Bratislava pokerflat aka mission: Phil Hellmuth

• silent21
      silent21
      Global

about me

Some of you know me, but most not therefore let me introduce myself. My name is Ivan, i am 23 from Bulgaria and i am still a student.

Right now i am living in Czech Republic and until yesterday i was working in an international software security company. I left my boring corporate cubicle with mixed feelings, but today i feel like this was the best decision i have ever made. Its strange how life changes, if before 6 months someone would have told me that I will leave my job for poker i would never believe it but here i am.

After few days i will be moving to Bratislava to live together with a good friend of mine, who all of you should know - TheLastNail, who will join me in blogging here.

poker

I wont take your time with my poker history so i will start from where i am now. I am playing nl100sh and because i am overbankrolled super confident loose monkey i am taking shots on nl200 from time to time.

Playing poker just for a living is not a motivation for me. My goal is not only to earn enough for a quality life style but to be one of the best.

Right now i am approximately 9bb/100 winner at NL100sh. My plan is to divide my game on 20k hands segments and deeply analyze my game after each one until i can beat nl100 for 20bb/100 winrate. I know its kinda of a stretch because 20k hands is not a big sample size, but still i am confident it is doable.

This is all for now from me, stay tuned!

EDIT after some discussion with TLN we realized that playing high stakes is not fulfilling enough and we need new goals to motivate us! So here it is - bust the most obnoxious low skilled high profile poker player in the world - Phil Helmuth!!!
  • 1211 replies
    • silent21
      silent21
      Global
      Its 30th of April and i wont play today so here is the graph for this month.

Ipoker

[img]http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/3336/april1.jp[/img]

Second Ipoker nick

[img]http://img511.imageshack.us/img511/5568/april4.jp[/img]

and first deposit bonus, so almost 3k € all together

As you can see i am not playing so much, just 20k hands, but this was because of my work. Expect at least 50k this month :)
    • supeyrio
      supeyrio
      Bronze
      all the best for your endeavor, im sure you can scale to great heights!
      is 20BB/100 hands even doable? must be real sick. good luck, i will be keeping tabs on this blog! :f_biggrin:
    • DessiP
      DessiP
      Bronze
      Hi silent21,

It is great to see that you have started your own blog at PokerStrategy.com! I am sure it was not an easy decision to quit your job and focus only on your poker career, but seeing your motivation, I am sure you will succeed. :s_cool:

Safe trip to Bratislava!

Желая ти успех!

Regards,
      Dessi
    • Atoks
      Atoks
      Bronze
      One to follow, making a goal of 20BB/100H is a huge challenge. How many tables do u plan to play and how many hours per day?
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      Cool. Wanna sweat some time? :f_p:
    • silent21
      silent21
      Global
      @supeyrio
      thanks for the support. yes i believe it is doable, maybe not if u play 9+ tables, but for 4-6 for sure.

@DessiP
      leaving my job was really hard decision and that is why i am even more motivated about my poker career. thanks for the nice words!

Скоро очаквай моя блог в Българската общност :)

@Atoks
      before writing this i spent my day reviewing most of the big pots i lost during the last 20k hands. its unbelievable how many mistakes i had made. i am quite confident that if i can keep A game for 95% of the time 20+bb/100 is possible. Usually i play between 4 and 9 tables depending on my mood and tables and I never set goals like hands or hours per day, but if i am a pro i will have to do it, so most probably 4-6h a day.

@Fongie
      for sure, but probably next week cause i am busy here arranging my move. send me pm with some contact details when u are free
    • ZhiCheng
      ZhiCheng
      Bronze
      Nice!

wow 9bb\hh .. isnt it already crushing the limit ?
      Im sure u ll have no prob with having superb life with what you already achieved + what u surely gonna achieve in near future with TLN by your side.

Im gonna keep close look at this blog for sure.
      GL mate
    • silent21
      silent21
      Global
      two hands i played recently which i think might be interesting

Hand 1

SB ($49.58)
      BB ($30)
      UTG ($80.45)
      Hero ($100)
      BTN ($100)

Dealt to Hero Q:spade: T:spade:

fold, Hero raises to $3, BTN calls $3, fold, fold

FLOP ($7.50) 6:diamond: A:club: J:heart:

Hero bets $5, BTN calls $5

TURN ($17.50) 6:diamond: A:club: J:heart: 5:diamond:

Hero checks, BTN bets $12, Hero raises to $30, BTN folds

Hero shows Q:spade: T:spade:

Hero wins $39.45

villain is semi good reg, or at least according to ptr he is a mediocre winner. he is not folding to cbets (fold to cbet 31% and turn IP aggression 73% so obv he float often (for a big sample size) and in his eyes i am kinda aggro. i have no reads at all except stats but these days its prety common to float A high flops so i went for c/r.

