How to play Rush Poker!

• 44 replies
    • fun101rockets
      fun101rockets
      Bronze
      i disagree with one thing in he article. i have been 8 tabling sh and fr rushpoker. it is not too difficult at nl10 if u play standard ABC poker
    • excelgeo
      excelgeo
      Silver
      Positives:

firstly, it is a lot of fun. i mean A LOT.

secondly, it encourages serious grinding.

thirdly, it is mainly based on making decisions based on pure mathematical probabilities with no reads, which makes it more of a numbers game. that being said, there are still a few exploitable tells, mainly having to do with bet sizes

on the negative side:

it can be too quick sometimes and multitabling can lead to HUGE mistakes.

it can be very very swingy.

it is so new that at the moment it is changing all the time and therefore not one strategy would be sufficient. if you dont adapt quickly you could lose serious money.

it may turn you into a mindless drone
    • Fonyman
      Fonyman
      Bronze
      I'm no professional, but I have the feeling Rush Poker is about to kill online poker for professional players, the fish get tight and we loose all kinds of reads. It's probably dragging a lot of fish from the normal tables.

Strategists loose all edges, am I wrong?
      Nah.. I tried it for 20 minutes, and I don't like it at all.. It's just messy

Thats my opinion..
    • opal99
      opal99
      Black
      Originally posted by Fonyman
      I'm no professional, but I have the feeling Rush Poker is about to kill online poker for professional players, the fish get tight and we loose all kinds of reads. It's probably dragging a lot of fish from the normal tables.
      I agree... sure, there may be players (only good players long term) who can hugely benefit from this, but it's really bad for the most winning regulars... It simply changes the game so much, that it loses it's the most interesting aspects and move poker more towards gambling - and thats the worst aspect of this! If this become popular, it will negatively affect all public thoughts about online poker and crush all attempts to make online poker respectable source of income.. ^^

Even it may mean easy money now, the whole concept is just bad and only shows that FTP doesnt care about anything else but the earned money.. :(
    • NickParkes
      NickParkes
      Bronze
      One of the things that I have found is that bet sizing is important... confident betsizes post flop seem to gain more respect... I was getting floated a lot and just upped my flop bet a little and over the last 3000 hands I have taken down a lot more pots with c-bets...
    • randomdonk
      randomdonk
      Bronze
      Originally posted by opal99
      I agree... sure, there may be players (only good players long term) who can hugely benefit from this, but it's really bad for the most winning regulars... It simply changes the game so much, that it loses it's the most interesting aspects and move poker more towards gambling - and thats the worst aspect of this! If this become popular, it will negatively affect all public thoughts about online poker and crush all attempts to make online poker respectable source of income.. ^^

Even it may mean easy money now, the whole concept is just bad and only shows that FTP doesnt care about anything else but the earned money.. :(

+1

i've seen a lot of the huge fishes i had tagged on the rush tables :( and i'm talking about the -10k gamblers that where so profitable to play with :/

one thing.. people play so retardedly (if that word even exists) on rushpoker that the way of playing it is pretty different than the normal game imo. so lets say they keep nl200 the max rushpoker stake, then after a while there will be a lot of fishy regs on nl400.. :O

maybe rushpoker is the evil plan of ivey, durrrr, etc to have more people on the nosebleeds to take money from :D
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Gold
      obviously play TAG instead of LAG as u don't need to make an image for urself to get payed off with ur monsters

....imo
    • badpinguin
      badpinguin
      Bronze

And what do you play poker for? Just to relax and have fun right.. And FTP is of course a non profit organisation.

There is plenty of rooms where you don't have these tables.
    • staicu74
      staicu74
      Bronze
      Hey, the main objective of this game (poker) is earning money. Don't blame them for finding the means to gaining more money in the long aswell as in the short term. They also introduced the matrix SnG, a game that moves holdem more towards skill and less towards luck, so imo they're not to blame.

I played the game a little and it sure is fun. You lose the tells and the stats so I think that standard holdem is better.
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      Originally posted by fun101rockets
      i disagree with one thing in he article.
      I think a better way for the article to put it is "Don't start multi-tabling immediately." There is plenty of time for thinking and decisions in Rush Poker and you can even use your time bank.

The important thing is to remember that you do have time and not to rush your decisions once you are in a hand. If you think you might have a decision to make just click the time bank button!
    • Phgrinder
      Phgrinder
      Bronze
      u can 2 tables. just play TAG, but 3 bet light, 4 bet tight.

and flop it or fold it strategy = $$$$
    • Fonyman
      Fonyman
      Bronze

This is what I was thinking too, I honestly can't imagine how FullTiltPoker were considering this to be a longterm benefit. I thought like this:

If you are a fish, and you want action. Why sit down at the normal tables? When you can get action and just auto-fold till you get pocket Queens in the Rush Poker. When I tried this for 20minutes (again I say, I'm not a professional) I didn't see any obvious retarded moves(nl10sh). They were all just TAG-ing along.

FTP will probably earn a lot from rakes during the next weeks or months. I don't know how long this is hot.. but in the long run they will loose their loyal players
    • RoniMizrachi
      RoniMizrachi
      Bronze
      i like it
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze

This is what I was thinking too, I honestly can't imagine how FullTiltPoker were considering this to be a longterm benefit. I thought like this:
      Yawn. People said the same thing when NL started getting popular. Doomsday didn't happen then either.
    • fun101rockets
      fun101rockets
      Bronze

If you are a fish, and you want action. Why sit down at the normal tables? When you can get action and just auto-fold till you get pocket Queens in the Rush Poker. When I tried this for 20minutes (again I say, I'm not a professional) I didn't see any obvious retarded moves(nl10sh). They were all just TAG-ing along.

FTP will probably earn a lot from rakes during the next weeks or months. I don't know how long this is hot.. but in the long run they will loose their loyal players
      i see lots of obvious retarted moves at nl10sh (22ishK hand sample) such as going aipf first in 50+bb deep (i have seen as high as 200bb). i have also seen many players who play midpair+ as the absolute nuts and players who are willing to get it in on the turn with weak draws
    • Heffron89
      Heffron89
      Bronze
      It was great the first days now its been tigher and tighter allso i would wish they added NL2 and NL5 rush
    • NickParkes
      NickParkes
      Bronze
      Originally posted by dwyt84

What is a good tight range to 4-bet with when on SH tables and:

1) There is a raise and a 3-bet before you?

2) You raise and you get 3-bet?
    • fun101rockets
      fun101rockets
      Bronze
      Originally posted by NickParkes

1) i would say kk and aa but i guess it depends on position and opponent stack size
      2) AK, QQ,KK,AA again depends on position and opponent stack size

eg)u raise UTG CO 3bets u 4bet tight
      u raise BTN BB 3bets u can 4bet abit looser

some other opinions would be gr8 too.
    • Phgrinder
      Phgrinder
      Bronze
      Originally posted by fun101rockets
      Originally posted by NickParkes

1) i would say kk and aa but i guess it depends on position and opponent stack size
      2) AK, QQ,KK,AA again depends on position and opponent stack size

eg)u raise UTG CO 3bets u 4bet tight
      u raise BTN BB 3bets u can 4bet abit looser

some other opinions would be gr8 too.
      true. ive seen alot of big blind defending or 3betting them with trash. so you can definitely 4bet light from the CO button with 1010+