[Coaching] Sit and Go [Beginner] with akrammon

• chenny8888
      chenny8888
      Bronze
      Dear PokerStrategists,

welcome to the coachingthread for the [coaching name] Basic / Silver / Gold /
      Platinum coaching by [coach].

Coaching Info:

• Name: [coaching name]
      • Coach: Bierbaer
      • Time: Wednesdays 18:00-19:00 GMT
      Platinum

What will you learn in this coaching?

[filled by coach]

Upcoming Topics

Your feedback is wanted!

We want to know how you like the coaching and how we can improve. Please share your feedback in this thread!

About me:
      [filled by coach]

Hope to see you in the coachings :) .

Best regards,
      coach

Please leave any feedback you have regarding my coachings. Feel free to say whatever, I won't bite.. probably.

• Name of coaching: SNG Basics
      • Poker Room: PartyPoker
      • Time: Sunday, 10:00-11:30 GMT

To improve the quality of my coaching I need your support. Leave your feedback, your questions and your suggestions here!

A little something about me:

Hey everyone!

My name is Jackson and I come from a land down under. I'm currently taking a 1 year hiatus from university study (studying for a BE in Civil). During this hiatus I've been playing poker professionally, trying to win all the moneys :) .

I've been playing poker for about 4 years, and have been coaching for roughly 2 years. Outside of coaching, I play the Sunday scheduled MTTs, cash games of all sorts up to fairly high stakes ;) as well as a ton of live poker (tournaments and cash games). In my coaching I will hopefully impart some of my knowledge onto you in how to beat low stakes SNGs, MTSNGs, MTTs and satellites.

Thanks,
      chenny8888
  • 199 replies
    • kiromanAAKK
      kiromanAAKK
      Bronze
      Hi Coach, thank you for the great lesson. May you please post the HH of the hands u have shove in the last tournament? Thank you :heart:
    • chenny8888
      chenny8888
      Bronze
      Full handhistories (raw handhistories) for the coaching just past is located here.

http://havoc.quantoaduro.com/images/poker/tournHHapr04.rar
    • kiromanAAKK
      kiromanAAKK
      Bronze
      Thanks Coach :heart:
    • kiromanAAKK
      kiromanAAKK
      Bronze
      11 April - Hi Chenny, thanks again for the lesson of this morning and I would like know if you go to post the HH on this thread. Thank you :heart:
    • Parasites
      Parasites
      Bronze
      I appreciate all your efforts and your coaching helped me to become a winning player.
      I would think it would be a good idea to:

- stop saying that you haven't played SNG's in a while because you play PLO cash games. Your advices just don't have the same strength for someone who knows you no longer play SNG's on a regular basis.
      - you should emphasize the fact that you're trying to take the most out of your fold equity at the cost of a higher variance (hope this makes sense, I heard it in one of your videos but don't know if this is exactly what you said) by taking some borderline +EV decisions late in the game. Maybe this isn't a good strategy for a bronze member with a limited and variance-sensible BR?
      - sessions where you play only multi-table SNG's would be nice even if you won't be able to finish them during the coaching. Most of us I think struggle with the mid-game stages (20-40 BB) which could be covered in coaching.
      - don't shoot me yet please :f_grin:
      Good luck and I hope you won't get any more hit and runs at the tables :(
      Parasites - the east european donk
    • chenny8888
      chenny8888
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Parasites
      - stop saying that you haven't played SNG's in a while because you play PLO cash games. Your advices just don't have the same strength for someone who knows you no longer play SNG's on a regular basis.
      NL cash games really, but it's good to be honest in poker IMO ;) .

- you should emphasize the fact that you're trying to take the most out of your fold equity at the cost of a higher variance (hope this makes sense, I heard it in one of your videos but don't know if this is exactly what you said) by taking some borderline +EV decisions late in the game. Maybe this isn't a good strategy for a bronze member with a limited and variance-sensible BR?
      A lot of the decisions are kind of high variance but it shouldn't matter. When we play poker we should play with a conservative enough BRM such that we can always make the most profitable decisions. In fact that is one of the bigger arguments for using a good BRM strategy.

- sessions where you play only multi-table SNG's would be nice even if you won't be able to finish them during the coaching. Most of us I think struggle with the mid-game stages (20-40 BB) which could be covered in coaching.
      - don't shoot me yet please :f_grin:
      I do this rarely but yea :P .

Thanks for the feedback Parasites! Good luck at the tables!

@kiromanAA: http://havoc.quantoaduro.com/images/hh18april.rar There are extra HH in this from my chinese coaching prior to this one.
    • Hahaownedlolz
      Hahaownedlolz
      Bronze
      I will be watching this Sunday. I'm assuming it's regular Sng's? i've done a few of those in the past. But i've been running about -20% ROI on those over probably 100+ So yeah.. i don't play those anymore. But even then i'm still going to watch, you never know i might learn some new stuff that i could use for the multi table sng i usualy play.
    • chenny8888
      chenny8888
      Bronze
      it's 9man turbo SNGs
    • chenny8888
      chenny8888
      Bronze
      Sorry I missed the coaching yesterday. Started a live tournament at 1230 (noon) my time and figured it'd be over by the time of my coaching (which is 11pm my time). We played for 12 hrs.

Good news is i'm coming 2nd in chips by 1/2 a big blind going into day 2 :]
    • z4tz
      z4tz
      Bronze
      Nice going chenny! Go for the win!
    • Cardbender
      Cardbender
      Bronze
      kick ass!
    • chenny8888
      chenny8888
      Bronze
      i won. :D
    • Cardbender
      Cardbender
      Bronze
      Good job! :D
    • chenny8888
      chenny8888
      Bronze
      Edited the time to suit me better. I may have either a day 3 or a day 2 on that day, but they start a lot later than my day 1 tournaments so this time suits me the best (i need my sleep). See you all at 9pm!
    • rope4u
      rope4u
      Bronze
      Is there for the new time a schedule on the coaching section?

(sorry for my bad english)
    • chenny8888
      chenny8888
      Bronze
      The time should not have changed. It should still be at 9pm German time. However as no one official is on at the moment (also my internet atm is horrendous) we will cancel the coaching for the week. Next week it will be at either 7pm or 9pm German time. It will not be earlier than that.
    • rope4u
      rope4u
      Bronze
      ty for the quick answer ( i am from the Netherlands ;-) )
    • chenny8888
      chenny8888
      Bronze
      gj on the soccer :]
    • rope4u
      rope4u
      Bronze
      Ty

I hope we win the Semi Final and play agains Germany.

Personal i think Germany is playing better at this moment.

How is life in Vegas? :D
      You are there at the moment ?