one day after i decided to check the math behind the hand and here it is:

second barrel here will be pure spew because only pure air from his float range will fold since i am aggro.

if his flop range is
      AJ/AT/A9, A8s-A2s, KQ/KT/QT, KJ/QJ/JT/J9, 55-TT, 75s/65s/54s

hands that fold to 2nd barrel: KQ/KT/QT, 77-TT, 75s/54s (= 60 combos)

hands that call 2nd barrel but fold to a checkraise: KJ/QJ/JT/J9, A2s-A4s,A7s-A8s,A9,AT (= 84 combos)

hands that call or reraise regardless: AJ, 55, 66, 65s, A5s, A6s (= 22 combos)

a second barrel will only work about 35% of the time (so betting 2/3 pot will not give me odds) but a checkraise works 87% and i win even more

generally on other flops like T52 his floatng range is much more wider and there second barrel would be the better play against this guy

Hand 2

Hero ($101)
      BB ($101)
      UTG ($205)
      CO ($24.45)
      BTN ($147)

Dealt to Hero 6:club: 5:club:

fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $3, BB calls $2

FLOP ($6) T:diamond: T:heart: K:diamond:

Hero bets $4, BB raises to $12, Hero calls $8

TURN ($30) T:diamond: T:heart: K:diamond: 4:heart:

Hero bets $24, BB folds

Hero shows 6:club: 5:club:

Hero wins $28.50

quite a lot of preflop meta game with this guy constant 3/4bets and squuzes or resquuezes. he should be a bit on tilt because before one orbit i insta snapped his 5betshove with 77 and stacked his pure air.

i believe he is from not so good regs and with his not so big raise on the flop basically he cannot represent anything imo except some draws so i decided to call and reevaluate on the turn.

turn is a blank so i decided to stab big so i dont give him the opportunity to check behind his draws and in this spot ofcourse i can represent big king and fold all his K/2-9 hands.

And here is the deep analysis from the all mighty TLN!

Originally posted by TheLastNail
      nh! perfect reasoning, a great line... if he calles T and R is a blank its better to c/r tho rather than bet coz A, he calles u there with made hands anyway B, he provides more dead money with busted draws which are going to fold to a c/r C, if it goes c,c he is going to see your hand and think u re an idiotic spewtard :) (u can aslo c/f too sometimes tho :P ) as u said, some equity helps in general, but in sb vs bb it doesnt matter much --> btw: i would show him this hand if i was ip on him on the tab so that he can steam some money into our pocket later.

to other ppl than my beloved mate Ivan :f_love: : he is not trying to get him of Kx and by no means of Tx obv.. he is getting him off Ax and underpairs, most notably draws tho. Ivan is cbetting that board 100% --> a reg playing vs him knows it, so he is gonna fight back and r it with pretty wide range (mosttly with some decent equity) to ease his pain in the next streets coz Ivan is gonna bomb him down till R ..

but we like to put ppl back into that pain... ;)
    • silent21
      silent21
      Global
      @GooRukYONG
      its not about crushing the limits, its about being the best :s_cool:

we have an agreement with TLN that if he help me move to nl1-2k till the end of the year i will give him 10% of the winnings, so im sure his superb skill and my unquestionable motivation will succeed :)
    • roswellx
      roswellx
      Bronze
      Yooo, best of luck mate. Will you be following 100 BIs brm ? Wild partying @ Bratislava. We (me & jodev) will be following your blog for sure ;)
    • supeyrio
      supeyrio
      Bronze
      Originally posted by silent21
      @GooRukYONG
      its not about crushing the limits, its about being the best :s_cool:

we have an agreement with TLN that if he help me move to nl1-2k till the end of the year i will give him 10% of the winnings, so im sure his superb skill and my unquestionable motivation will succeed :)
      wow what a deal! i'll move from Singapore to Bratislava (i swear i had to wiki to know where this is lol) if i can get coached by TLN for a fee of 15% of my winnings till year end! :f_biggrin:

hope to hear news of you crushing NL1k soon, this is going to be an interesting blog :f_p:
    • TheLastNail
      TheLastNail
      Black
      hey guys,

yea this will be our new blog. I think its going to be strongly challenges-orientated.

to recap on what happened already and how we got together: we met eachother couple of times during party weekends of diamonds in Ger, Cze, Svk and what can i say: Ivan was a nice guy who right away provoked me with his nice bulgarian hairy chest and i couldnt resist :f_love:

He was the one who suggested to give the 10%, so i take it, ok, but for me, the biggest advantage of this symbiosis will be a real life friend who i can spend time with doing various activities. should be cool and rly looking forw. /btw: u know we bet with Ivan abt who can get to a better shape by start of yachtweek /21.8/ so there should be some regular gym action for sure /luckily 1 good gym is just around the corner, like 100m from here/ i bet my 900€ vs his 350€ (yea, i am confident of winning :D ) that from a pool of at least 10 random girls i ll be preffered over him.

