Skip to forum
Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] NL100 AQs,

4 Posts
4 Users
0 Reactions
46 Views
Fongie
Joined: 02.12.2006
Oldschool Grinder

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
NL Holdem $1(BB) Replayer
Hero ($105)
BB ($341)
UTG ($111)
CO ($348)
BTN ($100)

Dealt to Hero A♠ Q♠

fold, CO raises to $3.50, BTN calls $3.50, Hero calls $3, fold

FLOP ($11.50) 8♦ Q♥ 2♦

Hero checks, CO checks, BTN bets $8.50, Hero calls $8.50, CO folds

TURN ($28.50) 8♦ Q♥ 2♦ 2♣

Hero bets $18, BTN calls $18

RIVER ($64.50) 8♦ Q♥ 2♦ 2♣ 8♠

Hero bets $40, BTN folds

vs: 25/21 5.5AF 170 hands
(co 22/17 1,4k hands)

Pre I wanted BB in the pot since he was a big fish so no squeeze, also didnt really want to ship over a 4bet against the regs and they dont call many 3bets

I'm not so sure about the flop. I went for a c/c because both are pretty aggressive, so I think the PFR would cbet a flushdraw and any queen, and if he doesnt cbet I think there's a really good chance that BU bets with everything that's not marginal showdown value (any top pair, fd, air).

On the turn I think he never barrels against me with air. I'm not sure what he does with a flushdraw but myself I would probably check it back because it looks like I have a queen and won't fold on this blank. So I decided to donk, to get called by worse queens and flushdraws - or in a best case scenario to get raised by draws or air, if he's spewy (I dont really know).

On the river I really didn't know what to do, I was leaning towards a c/c but in the end I thought he probably wouldn't bluff the 8 so I decided to valuebet. The size was made in a hurry cause I was timing out (damn ongame) so I just scrolled up pretty much, probably should bet a little smaller?


3 replies
Becks777
Joined: 04.03.2006
BlackMember

I like the lead on the Turn. I think ur percieved range looks a lot like Qx since u would often donk a draw. So he will mostly cb the Turn for a free card.
But are u really stacking of if he raises the Turn?
As played i´d bet 38 on the River.


caltabiano
Joined: 09.03.2007
Elite Grinder

I don't really like c/c, db turn. I think if the plan is to c/c, it should be in order to get villain to barrel off. So, if we don't know that he's super aggro, I prefer c/r. He's folding his air on the turn anyway. On the flop however, he might choose to call or even stack off lightly, thinking our range is heavily weighted towards semi bluffs or bluffs, as he doesn't believe we overcalled QQ or AQ in such a situation preflop

As played:
On the river, I actually like a bigger bet, like $49 or even $52. If we're value betting here, we pretty much always have AQ. So it's either that or we're totally bluffing (which is unlikely). So villain should be folding all his weaker Q's to any bet, BUT I won't give people credit for folding Qx here. I think 90% of the players will call and so I like betting ♦

I think we should either go for the big value bet or for a very small inducing bet, ~$19-22


Bierbaer
Joined: 27.05.2005
Oldschool Grinder

Preflop is ok given your reasons.

On the flop I'd also check/raise.
Check/calling will get you in a lot of ugly spots on the turn and river where you end up giving up the best hand (for example if a :diamond: hits).
You also lose value against other Qx and draws and at the same time you're not likely to get value because by check/calling on the flop you turn your hand into a bluffcatcher already.


Share: