neverending back luck

• notmebug
      notmebug
      Basic
      Hi,

I just lost another $20 to a bad beat.

I had JJ, he had Q9 clubs.

river was J928 (2 of them were clubs), i raised to £2 to try and seal the deal but he called. low and behold FLUSH!

I can't believe this anymore. Consistently bad beats, consistently bad hands, bad rivers. I have nothing to work with, and when I do, it always gets fucked.

I'v gone around 200 flops now without the slightest chance of connecting a flush. I'v spent around 10 hours playing to end up with nothing. The times I rarely get a good hand, such as KK or AA, either noone bets or it gets beaten by 2 pairs. I could go on and on, because this happens consistently on multiple tables.

I don't consider myself a pro, but im no fish either.

Im fed up, just thought I'd vent here lol :f_cry:
  • 6 replies
    • ShadowOfLight1337
      ShadowOfLight1337
      Bronze
      Psst wrong forum.

Anyway, when I was a fish I used to think the same way and didn't realize that I was making constant huge mistakes (and I didn't consider myself a fish either).

What I'm saying is, maybe it is 50% bad luck and 50% bad play on your part?
      Keep the chin up. If you're playing good poker and if it's a standard downswing, it should end in a couple of days or in a bad case scenario a few weeks.
    • paranoid1974
      paranoid1974
      Bronze
      I'm going through a significant downswing as well. It's happened before, and all I can say is that if your playing your best, keeping tilt under control, avoiding distrations and are patient, your bad luck (variance) will end. Or you'll be broke and regulated to freeroll tournies.
    • PocketAcesJohn
      PocketAcesJohn
      Bronze
      Stack sizes? Heard of emplied odds by any chance? Carnt call that a bad beat if you had more than £8 in your stack
    • robpettitt
      robpettitt
      Bronze
      Originally posted by paranoid1974
      I'm going through a significant downswing as well. It's happened before, and all I can say is that if your playing your best, keeping tilt under control, avoiding distrations and are patient, your bad luck (variance) will end. Or you'll be broke and regulated to freeroll tournies.
      +1

I had an unbelievably bad night last night. Started off running KK into AA, JJ into KK then it just got crazy. AA v QQ, Q on the flop. KK v 55, 5 on the river. AQ on AQ2 flop, he has 22. Worst one AQ flop broadway straight with KJT. Turn 6 river 6 he has J6, suited of course!

I honestly can say I played them all correctly. I am a winning player over 35K hands and about to move up the levels. I have been through this before and you just have to go over each bad beat and analyse your play. If your play is fine then you have to try and ignore the short term results and accept these downswings as variance.

Played again today and 3BI up in a short session so back on track.

Accept it as part of your learning process in becoming a good player. Best of luck! :)
    • notmebug
      notmebug
      Basic
      thanks for the advice people, i'll be taking a break from poker, it's too frustrating atm.
    • elhh82
      elhh82
      Bronze
      take a break if you feel you need to clear your head a little.

you can also try dropping down the limits and play some of the softer games. it helps to build your confidence again.