Pokerwise, i hope he doesnt spoil my game too much :D no, jk.. actually, it should be a nice motivation for me to improve and play better and esp more and on regular basis, we ll sure establish sth like playing hours or so... Also, as i want his 10% now, i ll try to teach him almost everything.. just not how to beat me hopefully :P

some concrete plans for May to come.. for now, just moving in, organizing furniture, desks should ve of priority and solving the internet problem, which is rly failing at least 1/ day nowadys which is just horrid. /costs me a LOT each month.

more to come soon.
    • silent21
      silent21
      Global
      1st of May! its time to set some goals for the month. i dont have problems with studying and analyzing my game so i will put mainly a volume goal!

100k hands NL100sh, beat this !
    • Skeat
      Skeat
      Bronze
      N1, will follow.
    • TheLastNail
      TheLastNail
      Black
      1st of May! its time to set some goals for the month. i dont have problems with studying and analyzing my game so i will put mainly a volume goal!

oh man, big -1! .. i ll never ever allow u to do such thing. dead srsly. I have your goal for May: be a winning plr till end of the month on NL200.

no 1 goal for both of us should be to get the most stable internet connection possible first though :)
    • silent21
      silent21
      Global
      Originally posted by TheLastNail

oh man, big -1! .. i ll never ever allow u to do such thing. dead srsly. I have your goal for May: be a winning plr till end of the month on NL200.

no 1 goal for both of us should be to get the most stable internet connection possible first though :)
      i dont intend on staying at nl100 at all, but i need this 100bi br for nl200 and in 100k@nl100 hands i should have them

ill make sure to configure some super stable :s_love: dual connection :s_love:
    • TwiceT
      TwiceT
      Black
      на добър час сър!
    • silent21
      silent21
      Global
      Originally posted by TwiceT
      на добър час сър!
      Ein Gruß von Herrn ersten englischen Black Member auf meine Muttersprache ist eine sehr gute Motivation. Vielen Dank Herr!
    • TheLastNail
      TheLastNail
      Black
      ok, guys, Ivan wants me to introduce:

so will just copy some lines from the monkeyblog

I am a 24yo poor semistudent from Slovakia.

Contrary to TwiceT who has been a gansta pretty much for all of his life, I ve been essentially just aimlessly roaming the outskirts of my previously stereotypical life, before finally making THE change.. Up to ~ 19yo my life primarily just consisted of school, but since I overcooked it a lot, the exhaustion brought me to question the purpose of life and such.. Long story short: I changed plans from going to US uni and pursue the carrer of a mathematician, to becoming a pro chess plr (but wasnt too good, coz started terribly late) to becoming a priest (studied spiritual questions a lot), to becoming a family man (i had a 2y long rel, which failed) to becoming a person who enjoys life with the fullest sips.

After several years of having school interrupted ((3y @ highschool even! Augenzwinkern .. u know i am a psycho! Heart .. i was rly searching for my answers hard and fulltime Augenzwinkern ) I reevaluated priorities in life and decided this year to come back and study again from the 1st year. update: already quit again to concentrate more on poker.

poker career:

Started with 50$ from ps, and after randomly wasting my time on some microstakes SnG and going broke I won 1$ back in some freeroll in august 08.. Then started with 0.1SnG by applying some selfmade strategies, which took me back to sth ~20$, where in Sept 08 i started with NL2 CG and veeery slowly learnig from articles in here and some Hasenbraten vids.. this brought me to NL200 till Feb09 /i started playing more from Dec08, when i was moving to NL50 and was starting to think i could make potentially some worthwhile money/ I started to take poker as a proffesion in March, where i began to feel I was competitive on NL200. From then on started to analyze at my own too and developed my own game outside of the classical ABC box.

Now i play up to NL2k, had my times of doubt abt increasing stakes /playing for volume, but i am pretty sure now, that my way is to play better rather than more (although i want to play a bit more too)---> on 1 hand i wont get a suit from pokerstrategy as soon on BM party, on the other i hope to make much more money by concentrating on the bigger fish on the net out there. I definitely want to play NL5k in some time, tho quite some many things pokervise didnt go well lately for me, so will stay just up to NL1k for s month or 2. My overall poker gameplan is to play poker for 2 more years and secure my family for the lifetime so that i can then enjoy/study/work at w/e i find interesting withought having a strong sense for how much i have to work to feed family in the back of my mind.

i like to hang out with friends, doing sports, esp more adrenaline ones, psychology (love live games also a lot) philosophiing abt life, math, music, parties (monkeystyle ftw) and many games, esp logical.

bow