?

Go FEDEX!!! (sorry Brits - if Murray wins he really has overcome ALL the odds!).
      Just temporary, had a game that got moved. Should be all good next week.
    • feraldave
      feraldave
      Bronze
      6th again..

Feel a little out of my league but hanging in there
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Ahhh man I suck big time.

After building up a nice stack and lying 2nd on the final table I first hero call my AQs to a re-raised AK, then I open raise A7s from the SB only to donk call the resultant JJ shove from the BB.

"How to destroy a tournament from dominant position in 2 easy steps... for dummies" by E.Star = Appearing in all good bookshops from tomorrow folks!

Doh!

Bart
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      Originally posted by EagleStar88
      Ahhh man I suck big time.

After building up a nice stack and lying 2nd on the final table I first hero call my AQs to a re-raised AK, then I open raise A7s from the SB only to donk call the resultant JJ shove from the BB.

"How to destroy a tournament from dominant position in 2 easy steps... for dummies" by E.Star = Appearing in all good bookshops from tomorrow folks!

Doh!

Bart
      I'd put this in another forum, but this one should be better for offtopic:

Congratz on becoming a spam monkey! :f_thumbsup:

Primzi
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      lol thx Primz,

Results updated for each group.

Bart