Last chance...

• Berzerger
      Berzerger
      Bronze
      Hello everyone,

I'm making this thread because I can't think of any other way to vent off my frustration, although I know it will still be there even after I finish typing. So what happened? Last week I had over $1k in my EuroPoker account. This week I'm down to little over $100. The best way to imagine how I'm feeling right now would be walking in on a killer raping your daughter's corpse. This is not an exaggeration. I have put a lot of time and effort into poker, it's practically been my life for the past year or so, and I regularly withdrew money to pay for pretty much anything I needed. And now my bankroll is almost reduced to nothing. The worst part isn't losing money. It's working hard for something, and ending up losing money for my efforts.

Before I started taking poker seriously, I already quit school because I knew it was not my thing. Back then, I was hanging around with wrong people, selling substances and regularly getting into fights. When I noticed how much money I could earn playing poker, it seemed like a viable alternative to jobs that can land you into prison. After this week I just don't think that's the case anymore. With my bankroll I can't even play NL10 without risking going broke, and there's no way in hell I'm going to waste my time playing for 60 cent pots.

What I'm going to do is start grinding SnG until I get back to $1k. I will not deposit any of my own money, by that I mean money that didn't result from poker winnings. If I won't see a noticeable progress in the timespan of one week, I'll just withdraw what I have left and prematurely retire from poker. That will be my profit from two years of online gambling, and that's where it will end.

And, as promised, I still feel as bad as when I started typing...
  • 3 replies
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Ya, i felt this way like 7 or 8 months ago so yea, that sucks. Just be strong and (hopefully) run good, it'll make you stronger. GL
    • Hahaownedlolz
      Hahaownedlolz
      Bronze
      Last week I had over $1k in my EuroPoker account. This week I'm down to little over $100.

Try following good BRM then, since i highly doubt you did. I don't see how you can go from $1000 to $100 if you followed good bankroll management.

I suggest to get over yourself and your ego and start grinding it again, since you seem to be a winning player. What makes you think sng's will be easier then grinding cash games though? It will only be harder since you'll have to learn how to play in sng's..
    • Atoks
      Atoks
      Gold
      Congrats ur at (one of the) low points that everyone gets to face both in poker and life. I'm not really sure which is worse, having 1k$ and running it down to 100$ or having 5k$ and running them down to 500$. Describing how u feel I guess there wouldn't be much difference in that aspect.

Ur in for a tough task. Now more then ever u'll have to keep ur composure and really deliver the best performance u can and even that might not be enough. Brutal isn't it ... I'm not sure where it was used or in what way should it have been interpreted but someone somewhere said, that they have been to hell and back. Can't be a bad thing if u can make the journey back can it.