$2.00
      CO:
      $9.95
      BU:
      $17.81
      SB (Hero):
      $12.09

Preflop: Hero is SB with A, K.
      2 folds, CO raises to $0.35, BU folds, Hero calls $0.30, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.8) 6, J, A (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $0.55, Hero raises to $1.25, CO calls $0.70.

Turn: ($3.3) 6 (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $2.00, Hero raises to $5.00, CO folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $5.3.

23/12/3,1 100cb/ 60% steal / 380hand

prf: i putting him very wide range, so when i 3bet i expect he folds 70%-85% and i win 0,35. When i call he never expect me that i have AK so when i hit Axx board i win 100% his c.bets and if he have AT-AQ i have opportunites stack off him.

Raise small becouse i want that he rerasie me flop and i shove here, i thinks he often put me on draw this flop and rasie Ax hands.

turn: i often play like this draw so i check but draw i only call, but this situation i raise again becouse i dont want looks river spade and he fold evry AX hand if i bet river so i rasie expect him AI AT+.
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

I understand where you're coming from, but I just think it's the wrong approach at microstakes against people who look somewhat competent. If you read on CO is that he's a complete idiot anyway, just 3-bet and expect him to call it too often.

The truth is these days any guy who looks taggish has a somewhat decent understanding of hand values and can fold top pairs when presented with the standard monster lines, "If you get check/raised on the turn your top pair is usually no good" and the other general principles. And they aren't thinking enough to start making big calls with just a marginal top pair most of the time, they'll just prefer folding.

So when you play AK like you did, you're actually widening your value range by adding a hand that is roughly equivalent to your two pairs / sets monsters in that spot, which means it's just as "easy" for people to fold when you take a strong line by putting you on 66 or something. I think you're better off either

- 3-betting and hoping they'll call with AT-AQ then stack off with top pair.

- playing it postflop a bit slower as not to scare away every hand you beat by repping a monster. Like check/call the flop and then donk out both turn and river to prevent him from pot controlling worse Ax hands, or as played just check/call the turn and donk out a river to represent a missed draw, anything that looks funky instead of a monster double check/raise line.

Hope it helps.