Going semi pro baby!out with ST's in with MTT's ($10-$215BI's)

• richard1817
      richard1817
      Bronze
      I have decided to make a new blog solely based on my progression as a semi pro now. In my last blog I was just trying out poker as a hobby and lookin to make a nice amount before going back to university. Also at the time I was looking for a part time job... that idea has been scrapped due to the amount I made this month. I have kind of convinced my parents (they were always hounding me to get a job) I do however need to produce the same results this month if not better to fill them with confidence.

This is my graph for last month where I started at $3 and moved up to $15

Current bankroll: $2901
      FTP points: 20 800

Achievements for last month:
      -$2650 profit
      -Bronze-Platinum on here
      -Increased understanding of ICM and applying in ST's
      -Moved from $3-$15

I currently play $15 super turbos and lately been taking shots at $30.

GOALS

-Earn $3 000 over the next month (including rakeback)
      -Become a regular at the $30 super turbos
      -Have review sessions every 3days and narrow down opponents hand ranges.
      -Getting lazy now so 100+ a day is my target

Old blog link for background on me SNG maniac...preflop only please

O and this is why I failed uni and now have to play poker :f_cool:

• 127 replies
    • BoyRobot777
      BoyRobot777
      Bronze
      i wish you best of luck :)
    • 1wayman
      1wayman
      Bronze
      Nice progress... Why dont u rather stay at 14$+1? Do u really think half the ROI u had on 7$ is achievable on 30$? Arent people playing 30$+ just to earn $$$ with RB and be breakeven?

Anyway GL. How many tables do u play those days and is there anyway we can sweet you, i am willing to finally learn this push/fold thing in 6max :)
      Although i am only playing on 3$ 6max turbos.
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Gold
    • richard1817
      richard1817
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ihufa
      I dont get it?

@1wayman.. I think the $30 are beatable from what I have played today. My ROI is actually higher on $15 than $7 (smaller sample only 1k so really hard to gage). Higher limits I find easier and more exploitable than the lower limits where I am constantly pushing into marginal spots. But anyway I can't give opinions on limits until I have atleast a 5k+ sample size. I would rather grind $30 for rakback than play $7 for profit but thats my preference. I play 4-8 tables continuosly

and yer u can sweet me...skype : airpoket123
    • LuborC
      LuborC
      Bronze
      Originally posted by 1wayman
      we can sweet you, i am willing to finally learn this push thing
      Wow this sounds like some kind of a really creepy thing involving maple syrup, whipped cream and possibly strawberries..

Anyway, good luck with your career. I hope you can make it because it looks like you're kinda counting on it..
    • Kimber88
      Kimber88
      Bronze
      Best of luck!
    • amplifyd
      amplifyd
      Bronze
      gl
    • pkrDayz
      pkrDayz
      Bronze
      ill be followign this blog as a fellow SNG'er, im playing $1 sng, ST's on party poker and pokerstars, only my BR is stuck around $50, goes down to $40 then up to $60 then somewhere in between, cant seem to put together a good enough streak to make some profit....

ive been reading about ICM and push/fold tactics but find it hard to absord it all and put it into practice when im doing my 3/4 table sessions...
    • richard1817
      richard1817
      Bronze
      Originally posted by LuborC
      Originally posted by 1wayman
      we can sweet you, i am willing to finally learn this push thing
      Wow this sounds like some kind of a really creepy thing involving maple syrup, whipped cream and possibly strawberries..

Anyway, good luck with your career. I hope you can make it because it looks like you're kinda counting on it..
      I am not counting on it if thats how IO made it sound. I have 6 months between now and going back to uni. Earning $350 is the wage I would probably be looking at if I had a part time job. I would rather play poker and earn double
    • TheBu11d0g
      TheBu11d0g
      Bronze
      Hey Richard,

Wishing you the best of british luck matey.

Ill be following your blog with interest.

Kind Regards,
      -Steve
    • Huseens
      Huseens
      Bronze
      Good luck @ tables, and thanks for helping my gameplay. :)
    • h50n
      h50n
      Bronze
      gl with your poker.
    • LavaTwilight
      LavaTwilight
      Bronze
      oh great, now the secret's out about how good the ST's are... ;)

best of luck bro, will follow with interest!
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      GL Richard.
    • richard1817
      richard1817
      Bronze
      thats alot of luck lol cheers guys hope I don't need to rely on it too much.

I have not played as many as I would have liked the last two days but 182 is not bad I guess.

Always glad to make profit even if it doesn't match up to ROi :D . I wanted to highlight a big bankroll leak I have at the moment though. And after playing around with sharkscope I was shocked to see how much I have been spewing in other games and obviously not winning. I am a sucker for mtts and tbf I think I have been running bad in them for too long now but because I don't really put any volume in to them it never levels out. I am going to try and stay away from mtts for the time being and try them with a winning mentality rather thana bit of fun.

Current Bankroll: $3016
      I owe lennonac $30 for him completing his challenge (I suck at making bets too I guess) Hopefully tonight I can put in a good session.

Side note I don't really know what point people stop declaring there bankroll. I never want to seem big headed I just use bankroll indications as points of which to move up a limit. Maybe when I reach 5-10k I will slow down with these kind of updates.
    • lessthanthreee
      lessthanthreee
      Bronze
      good luck richard. added thread to my watch list.

hope your run good continues. 2k month at the micros is sick
    • richard1817
      richard1817
      Bronze
      wow!!! the sickiest morning of poker I have ever played. I am going to have to refer back to this part of my blog when the downswing comes. I have been running sooo frigging hot. This is what happens when most of your hands hold out

Bankroll: $3410

Ill try and play another 100 sngs to complete my 1k ftp per day goal

peace out
    • warmedia
      warmedia
      Bronze
      does thoses exist at stars ?
    • 1wayman
      1wayman
      Bronze
      Originally posted by warmedia
      does thoses exist at stars ?
      you wish.. they would be a gold mine if anyone wanted to get to supernova quick :)