PLO bankroll management

• 4 replies
    • TheBu11d0g
      TheBu11d0g
      Bronze
      Hello thorturgutt,

An ideal bankroll for Pot Limit Omaha is 50 buy-ins.

The 50 buy-in rule is merely a starting point though and can be increased in case you are not 100% confident. It is also extremely important to move down whenever you pass under a given bankroll.

So ideally you will move up when you have 50 BIs for the next limit and move down when you have 50 BIs for your previous limit.

Kind Regards,
      -Steve
    • thorturgutt
      thorturgutt
      Bronze
      thank you very much steve
      what about cap games ?
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      What Steve is quoting is the recommended brm for 100bb PLO.... I'm pretty sure we have no articles on 50bb/shortstack/cap PLO on pokerstrategy, but due to the nature of the game (high variance), adding the nature of playing with 20-50bb (even more variance) I would suggest you keep a lot more than 50 BIs (1 BI = 30bb right?) in your bankroll.
      I'd go for 100 I guess if I were you playing micro stakes, but then again, I'd go for 100 with normal PLO aswell so if I wanted to play CAP I might do 200 BIs :f_biggrin: but that's just me personally

You should just decide what you want to do yourself. Have no problem dealing with variance, dropping down and moving up fast? Go for a loose BRM. Like to move up safely, tilt easily, know that you tilt a lot if you lose a significant part of your BR in one session, then keep more buyins.
    • thorturgutt
      thorturgutt
      Bronze
      thank you for taking your time fongie, helpt alot